Post Your TV Setup / Blu-Ray collection

Do you guys still purchase blu-rays of DVDs that you have purchased in the past? I have like 10-15 Blu-Rays but I will never drop more money to cop a Blu-Ray of a movie I already own on DVD..doesn't make sense to me when all blu-ray players can convert them to 1080p

Oh and do you guys pay retail for all of them?

Does anyone know a website that'll give me ideas for a TV setup? I'm looking at a place and the common area is oddly shaped so it's hard for a traditional setup ...

Does anyone know a website that'll give me ideas for a TV setup? I'm looking at a place and the common area is oddly shaped so it's hard for a traditional setup ...

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Here's a crappy phone pic of the blus:
20110130222302.jpg
where can I get this shelf?

All the people who posted their blu-rays - very nice collections
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Do you guys still purchase blu-rays of DVDs that you have purchased in the past? I have like 10-15 Blu-Rays but I will never drop more money to cop a Blu-Ray of a movie I already own on DVD..doesn't make sense to me when all blu-ray players can convert them to 1080p

Yes, I do purchase blu-rays of DVDs I have owned in the past.  When I heard news of a new format (HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray) years ago, I quickly sold my DVD collection.  I went on a hiatus with purchasing movies for a couple years and finally started buying movies on blu-ray not too long ago. 

And for the purchasing in retail for them...I would say "hell-no!" on paying $24.99-$35.99
sick.gif
for a blu-ray movie.  The only time I would pay more than $30 for a blu-ray is if a special release comes out - like a steelbook edition.  All the movies I purchase are through Amazon (tax free & free shipping - Prime FTW) when there are price drops.  If I buy something from Target and Best Buy, the movie better be below $15. 

There are plenty of new deals each week for blu-rays.  I have purchased Back to the Future Trilogy for $25 and a lot of other movies below $10.  The Criterion movies I posted earlier in my collection cost me around $12 per title
eek.gif
There is a sale right now at Best Buy with $9.99 - $12.99 titles (Fantastic Mr. Fox & Apocalypse Now are films you might consider buying).

All the people who posted their blu-rays - very nice collections
pimp.gif

Yes, I do purchase blu-rays of DVDs I have owned in the past.  When I heard news of a new format (HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray) years ago, I quickly sold my DVD collection.  I went on a hiatus with purchasing movies for a couple years and finally started buying movies on blu-ray not too long ago. 

And for the purchasing in retail for them...I would say "hell-no!" on paying $24.99-$35.99
sick.gif
for a blu-ray movie.  The only time I would pay more than $30 for a blu-ray is if a special release comes out - like a steelbook edition.  All the movies I purchase are through Amazon (tax free & free shipping - Prime FTW) when there are price drops.  If I buy something from Target and Best Buy, the movie better be below $15. 

There are plenty of new deals each week for blu-rays.  I have purchased Back to the Future Trilogy for $25 and a lot of other movies below $10.  The Criterion movies I posted earlier in my collection cost me around $12 per title
eek.gif
There is a sale right now at Best Buy with $9.99 - $12.99 titles (Fantastic Mr. Fox & Apocalypse Now are films you might consider buying).

Originally Posted by What up

im pretty sure you can mix and match pieces from IKEA for a great set-up, use your imagination bro.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by What up

im pretty sure you can mix and match pieces from IKEA for a great set-up, use your imagination bro.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by QnzBoyMike

lol my room isn't even thar small lol, no ninjahood

so should i change the title to " Post Your Room"?

and yeh i didn't write the specs but what you see is what i got, i love watching movies btw
Measure it, because ##!% looks tiny to me. I thought it was a closet as well. I'm like this dude goes in the closet to watch movies?

And I always liked the look of an extensive cd or dvd or blu ray or even book collection, but with the technology out there now, illegal or not, it is just not worth the money.

Originally Posted by QnzBoyMike

lol my room isn't even thar small lol, no ninjahood

so should i change the title to " Post Your Room"?

and yeh i didn't write the specs but what you see is what i got, i love watching movies btw
Measure it, because ##!% looks tiny to me. I thought it was a closet as well. I'm like this dude goes in the closet to watch movies?

And I always liked the look of an extensive cd or dvd or blu ray or even book collection, but with the technology out there now, illegal or not, it is just not worth the money.

I have over 400 regular DVD's and only around 15 or so blu rays but the only double I purchased for Blu Ray was The Dark Knight

I have over 400 regular DVD's and only around 15 or so blu rays but the only double I purchased for Blu Ray was The Dark Knight

You will realize in a few years that all those Blu-Rays are a waste of money as they are a depreciating value, especially with a collection like that.

I have boxes and boxes, and boxes, of DVD's and I now regret buying so many.

You will realize in a few years that all those Blu-Rays are a waste of money as they are a depreciating value, especially with a collection like that.

I have boxes and boxes, and boxes, of DVD's and I now regret buying so many.

Whew! I just finished counting my collection. I have 11.
laugh.gif

To those of you with 100+ blu-rays, what percentage of them do you actually watch more than once (or even at all)?

most of the blu-rays in my "collection" are comedies because most other movie genres have zero replay factor...for me at least. it'd be stupid for me to own a movie only to not ever take the disc out of its case ever again.

my bedroom (#poor):

9apu9i.jpg

2zf1wua.jpg

the planet earth and life collections are probably one of the best purchases i've ever made
pimp.gif

Whew! I just finished counting my collection. I have 11.
laugh.gif

To those of you with 100+ blu-rays, what percentage of them do you actually watch more than once (or even at all)?

most of the blu-rays in my "collection" are comedies because most other movie genres have zero replay factor...for me at least. it'd be stupid for me to own a movie only to not ever take the disc out of its case ever again.

my bedroom (#poor):

9apu9i.jpg

2zf1wua.jpg

the planet earth and life collections are probably one of the best purchases i've ever made
pimp.gif

I watch a lot of my movies more than once. When it comes to blu rays, I only buy the ones that will look good on my TV (mainly action and of course a couple of the pixar movies). Never got the point of buying a movie on blu ray that was released in 1992 or something like that, it'll look better but only to an extent

I watch a lot of my movies more than once. When it comes to blu rays, I only buy the ones that will look good on my TV (mainly action and of course a couple of the pixar movies). Never got the point of buying a movie on blu ray that was released in 1992 or something like that, it'll look better but only to an extent

I don't repurchase movies I already I have on DVD unless they're $10 or lower. I will break this rule if I really @$+@*@+ love the movie and need to rewatch in HD ie. Back to the Future trilogy.
And hell no I don't pay MSRP for them, you can usually get new releases for $19.99 or a little more if you keep up to date on the latest deals. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at the thought of going to Best Buy and dropping $40 on something like Scott Pilgrim. 
alien.gif

I don't repurchase movies I already I have on DVD unless they're $10 or lower. I will break this rule if I really @$+@*@+ love the movie and need to rewatch in HD ie. Back to the Future trilogy.
And hell no I don't pay MSRP for them, you can usually get new releases for $19.99 or a little more if you keep up to date on the latest deals. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at the thought of going to Best Buy and dropping $40 on something like Scott Pilgrim. 
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom