Post Your TV Setup / Blu-Ray collection

Originally Posted by ksteezy

MY LIVING ROOM SET-UP, THINKING ABOUT GETTING A WALL UNIT, BUT I LIKE THE CLEAN LOOK...IDK, OP VERY IMPRESIVE COLLECTION BRO
5403889094_08c5895e64_b.jpg

42 INCH PHILLIPS WITH AMBIENT LIGHTS
smokin.gif

5403889394_37801350dc_b.jpg

5403889632_d1c4650a27_b.jpg

mostly DVD's, not up on that blu-ray steez yet...
5403890602_0504cbdba2_b.jpg

NIKETLK
5403888778_44c6e856c2_b.jpg
why do people take pics with this effect it supposed to make it cooler?

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by GeraldPoseyIII

So I take it that IKEA is the best place to get setups like this?

Or is there anywhere else?

Yea, I would try Ikea as well as Target (in the electronics section) or Best Buy. 
And as far as good brands for TVs? I know Samsung is probably the best one, but what TVs should I look into/stay away from. Sorry, I'm new to this.

samsung's are usually a safe bet but some models can be problematic.  post your budget and size/features you want so people can make recommendations.
I have a 46 inch samsung and I love it.  I've heard different things about the whole LCD vs Plasma thing, mine it a LCD and is great.  For that size, consumer reports had samsungs as the best.  But like the person above me said, it depends on your budget.  You can get TV's really cheap now though.....Really wanna get a 55 inch led 
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

So I take it that IKEA is the best place to get setups like this?

Or is there anywhere else?

Yea, I would try Ikea as well as Target (in the electronics section) or Best Buy. 
And as far as good brands for TVs? I know Samsung is probably the best one, but what TVs should I look into/stay away from. Sorry, I'm new to this.

samsung's are usually a safe bet but some models can be problematic.  post your budget and size/features you want so people can make recommendations.
I have a 46 inch samsung and I love it.  I've heard different things about the whole LCD vs Plasma thing, mine it a LCD and is great.  For that size, consumer reports had samsungs as the best.  But like the person above me said, it depends on your budget.  You can get TV's really cheap now though.....Really wanna get a 55 inch led 
devil.gif

Well, budget really isn't a problem, but I'm not trying to spend more than $1000 on a tv, when I still need to buy they furniture etc.

Well, budget really isn't a problem, but I'm not trying to spend more than $1000 on a tv, when I still need to buy they furniture etc.

I would go to a Best Buy and look at the different TVs they got there and see which one stands out most or shows the best picture quality.  Once you pick that TV model out, go online and search slickdeals and research the price history - if it was cheaper before and look at price drop trends.  If you couldn't wait, I would purchase the TV you want from Amazon - free shipping and no tax, which would save you up to a hundred dollars (depending on where you live).

Also, once you buy a TV, do you plan on buying a surround sound system?

I would go to a Best Buy and look at the different TVs they got there and see which one stands out most or shows the best picture quality.  Once you pick that TV model out, go online and search slickdeals and research the price history - if it was cheaper before and look at price drop trends.  If you couldn't wait, I would purchase the TV you want from Amazon - free shipping and no tax, which would save you up to a hundred dollars (depending on where you live).

Yea, most definitely, if I knew which one was good
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One of these days I'll get a nice setup. I'm gonna go do what you said, and go to BB and just look at the TVs. But I've noticed one thing. The quality of the picture of the TVs in BB are amazing, but then you take that TV home, and it doesn't look the same. Why's that?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One of these days I'll get a nice setup. I'm gonna go do what you said, and go to BB and just look at the TVs. But I've noticed one thing. The quality of the picture of the TVs in BB are amazing, but then you take that TV home, and it doesn't look the same. Why's that?

you guys got some nice simple set ups. and really nice blu ray collections. i have a theater but only use it for TV and i got about 30 blu ray movies. ive only seen 2 of them, the rest are in boxes or still in wrap
30t6p3b.gif

looking forward to seeing more though.

you guys got some nice simple set ups. and really nice blu ray collections. i have a theater but only use it for TV and i got about 30 blu ray movies. ive only seen 2 of them, the rest are in boxes or still in wrap
30t6p3b.gif

looking forward to seeing more though.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Because the TVs at BB are calibrated.  I think BB offers to send a professional over to calibrate your TV, but it'll cost some money.  Best way is to go on CNet to see if they have calibrated settings for the TV you want.  Otherwise, you could buy a calibration blu-ray or dvd to calibrate your TV.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Because the TVs at BB are calibrated.  I think BB offers to send a professional over to calibrate your TV, but it'll cost some money.  Best way is to go on CNet to see if they have calibrated settings for the TV you want.  Otherwise, you could buy a calibration blu-ray or dvd to calibrate your TV.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

10yia9z.jpg

Got a really smaller room, I gotta decide what I wanna do with the cables. The Playstation is vertical now and the xbox is broken so its not in the way, traded all the games too.
Do you stump your toe a lot on your way out of the room? haha

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

10yia9z.jpg

Got a really smaller room, I gotta decide what I wanna do with the cables. The Playstation is vertical now and the xbox is broken so its not in the way, traded all the games too.
Do you stump your toe a lot on your way out of the room? haha

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

whats the simplest way to do this? and the cheapest?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

whats the simplest way to do this? and the cheapest?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom