POST YOUR UNPOPULAR SNEAKER OPINIONS

Air Jordan 1's only J's I cop

SB's still drop heat 

New Balances been coming with it, the hype is deserved 

Those Gammas about to drop are 
sick.gif

Saw this, but need to say it again. 

Kobe's Adidas line is so much better looks wise to me than his Nike line. His Nike line constantly looks the same.

At least with his Adidas line they made things look different. Loved the Crazy 8, EQT Elevation, KB8 II. The Kobe II, looking at it now, looks ridiculous, but when I was a young kid, I loved them. So unique. 

The Kobe on the other hand. Loved them back then, still love them now. 

Also overall sneakers in the 90s, early 2000s, >>> The ones now. 

Jordan 2's are underrated, one of the best Jumpman's ever.

Penny 1 and 2 > Any other Nike Shoe

Flightposite > Foamposite

Lebrons, Kobe's, KD's are all ugly. Lebron 3's and Zoom Generations are cool though. The 11 is decent, but the rest are trash.

AF1, Pump Clyde, Adidas superstar will NEVER go out of style

Flyknits are amazing, but Nike is sacrificing quality materials for hype and gimmicks and it will end up biting them in the *** once the hype bubble pops.

AF1 duck boots are crack.

AJ 13 is the GOAT sneaker. **** ya'll

man Kobe should have stayed with Adidas.
I guarantee if he did it would look better than the upcoming model.
imagine how futuristic looking they would look today considering the kb1 dropped 13 years ago.
Prolly look similar to the drose with the minimal stripes and sum type of spring blade or energy boost cushioning.
and on top of that if he stayed with adidas and retired who do u think would have designed THAT sneaker.

I like kobe nikes but its alot of gimicks and cws.
top ten 2000...kb8...etc..are incredibly designed sneakers.

imho

Last edited:
This sneaker craze we are in right now is very lame. Just pure corniness. I really feel like most of these lame cats get the newest hottest release to mask the fact of having no individual style. Think about it, how many WDYW threads have you seen trash fits(wrangler jeans or super baggy roc jeans) saved by the newest shoes released?

I hate all if these color ways being flooded in the market. Prime example most of the sneaker designer have no fresh ideas. Just slap limited and a bright color way instant grail status.

Penny 1 and 2 are my favorite sneakers I own period. I grew up on jordans and have over 40 pair, but the penny's design still look fresh IMO.

Lebrons have been trash mostly. 1, 7, 8 were my favorites out of the group. Just my IMO

Durants!.......he should have signed with another company. Durants line is the equivalent to nike take down models compared to kobe and Bron.

Kobe Adidas were better

Jordan 4,11,16,17 were the best designs. 12s and 17 are my favorite for balling.

Reebok basketball peaked and died after the Questions.

Adidas makes great basketball shoes. They look like trash causally though.

Miss the old days of 4 color ways that actually had a purpose. Home, away, all star, playoffs

People been on jordans, the Kanye, Wale, slurpage is out of control.

What happened to wearing kicks that didn't match your whole outfit? ie Martin, Fresh Prince, Dwayne Wayne? Dwayne used to have slacks on with the 4s and it would just work.

The dressing better movement is suspect as hell. I am all for looking nice for the proper events etc, but most of those cats are wearing tailored suits etc to impress other dudes who dress like that. No slurpage but @ksteezy fits look and seem effortless but that's because they match HIS style. People with no fashion sense should stick to the basics. When you try hard, you die hard.

Adidas all white shell toes > af 1

Last edited:
Nike needs to kill the whole 30 color ways of one model gimmick they got going on.

Just like homie above said, the best era was the "home, away, all star, and playoff" cw era

This era of shoes sucks. Cheap plastic shoes with Pokemon/6th grader nicknames, happy meal special boxes and toys, and super limited "you're only cool if you got them" exclusivity. Not to mention the absolute destruction of classic shoes with the retros.

I hate the attention a "cool" shoe gets from random guys. I pretty much rather not wear them to save me a couple awkward conversations.

These along with other reasons is why I haven't bought anything Nike in a while with the exception of running shoes every 4 months

Last edited:
This thread is just a further reminder of me not being a shoe dude. I hardly know any shoes by name, only by color who it's by. I'm just glad to finally have some T-Mac's after all these years, the red, black and white Jordan's from 98 are my favorite J's, and those Gary Payton Glove shoes are the only ones I would probably pay some money for.

Lebron's and KD's are ugly no matter if they're normal solid colors, or multicolored neon fluorescent mess.

Last edited:
Lebron II's cool grey are the greatest Lebron of all time

Kobe line is trash for the most part

Jordan's...smh terrible enough said how y'all continue to buy the same exact shoes over and over is CRAZY to me

S dots>>Yeezys

200 is too much for a pair of shoes, Lebron and nike tripping and the price will only increase

The lifestyle edition of shoes need to be scrapped all together

Nike needs to kill the whole 30 color ways of one model gimmick they got going on.

Just like homie above said, the best era was the "home, away, all star, and playoff" cw era

The only reason this doesn't bother me is that with all of those colorways, it becomes really easy to grab these key colorways and often even get them on sale/from outlets. Just ignore everything else if they don't move you.

Nike is force feeding these 'new' customers with new products until they choke to death. It's sad. And these people are falling for it. These kids are only buying what limited or what's "hot" in terms of hype. That's why I don't buy sneakers anymore. Just 2-3 pairs a year and I'm good from now. I won't include myself in this new generation of buying shoes.

It's downright lame. I'm sorry to those that are offended. This sneaker stuff just isn't where it's at anymore..

Yeezy's are ugly and the ultimate hypebeast shoe

Since the JOrdan XIII i havent bought another pair of Js
Kobe I, V, VI are his best, rest are overrated
Lebron 2, 8, 10 all dope , rest overrated
Do not like any FOAMS

Got sucked back into buying shoes with the kobe 8, but after realizing how much i hate lunar im scaling all the way back and getting rid of all DS pairs

I actually agree with a lot of unpopular opinions here....

- $200 is too much for any shoe, no matter what it is. I did it once, and it didn't feel good at all. 

- More colors =/= a hotter shoe

- The four colorway tradition should be reinstated

@franc   The fact that you COULDN'T see the shoe months beforehand helped you make a better decision when the release came around. The fact that you can see a shoe six months to a year in advance gives you time to get hyped, fall for the gimmick, realize it wasn't worth the hype, and sell the shoe out of disappointment. Back then, when you saw it maybe a few weeks to a month in advance, you made a better decision. When a shoe is hot, you don't need to go through the motions of teetering if it's hot or not, it speaks to you.

Mocha III's always were and always will be trash. I think people who claim those as their grails are frontin' hard for no reason. When they dropped, there was a FSR on the shelf that went untouched. Nobody was trying to see them at all. Truth be told, the black and blue I's from 2001 were the same way. I could have copped each shoe for $30.

- $200 is too much for any shoe, no matter what it is. I did it once, and it didn't feel good at all. 

@franc
  The fact that you COULDN'T see the shoe months beforehand helped you make a better decision when the release came around. The fact that you can see a shoe six months to a year in advance gives you time to get hyped, fall for the gimmick, realize it wasn't worth the hype, and sell the shoe out of disappointment. Back then, when you saw it maybe a few weeks to a month in advance, you made a better decision. When a shoe is hot, you don't need to go through the motions of teetering if it's hot or not, it speaks to you.

Mocha III's always were and always will be trash. I think people who claim those as their grails are frontin' hard for no reason. When they dropped, there was a FSR on the shelf that went untouched. Nobody was trying to see them at all. Truth be told, the black and blue I's from 2001 were the same way. I could have copped each shoe for $30.
THIS

I love the design on all new lebrons but I'm not close to ******ed enough to pay 220 for some bball sneakers. 160 is my limit when it comes to nikes and I can't go over that at all. Hell I always say imma grab some kicks but never do, seems like the adult in me says what's the point

I love the design on all new lebrons but I'm not close to ******ed enough to pay 220 for some bball sneakers. 160 is my limit when it comes to nikes and I can't go over that at all. Hell I always say imma grab some kicks but never do, seems like the adult in me says what's the point
not only that but after i put a ds pair on that has sat in my closet for years or months
the whole mystique is gone
i dont even care about em after that point

Nike is force feeding these 'new' customers with new products until they choke to death. It's sad. And these people are falling for it. These kids are only buying what limited or what's "hot" in terms of hype. That's why I don't buy sneakers anymore. Just 2-3 pairs a year and I'm good from now. I won't include myself in this new generation of buying shoes.

It's downright lame. I'm sorry to those that are offended. This sneaker stuff just isn't where it's at anymore..
Yes!

Call me lame but I refuse to be associated with "sneakerheads" in any way shape or form

lebrons are hideous as are durants  even kobes. 

Most new bball shoes look hideous with jeans. 

jordans are overrated

af1s will always be hot to me. 

foams are ugly as hell. 

I can only speak from my personal expereinces, but:

The only actual pairs of sneakers that sold out instantly or close to instant from 99-2001; were the XI's, or the newest model of Jordan's.

All the 2001 1's sat for weeks, months even. The 3's sat. 4's, 5's, 6's, 9's all sat. I know for sure, I joined this site around the time those models were dropping - and it was during the time sneaker fans were craving the newest Jordan model, (i.e. 15,16,17).

People forget that during those years the first intial retro's were dropping, Nike Basketball had some of the illest shoes dropping, such as Nike Shox BB4, Uptempos, hyperflights, Flightposites, Glove system shoes such as GP's and Kidd's (which were breakthrough styles that we never seen before), Kobe had his adidas kicks drop, and even And 1 made some noise and caught crazy attention because of Stephon and VC.

The interest for older retro models that; at the time - only came out less than 10 years prior - was very limited and scarce. Everybody wanted the newer models because of the new millenium - we wanted the newest kicks with newest technology. Not too many people wanted a pair of 4's that when dropped in 99, was literally 10 years old.

That's the equivilent of the 18's or 19's dropping today - those models still seem very new, all originally released about 10 years ago - so it's not like they're missed by a lot of people.

I remember vividly seeing Laney and Chrome 5's for $49.99. Olive 9's for the low. Mocha 3's as stated, was literally ****** on by everyone in my school. You couldn't pay a kid to wear them.

Last edited:

@franc
  The fact that you COULDN'T see the shoe months beforehand helped you make a better decision when the release came around. The fact that you can see a shoe six months to a year in advance gives you time to get hyped, fall for the gimmick, realize it wasn't worth the hype, and sell the shoe out of disappointment. Back then, when you saw it maybe a few weeks to a month in advance, you made a better decision. When a shoe is hot, you don't need to go through the motions of teetering if it's hot or not, it speaks to you.

i see your point. my point was more directed towards the quality. your grail can be dropping in 6 months but as time progresses, being able to see the quality can help you decide if its even worth a look.

in regards to the hype, i agree with you. too much time in between just gases a release up to the point that people that give no dambs about sneakers are poking there head in to see what the fuss is all about.

Back
Top Bottom