POST YOUR UNPOPULAR SNEAKER OPINIONS

I don't know man :lol:

I just hate how people clean their shoes before or after every where, get pissed when people step on them. It's like they care too much about them. It's just lame, in my opinion I think most people buy shoes and stunt with them to impress other guys. Never met a female who wanted me because of my shoe game..

Aight, I can agree with some of that. But for me at least, I clean all my shoes maybe once a month or so, just sit down and clean them all at once. EXCEPT my Christ the King and Akron LeBron 7s, those get cleaned as soon as something happens to them :lol: and I've had girls come up and compliment my shoes, it's a sweet ice breaker.

I used to clean kicks after every wear. After a while it becomes too much to clean. I still do it though. Takes a couple of hours per current rotation. With me, it's done with a purpose. I clean to preserve them so I will have them longer to avoid raffles and TLO's 
laugh.gif

Your foams are not heat if you copped them post '07, sorry. Quality is considered in this.

That guy that said footscape wovens are underrated, I agree.

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion but, pretty much any AM1 now is meh to me because of the toebox. Like I got them green ones with the suede and tan/champagne color or whatever and they just not as appealing cause of that boxy toebox.
I thought I was the only one!! Smh @ nike

There might be only three Jordan shoe designs that I actually consider good. The rest are pretty much terrible to me.

I haven't bought a pair of basketball shoes since like the Lebron 3s. But the the lebron 7s in black and gold were so goat to me that it almost brought me back. TOOk every fiber of my being to resist dropping 160 on em.

nike-air-max-lebron-7-vii-black-white-gold.jpg

:pimp:

Last edited:
Another thing, Jordan 1s are basically Dunks to me. No way I would put the same effort that I put into a Jordan XI into a Jordan I.

Quickstrike XXs >>>>> large majority of Retro Jordans that have been been released the past few years. I would even say >>>>> most people's "grails."

Last edited:
The Jordan Sig's are works of art.

What Tinker/team (even Peter Moore/team) did with sneakers is amazing...

The fact that tinker didnt use the Nike symbol as a focus point is something that shoe companies have never been able to get down correctly

You might say they dont because it makes no sense to not promote your image, but even high fashion shoes that use "design" have not mastered it like tinker did
Probably because he's considered himself anti corporate

the fact that midsoles/parts of jordans continue to live on through Nike shoes speaks of the great design behind the Jordans

Nike should try to perfect the og molds, make the shoes and put make an official art museum :lol:

In short jordans 1-14 are just sheer stupidity ( in a good way )

Last edited:
AJXV>AJX

Peapod VIIIs are classics

11s are overrated and they were the GOAT at one point, but hype kills

1s are the greatest, then 4s, then whatever i find good

retro + colorways ain't as great after they retroed the XIVs back in 06

spizikes are legit except for a few colorways

dub zeroes are dumb

Last edited:

The fact that tinker didnt use the Nike symbol as a focus point is something that shoe companies have never been able to get down correctly

You might say they dont because it makes no sense to not promote your image, but even high fashion shoes that use "design" have not mastered it like tinker did

the fact that midsoles/parts of jordans continue to live on through Nike shoes speaks of the great design behind the Jordans

Nike should try to perfect the og molds, make the shoes and put make an official art museum :lol:

how is any of this an unpopular opinion?

Got the idea from the Music forum of course.

The Jordan XI is NOT the greatest Jordan shoe ever ...

Adidas has drop some classics for D Rose...

AF1 will always be in style... SMH at the haters
mean.gif

Jordan XVII are very underrated.

The Lebron South Beaches are WACK
sick.gif

how is any of this an unpopular opinion?

people say they're just sneakers

kanye shrug

- 99% of Jordans after 13 don't exist to me. The only pairs I would say I like are the black/blue 18s and red suede 21s and I wouldn't even buy them if I had the money for them.

- Sambas and Spezials are just as good when it comes to a casual footwear choice when compared to pairs like the Air 180, Air Max, etc.

- Having so many pairs that you'll go years without wearing or remembering you had others is bad. Stick with your absolute favorites, sell the rest and enjoy the money you'll get back.

The huarache 2k4 is the greatest basketball shoe ever made

The t-Mac line is a top 3 sig line

Another thing, Jordan 1s are basically Dunks to me. No way I would put the same effort that I put into a Jordan XI into a Jordan I.

Quickstrike XXs >>>>> large majority of Retro Jordans that have been been released the past few years. I would even say >>>>> most people's "grails."

QS 20s are probably the most underrated jays of all time. That all black laser print strap is VICIOUS

QS 20s are probably the most underrated jays of all time. That all black laser print strap is VICIOUS

:smh: at myself for passing up on XXs for $90 on flightclub

While it's a good point about going back to 4 to 5 CW, I actually like the idea of several color options. Take the 12's when they released back in the day and I was in the 8th grade; the shoe was only limited to the Bulls uniforms with the exception of the Obsidians and the same pattern followed with the 13's; which brings up my opinions:

• ALL low cut ORIGINAL J's are super underrated, starting with the 11's Low I.E. in both colors (the best 11's behind the Space Jams and the Columbias); the 13's in that midnight blue and the chutney's, and then the 17 lows in the lightening CW and the black with the snakeskin CW.
  • The $200 dollar price tag on the OG Foams was before it's time which made the $170 - $190 price tag on the Flightposite 1 more attractive.
  • The 2011 Concord release is the reason why things are as bad as they are now. Once we let the media in outside of people getting killed over kicks and introduced it to them as a culture, they took it and ran with it. Now coping kicks is like Black Friday; people who used to do Black Friday with a purpose is now turned off by the media induced fools who come out just to be in the mix. The same is now for kicks.
  • The Area 72 Collection >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Galaxy Collection.

Great thread BTW!!! :smokin
I wish I could rep everyone's comments in here!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom