POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Damn, the Rolex DateJust II is looking real good in these pics.

thank you sir on the price and link. and that rolex is nice. still like the roman numerals more. cant wait for tax season time.

Debating between the PVD or polished steel:

mm105photo4.jpg

mm107photo4.jpg

I picked up mine in brushed steal. If I get a third version I wanna get a pvd version, all blk dials with superlume hands
pimp.gif

BTW why did you decide to go with Militarytime instead of Getat?

Originally Posted by KVN

Well my PRC200 came in. From the pictures the dial looks big, but its not big in person. Thanks for your input RFX.

Hey yancancook90 nice watch. I got 2 PAM hommages on the way, hopefully Friday. a 44mm an a 47mm.

This is a beutiful watch, not to bite but one day I want to purchase the same model.

Alot of heat on this page, the Rolex the blacked out Hublot, jeeezzzz one day I keep telling myself but i'm content with my hammy for now.

Originally Posted by KVN

I picked up mine in brushed steal. If I get a third version I wanna get a pvd version, all blk dials with superlume hands
pimp.gif

BTW why did you decide to go with Militarytime instead of Getat?

I just want something to beat on. It's a $75 watch so I'm not expecting much.

Also, I'm too lazy to build one myself and the MilitaryTime watches are the only ones I can find with a sterile (unbranded) dial.

I think I'm gonna get the polished steel and throw on a Nato strap. If the quality is halfway decent, I'll get a PVD...

Can you post pics of yours?

OIC cool makes sense. Mine should be in hopefully Friday. From all that I read, Getat are built really well and well worth the extra money. Not as good as aJOA (i got a white dial version coming also) or a DSN, but decent. I'll post pix when they come in.

I'm not spending $500 on a JOA. For $500, I expect a solid watch and the JOA is far from it (from what I've read).

I actually went through the Getat website right now and I think I'm going to build one on their website.

44mm Luminor polished steel case
Unsure about the movement
Phantom black sterile dial
White hands

Thanks for putting me onto the website!

Yea i'm getting a used one for $350 which isn't to bad personally. Worst thing is i can get my money back once I get bored with it. Your build is whatI plan on ordering next
glasses.gif
Peep out the board, watchusseek an check outother peoples custom builts. I believe there is a stealth one.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

That's exactly what I'm going for sans the domed crystal.
pimp.gif

wait so from the Getat website, you just tell them which parts you want to use to build a custom watch, then they just build it?

If you see a watch from his site you can just add it to cart an order it. But if you want to make changes (like a different color dial, you want white hands oranything that is not listed, there's an inquiry section on his site, or you can email me ( which is what I did). Because he's in Hong Kong it takesabout a day or 2 to get a response. Then once ordered it takes about 2 weeks total for them to make it, and ship it out.

From the boards, it seems like business is going good for him, so he might be backed by a lot of orders, which is why I ordered 2 at the time.

2 things about this watch. Its an hommage watch which many people would consider fake. But then you got another side stating that they aren't fake becauseits sterile and that they are well built unlike fakes. So theres a big discussion about this watch. Personally I love the classic design, but don't seemyself forking over $3,000+ for this watch at this time. Its a good intro to Paneri watches, and helps people decide if they want to buy the watch down theline.

I wouldn't be surprised if this watch gets picked up by the masses here on nt. The style is dope and affordable

Originally Posted by KVN

If you see a watch from his site you can just add it to cart an order it. But if you want to make changes (like a different color dial, you want white hands or anything that is not listed, there's an inquiry section on his site, or you can email me ( which is what I did). Because he's in Hong Kong it takes about a day or 2 to get a response. Then once ordered it takes about 2 weeks total for them to make it, and ship it out.

From the boards, it seems like business is going good for him, so he might be backed by a lot of orders, which is why I ordered 2 at the time.

2 things about this watch. Its an hommage watch which many people would consider fake. But then you got another side stating that they aren't fake because its sterile and that they are well built unlike fakes. So theres a big discussion about this watch. Personally I love the classic design, but don't see myself forking over $3,000+ for this watch at this time. Its a good intro to Paneri watches, and helps people decide if they want to buy the watch down the line.

I wouldn't be surprised if this watch gets picked up by the masses here on nt. The style is dope and affordable
thanks for that breakdown. i have book marked the getat site. will be doing business with them in the future.

I hate fakes, I refuse to wear fake anything, but I don't really consider these homages to be fake. Do people consider Ruf's to be fake Porsche's?No. People love this style and they have a ton of fun customizing it. I'm about 20 minutes away from placing my order - just waiting to see if Getat has adomed case OR if Jacksontse has a phantom black dial.

I do think, however, that you MUST have a steralized dial (no branding).

radiomirmoondustpolishe.jpg

3519550629_d744508fab.jpg

3520364156_6e1843ba76.jpg

3669614549_1aa6779733.jpgp

3670403478_645a73f657.jpg

Originally Posted by KVN

Well my PRC200 came in. From the pictures the dial looks big, but its not big in person. Thanks for your input RFX.

Hey yancancook90 nice watch. I got 2 PAM hommages on the way, hopefully Friday. a 44mm an a 47mm.

Around how much is a watch like this?

Originally Posted by Vancity74

I hate fakes, I refuse to wear fake anything, but I don't really consider these homages to be fake. Do people consider Ruf's to be fake Porsche's? No. People love this style and they have a ton of fun customizing it. I'm about 20 minutes away from placing my order - just waiting to see if Getat has a domed case OR if Jacksontse has a phantom black dial.

I do think, however, that you MUST have a steralized dial (no branding).

radiomirmoondustpolishe.jpg

3519550629_d744508fab.jpg

3520364156_6e1843ba76.jpg

3669614549_1aa6779733.jpgp

3670403478_645a73f657.jpg

agree with you 100%. and when you are tight on money thats a good way to go. so what is the other site besides getat. and thank Vancity and KVN for thebreakdown.

Yeup no branding! But even that gets tossed into the argument over, "militare marina" Since Panerai doesn't (or rumours saying) they don'thave that copyrighted, making it ok to use on hommage watches.

For communication, for me it took 1-2 days. And when he did respond, i tried to reply quick to make sure i get my questions answered fast so I could place myorder.

For the PRC i got it from http://www.jomashop.com/ thanks to RFX

Aight, I just placed my order:

44m luminor style polished steel case w/ crystal
Black phantom sterile dial
White superlume hands

$108 shipped. Gonna rock it with a red ballistic Nato strap.

Back
Top Bottom