POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Stay away, that Chanel is a fake. The date wheel is suppose to have a black background and white numerals, not the other way around.

DAYTONA 5000, no price yet.

UbUiBeMe, depending on how small your wrist are, a size 36mm-40mm should work well.
It also depends on the case and bezel. I'll look for some suggestions in your price range when I have more time later.
For now, check out Archimedes Pilot M in 39mm.
http://www.archimede-uhren.de/EN/Pilot-M.htm .

314857131.jpg

I've decided when I get a Rolex, I'm going directly to them in Europe. That'd be a story for the future kids (since I'd want to pass it down).

That sounds great LazyJ. Have you decided which Rolex to get? Also, when are you going to Europe? Some new Rolex's wil be revealed in about 10 weeks and there is a chance for a new Submariner with a ceramic bezel like that GMT IIC posted above.

Originally Posted by RFX45

That sounds great LazyJ. Have you decided which Rolex to get? Also, when are you going to Europe? Some new Rolex's wil be revealed in about 10 weeks and there is a chance for a new Submariner with a ceramic bezel like that GMT IIC posted above.
No, I haven't decided.  I'm a little ways off, need my bonus which comes in the summer.  If all goes well by 2011.

SIHH is over, now onto BASEL....
Pre-BASEL:

Tissot Visodate 1957

This Tissot is really nice, 40mm so it is pretty versatile being price at 445 Euros mean it will be less than $1k USD.

visiodate.jpg

Pre-Basel 2010 – Longines Lindbergh’s Atlantic Voyage Watch

long47l.JPG

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Mine is pretty similar to the one's posted above.
ff7354e146d568f9ff0533752cf867c9e8cb419.pjpg
60c25d1482654f4c3632ab9e835ff774ebe1fc2.pjpg

It's called fossil and it is automatic so i don't need battery. One day i'll really get the one's above
smile.gif
i'm keeping my eye on the price (IWC)

Pre-Basel 2010:

Glashutte Original Senator Sixties Panorama Date

gobasel10a.jpg

Glashutte Original Panomatic Lunar XL

gobasel10.jpg

Saint Honore Monceau Magnum

honore2.jpg

All Black Orange Aero bang

310.CI.1190.RX.ABO10a.jpg

Pre-Basel 2010 

Breitling Colt GMT +

coltgmt1.JPG
coltgmt2.JPG

Girard-Perregaux for Ermenegildo Zegna

zegnagp.jpg
zegnagp1.jpg

De Grisogono Instrumento Grande Chrono

granden1.jpg
granden2.jpg

Big Bang King Black Magic

322.CM.1770.RXa.jpg

Pre-BASEL:

Tissot Visodate 1957

This Tissot is really nice, 40mm so it is pretty versatile being price at 445 Euros mean it will be less than $1k USD.

visiodate.jpg

long47l.JPG

wow very very nice.

Pre-BASEL:

Tissot Visodate 1957

visiodate.jpg

long47l.JPG
I LOVE both of those watches. Still not a fan of Hublot though...

When I get my weight down to 200 pounds I'm planning on rewarding myself with a watch that has good bang for the buck.  My price range is roughly $500.

I've been eyeing something simple like a Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic.

Any suggestions?

^ Personally I think that's a great watch for approximately $500. If the Tissot RFX45 posted is in your price range, I'd go for that...

They're a Romain Jerome limited edition. All made with parts salvaged from the actual Titanic.

The rusted steel bezel is the result of the extraordinary fusion between authentic steel from the wreck lying 3,840 metres under the sea, and steel supplied by the Harland & Wolff shipyards in Belfast, where the Titanic was built almost a century ago.
The hands are inspired by the Titanic’s anchor and rotate on a dial of deep black achieved using coal collected from the legendary wreck. The design adopted for the small seconds hand at 9 o’clock evokes the counters used on the steam engine dials.

These watchmaking creations are limited to 2012 pieces.

Some of them are plain and some are rusty like that one - but surface treated to stop further corrosion and to make it smooth. I'm not really into watches but I like the idea of having a bit of history. Super expensive though.

2qlbacn.jpg

2ywai3n.jpg

344bhjm.jpg

68vnnk.jpg

15cy0j4.jpg

25i85c4.jpg

2s66at0.jpg

29nz68w.jpg

35nbnv4.jpg

35nbnv4.jpg

2eauqma.jpg

2lax85h.jpg

33lmf4g.jpg

Originally Posted by AC4Three

^ Personally I think that's a great watch for approximately $500. If the Tissot RFX45 posted is in your price range, I'd go for that...

I'm just curious about what movement is in the Visodate.  The Hamilton has an ETA 2824, the same movement can be found in watches costing 3-4x as much, the same base movement that is in my Tag Heuer Aquaracer, etc.
I came across an interesting Seiko the other day, but it is absolutely gigantic at 47 mm.  I already have a pretty big Seiko (Black Monster).

I love watches with Arabic numerals, which is what really pulled me towards the Hamilton.  When I was a kid my first nice watch was a Swiss Army Lancer, and it had Arabics in a military style just like the Hamilton.

compared to

I don't own a chronograph and I've always been fond of them, but I can't see how one would fit in my budget (I prefer automatics).  

Back
Top Bottom