POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

Originally Posted by chixdigggit

Do you guys have any recommendations for a chronograph watch? I like the Zenith Defy Classic watch, but I don't know much information about the watch. I'm also interested in the JLC Master Compressor watches. Are there any sites where I can get more information or reviews on these watches?

Both watches are great watches. Both companies has their own history and makes their own movements. JLC is in a higher scale than Zenith but you can't go wrong with either one. I would suggest trying both on through because the Zenith Defy Classic is a blunt instrument, that thing is thick and bulky. But that seems like you style because you picked the Master Compressor as the other choice, which isn't exactly the most muted of watches either. You really can't go wrong with either one though.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Are a you a member already? Sorry but I think it is only for those are already a Timezone forum member.
Appreciate the help though. Thanks.

i am a member.

6b526c445fd3a754d2d94adce4b6b172236bdf9c.jpg
Rfx I know you said you wanted that longines, but it was too big for you..I've been eyeing this one for a minute, have you seen it?  It's 40mm instead of the 47.5 of the other one.

Originally Posted by elgrenas

Are a you a member already? Sorry but I think it is only for those are already a Timezone forum member.
Appreciate the help though. Thanks.

i am a member.

That's weird, maybe try this link and log on through it?
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=4953912&rid=0

Originally Posted by icebergslm

Rfx I know you said you wanted that longines, but it was too big for you..I've been eyeing this one for a minute, have you seen it?  It's 40mm instead of the 47.5 of the other one.
Yeah, saw that but it's a bit too busy for me. I particularly liked the other one because of the simple and clean design and the blue hand with the second indicator on the 6-o'clock position.

Plus it was 45% off at AW, but I have my eye on this one.

movadobaby_2092_668856880

or

L2.629.4.78.3.jpg

Then again I might just wait for the Silver Arrow to come out.

316.jpg

That silver arrow is sick, when is that coming out?  I like that cronograph above it too, how much was that?

Not sure when the Silver Arrow is coming out, should be soon though. No word on retail price either.

The chrono retails for $2,300.

Is it better to buy say a Tissot around the $500 range or save longer to get something the likes of a Tag Hueur etc...

Ultimately want to get a Hublot though, sooooo so soo clean all of them are, but that $5-20k tag aint easy lol

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Is it better to buy say a Tissot around the $500 range or save longer to get something the likes of a Tag Hueur etc...

Ultimately want to get a Hublot though, sooooo so soo clean all of them are, but that $5-20k tag aint easy lol

That is a tough call. If you love the Tissot and can save again to get the Tag Heuer, then I say go for it. However, if you are looking at only purchasing one watch, then it is best to just save up for the watch you really want. If you don't, you will have plenty of doubts in the future, maybe every time you look at the Tissot in your wrist.

How are Tourneau, Raymond Weil and Gevril watches? Rue La La is having a sale for them tomorow and they usually have pretty significant discounts.

Finally got my Nixon 51-30. I know its not as high-end as most of the watches in here, but i love it.

I took some pics. Pardon the size.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Finally got my Nixon 51-30. I know its not as high-end as most of the watches in here, but i love it.

I took some pics. Pardon the size.

nice i have the non steel one and get lots of compliments.

can anybody recommend me a casual/sporty look that is about ~$100, i'm on a college student budget...

thanks, i stopped with the gshocks and i currently am rockin this...

the gum was sumtin else

23516_527991360985_206400100_31428157_58231_n.jpg

If anyone is looking for nice cheaper watches Gilt has Skagens on sale for $50 - $100 , i just copped the black titanium one for $65...

If you guys need an invite here

$105

$65

$50

RFX - Thanks for the help. I tried on the Zenith the other day, while I do love the design on the watch, it is rather bulky for my wrist. I did notice the IWC aquatimer. It's less bulky than the Zenith and looks a lot better on me. Do you know of any other watches that resemble the the aquatimer, I want to keep my options open and find a watch that best suits me since it will be awhile until i get to make another extravagant gift for my self again.

Which Aquatimer did you try on? This one or the older generation one?

IWC_Aquatimer_2000m.jpg

When it comes to looks and refinements and the fact that that particular watch had a quick release system so you can change straps/bracelets easily makes it unmatched.

You can try the Rolex SeaDweller, a very hefty watch at 46mm. You can also try the Omega Planet Ocean, another diver style that looks great and comes in 42mm and 45mm respectively.

The new Tag Heuer 500M Aquaracer is real nice and you'd pay half (maybe ven 2-3 times less) of what you would pay for any of those. It is 43mm.

rolex-sea-dweller-deepsea-picture.jpg
movadobaby_2095_44365024

Planet_Ocean_1_1024x768.jpg

If you don't mind a smaller one, you can give one of my favorites a try, the Rolex GMT IIC.

ss-catalog2a.jpg

If your budget is pretty big, try the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, it is a 45mm beauty.

22321.jpg

If you just want watch presence, this Breitling Black Steel should quench your thirst, this thing is a monster.

blingsa002ll0.jpg

For a bit more toned down and elegant, the Cartier Pasha Seatimer is a great choice.

21433.jpg

I really could go on and on so if you have any requirements (chrono, split-minute) or any styles you like in particular (pilot, dress, diver, etc..) let me know and I'll throw out more suggestions. 

I tried on the older generation chrono aquatimer, model number is 371933 i believe. Besides appearance, is there anything that would make the new generation better than the older generation aquatimer. Also, that Blancpain fifty fathoms is gorgeous.

I tried on the older generation chrono aquatimer, model number is 371933 i believe. Besides appearance, is there anything that would make the new generation better than the older generation aquatimer. Also, that Blancpain fifty fathoms is gorgeous.

The new one has excellent lume, might be better than the older gen. The new one also has a quick release for very fast strap changing. The new one also has an moveable outer bezel while the older one has an inner moveable bezel. That is a main function for a diver though so if you are not really planning on diving, just base your decision off the looks because it won't really matter to you.

The new one has excellent lume, might be better than the older gen. The new one also has a quick release for very fast strap changing. The new one also has an moveable outer bezel while the older one has an inner moveable bezel. That is a main function for a diver though so if you are not really planning on diving, just base your decision off the looks because it won't really matter to you.

Uive owned the 3719.  I had the one from Lucky Number Slevin but mine was on rubber.  Lume is much better on the newer Aquatimer's as RFX has already mentioned.  AR is also stronger.  The older one had AR, but don't know if it was double sided.  This is a great watch, but don't look for anything special.  It was rumored that the latest line would have an in-house, but its just a tuned up ETA.

Here is a crappy pic of the 3719.  Can't seem to find the proper ones.

But, I got to find my IWC 3706 and Omega Speedmaster:

All of these are long gone. 

Those could be had used, I see the 3706 go on TZs sale forum plenty of times.

As for the AR, I believe all of IWC's watches has double AR so if I were to venture a guess, I'd say the 3719 has double AR too.

luminox3402_1.jpg

luminox3402_2.jpg

was rockin this a couple years ago, but i gave it to my pops

i loved that +@** though i might just buy it again

Back
Top Bottom