POWERBALL SCANDAL: Vol. Can We Get A Refund Around This *****?

Sir San Diego

formerly brolic scholar
Funny how this is being swept under the rug and the news came out right before Christmas. :nerd: >D

An official who has run the Powerball game since its inception was removed from his post leading the Multi-State Lottery Association after a jackpot-fixing scandal grew, according to a document obtained by The Associated Press. Charles Strutt, the executive director of the Iowa-based association since its founding in 1987, was stripped of his duties in October by the group’s board, which includes directors of lotteries in 37 states and territories. The move came days after prosecutors said that their investigation of jackpot-fixing by the association’s former security director, Eddie Tipton, had expanded. The association, which operates multistate games such as Hot Lotto and Wild Card in addition to Powerball, did not announce its decision, and its website lists Mr. Strutt as executive director. Jeff Anderson, the board’s chairman, said Monday that he could not comment on a “personnel matter.” But in an Oct. 15 email obtained through an open records request, Mr. Anderson told board members that Mr. Strutt had been placed on indefinite leave. Mr. Strutt declined to comment. Investigators have said the evidence so far shows that Mr. Tipton, who has been convicted of fraud, was the only lottery official involved in the scheme.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/24/us/iowa-powerball-director-is-removed-in-scandal.html?_r=0

On Oct. 9, investigators announced they had uncovered new evidence showing Tipton worked with associates to fix jackpots and claim prizes worth millions of dollars in Colorado and Wisconsin. Since then, the case has expanded to include jackpots in Oklahoma and Kansas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ts-nationwide-scandal-grows-article-1.2475227

I'm willing to bet (get it?) that he's been fixing the Powerball for a lonnnnnng time and has BILLIONS stashed somewhere. Maybe all of those "won the lottery and then went broke" stories have another layer to them. :nerd:

Not defending Bill Cosby, but he never stole BILLIONS of dollars from the whole country and that **** is ALL OVER THE NEWS... this, not so much. :smh: I stopped playing lotto regularly a while back when I realized some things, one of those being, I'm already wealthy and the lotto is fueled by greed, but I wasted a lot of money over the years when I was facing desperate times, in hopes that a miracle would happen while being blind to the miracles that were already happening.

Last edited:
Fam, please don't bring Bill Cosby into this. :lol: We all know why he's being paraded in front of the media.

No ones heard of Eddie Tipton, and if the various budgeting offices of the affected states have anything to say about it, no one ever will. This video was VERY eye opening:

I mean

Ppl win the lottery though, know personal stories.

Maybe I need to come back after I'm more awake

I mean

Ppl win the lottery though, know personal stories.

Maybe I need to come back after I'm more awake

True, but this doesn't scream rigged to you? Of course there are legit winners to keep up appearances. Did you watch the video above? That's A LOT of unaccounted for money.

I used to say it was rigged all the time because I never knew anyone that actually won the lotto. Then, some dude in my grandparents neighborhood hit it...

I rarely play anyways. One part of me doesnt want to waste the money and another part of me doesnt want riches just given to me.

I know its rigged because nobody from a big city ever wins. its always some podunk town that you've never heard of. :smh:

Just play the regular lottery, not the powerball. I know so many people that win the 3 or 4 digit monthly. My homie I used to work with was spending like 50 bucks a week at one point but 2 years ago he won 13,000 in a 2 month span. Son made this Lil chick he was smashing cash em in smh she ain't eem know what was gonna happen around tax time smh.

Just play the regular lottery, not the powerball. I know so many people that win the 3 or 4 digit monthly. My homie I used to work with was spending like 50 bucks a week at one point but 2 years ago he won 13,000 in a 2 month span. Son made this Lil chick he was smashing cash em in smh she ain't eem know what was gonna happen around tax time smh.

:rofl: That's cold blooded. How dumb was she?

Last edited:
I know its rigged because nobody from a big city ever wins. its always some podunk town that you've never heard of. :smh:
I swear to God :smh: the winning lottery was purchased in from some landfill town in the middle of nowhere at truck stop at 1am

Last edited:
I just stick to scratchers.

That's not to say I've won anything. I haven't won a gyad damned thing.

Probably in the hole a few grand with all the scratch-offs I've bought over the past 10 years.

**** it.

Back
Top Bottom