Premo Over Dre? Really?

tom jooks

Banned
Seems like a lot of people really dig Premier, as do I, but how can you honestly put him over Dr.Dre? The thing that irks me about Premier is that hehasn't switched his style up at all. He's practically been making the same beat his whole career. Don't get me wrong I got him Top 3 (5?) producers of all time, but how does this man not have the urge to take it to the next level.
On the other hand you got Dr.Dre. Started doing the sampling thing, and introduced a whole new sound to Hip-Hop with the G-Funk era. Then he does it again with2001 and the evolution is drastic. It's easy to see he puts in work and is constantly getting better and doing new things. Possibly bringing a whole newsound to Hip-Hop for the third time.

Yep.

Dre's not top 3 IMO, But this whole list $$%* is getting kinda old. Basically I think Premo is better than Dre

And all his beats sound the same???

Ehhhh....

You mean to tell me 'Mass Appeal', sounds like 'Boom' which also sounds like "Handle ur Bizness' which coincidentally sounds just like'Kick in the Door'

smh.gif
smh.gif

If you say so.

I never said ALL, here ya come again with the pitchforks and muskets. You KNOW I didn't mean all his beats sound the same, just saying he still uses thesame formula. He's scared to step outside the box, it's either flip a sample or chop one up. I would just like to see some progress. Can you imaginepremo f'in with real instruments, shh would be crazy.

Personally I like preme better. but you're right about Dre possibly bringing a new sound to Hip Hop I never thought about that.

All about preference...

If I had to pick two producers who represent an entire sound for each coast it would be Preme for the East Coast and Dre for the West Coast...so it comes downto what you like more. I'm torn between the two since neither are my favorite. Depends on what mood I'm in...

NO and hell NO. I'd love to mellow out over some soulful premier tracks, but that Chronic-bass sound is hard to come by. I'd take Dre drums over DAMNNEAR anyone's.

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

I never said ALL, here ya come again with the pitchforks and muskets. You KNOW I didn't mean all his beats sound the same, just saying he still uses the same formula. He's scared to step outside the box, it's either flip a sample or chop one up. I would just like to see some progress. Can you imagine premo f'in with real instruments, shh would be crazy.
You're right, you never said that. But that's what I thought you were getting at.

Only thing about Dre is...

He's always had the talk about how much other producers help him.

Daz and Warren G on the Chronic, Storch and Mike on 2001.

That just doesn't sit right w/ me.

Premo never had those types of accusations. Only person I hear associated w/ Preme is Eddie Sancho.

And maybe he doesn't go the Kanye route and try to do some outlandish stuff...Because he knows his strengths and weaknesses. He knows what he's good ator has an ear for. But he has ventured out. I mean, didn't he do mad songs w/ Christina Aguilera of all people?

But at the end of the day, I enjoy Premo's beats more than I do Dre's.

I think that Preme's sound have evolved. And his infulence is felt throughout Hip Hop.

I'm kinda biased tho. I mean, M.O.P is my favorite duo of all time...so....Yeah
pimp.gif

Premier over Dre easy. But it could be because i grew up to Premier cuz of my older brothers. Regardless i feel that Premier's overall catalogue is crazierthan Dre's. they're both legends in their own lane but i just got that east coast feel cut into me.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

NO and hell NO. I'd love to mellow out over some soulful premier tracks, but that Chronic-bass sound is hard to come by. I'd take Dre drums over DAMN NEAR anyone's.

i feel you...i'm opposite. i prefer to chill out to some soulful premier. Premo's the greatest imo.

Its all about what you like i appreciate both . But then it will come back to what tracks did Dre actually produce its well known that he will book up studiosfor guys to make him beats .

primo is the best.
his beats don't sound the same.. "follow instructions" - mop sounds nothing like "7 days remix" - craig david & mos def
and you can't forget his scratched-in choruses.. timeless

To me, a duo is two people who have equal parts in somethings creation. Premo had the beat half, Guru had the rhyme half. Seems like a duo to me.

I understand what you're saying, but I just don't see it that way. Premo produces every beat on their albums, and Guru rhymes onevery one of their tracks. Its not a typical producer/rapper combo. They are a group, and because there are two of them, I call them a duo.

"N.Y. State of Mind" is my favorite beat of all time so of course I think Premier is the best.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by Iceman617

Premier over Dre easy. But it could be because i grew up to Premier cuz of my older brothers. Regardless i feel that Premier's overall catalogue is crazier than Dre's. they're both legends in their own lane but i just got that east coast feel cut into me.

co-sign

Back
Top Bottom