It's a prequel to the first Alien movie directed by the exact same guy though
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Comic Books.

Sequels.

Remakes.

Hollywood
30t6p3b.gif
It's Ridley Scott, who did Alien, one of the best movies of all time. He's not going to screw this up. Hell, this trailer is very much like the Alien trailer.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Comic Books.

Sequels.

Remakes.

Hollywood
30t6p3b.gif
It's Ridley Scott, who did Alien, one of the best movies of all time. He's not going to screw this up. Hell, this trailer is very much like the Alien trailer.
yup

Liked Aliens better than Alien, but I'm a fan of Scott.
Whether or not it's a true "prequel" it still looks good.

Will watch.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Comic Books.

Sequels.

Remakes.

Hollywood
30t6p3b.gif
It's Ridley Scott, who did Alien Blade Runner, one of the best movies of all time. He's not going to screw this up. Hell, this trailer is very much like the Alien trailer.
Fixed.

Now looking at another suspense movie that takes place far into the future, the question needs to be asked...
From the trailer, we can deduce that the people of that time has clearly mastered and invented:
space travel
ultra-light spacesuits
holographic displays

Why, then, do they still rely on flashlights when exploring dark, alien-infested caves?
We have pretty advanced night-vision now, so why don't they have even more advanced night-vision displays in their helmets?
We all know flashlights are extremely unreliable as they flicker on and off at the inopportune time of alien attack, and they also signal where you're at at all times.

ಠ_ಠ
C'mon future peoples.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Liked Aliens better than Alien, but I'm a fan of Scott.
Whether or not it's a true "prequel" it still looks good.

Will watch.

Me too. Aliens was one of the best sequals ever.

Glad Ridley Scott is going back to alien stuff. Kind of got bored of his genre movies.

I want to know the backstory of that one frozen alien on that gun thingy in the original.

Will watch this though.

Hopefully it's better than that horrible The Thing prequel garbage of 2011. Had the 1982 special effects looking more real and creepier.

I agree that Aliens was a great sequel (probably one of the best sequels of all time), but it was an action movie and the effects don't entirely hold up. Alien holds up to this day because there weren't really any dated special effects used. It's close, but Alien gets the nod.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Now looking at another suspense movie that takes place far into the future, the question needs to be asked...
From the trailer, we can deduce that the people of that time has clearly mastered and invented:
space travel
ultra-light spacesuits
holographic displays

Why, then, do they still rely on flashlights when exploring dark, alien-infested caves?
We have pretty advanced night-vision now, so why don't they have even more advanced night-vision displays in their helmets?
We all know flashlights are extremely unreliable as they flicker on and off at the inopportune time of alien attack, and they also signal where you're at at all times.

ಠ_ಠ
C'mon future peoples.

^ The movie looks ok. You bring up some very logical points though. But, it's a movie, details schmetails
laugh.gif

Can't wait.

Scott said that there is a connection between this an Alien not necessarily a prequel tho

I'm a big fan of Ridley Scott he has directed some of my favorite movies: Blade Runner, Alien, Gladiator, American Gangster. This is his first Sci-Fi movie since Alien. Dude is a beast. I'm glad I can finally see the story behind the "Space Jockeys". I'm somewhat of a Alien fan, I have even bought the novels.

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Mala'kak

Ymxaz.jpg

This pic (From trailer) could be the first pic of the Space Jockey.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Can't wait.

Scott said that there is a connection between this an Alien not necessarily a prequel tho

I saw the ship from Alien in the Prometheus trailer. Movie looks too epic
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

space travel
ultra-light spacesuits
holographic displays

ಠ_ಠ
C'mon future peoples.
I always ask these questions in movies based on the future. I was watching that movie In Time with JT. They mean to tell me they invented a way for humans to live forever but people are still driving around in hoopties?

Hold up.... all of you saying that Aliens was the best sequel obviously forgot about Terminator 2. Judgement Day was one of the best movies ever let alone sequel. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I am looking forward to this... Will/would pay money to sit in a theatre for this one, looks like.

In the trailer there is a quick scene where one of the astronauts is walking among the egg pods but the pods most definitely appear man-made, geometrically shaped... spooky...

Good diverse cast, I just hope Idris Elba doesn't buy the farm early in the movie (Hollywood stereotype)

I loved/love Aliens - I really wish Michael Biehn's career would have taken off - "Marines! We are leaving!!!" Still feel bad every time Frost gets torched by friendly flamethrower...

It ranks up there with Predator, Die Hard, True Lies, The Terminator, etc. as one of those movies that no matter what you are doing you stop & watch it in its entirety on TV no matter how many times you have watched it before

Back
Top Bottom