PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

TROPHIES?!?!?!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Copping 2. One to rock, one to stock.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the Kmart deal , dude tried to get live then I hit em with the add and it was all good...Good looking out again

Price point has been told to us at $300-$400

I've seen RAGE running on this thing so in terms of processing power there's no limit for any game you've seen on the market.

The interesting question is would you be willing to pay a price point of $80 for a game if it came with a PS3 disc and a NGP cartridge?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I've seen RAGE running on this thing so in terms of processing power there's no limit for any game you've seen on the market.

The interesting question is would you be willing to pay a price point of $80 for a game if it came with a PS3 disc and a NGP cartridge?

That would be interesting, would the progress that I've made in the game be registering back and forth between the 2 seamlessly? I mean there would be a few questions that would need to be answered regarding this whole idea.  But I'd say that if it was implemented the right way I wouldn't have the slightest problem with this.

definite yes if the 2 work together (ex. 2k11: start My player on console, then transfer data to NGP, and continue on there)

Originally Posted by Biggie62

That would be interesting, would the progress that I've made in the game be registering back and forth between the 2 seamlessly? I mean there would be a few questions that would need to be answered regarding this whole idea.  But I'd say that if it was implemented the right way I wouldn't have the slightest problem with this.
I'm unsure if the Sony engineers have developed a system for this but it has been suggested. I was asked in a survey if I would pay $100 for a PS3 NGP "combo-pack" I told them my limit would be 80. But that's just me...

I'm unsure if the Sony engineers have developed a system for this but it has been suggested. I was asked in a survey if I would pay $100 for a PS3 NGP "combo-pack" I told them my limit would be 80. But that's just me...
Sony could pull that easily with huge games like uncharted/killzone/mgs/gt, without a doubt. Hopefully though, third party's will cap it at the 80 mark. I could see it going both ways.

Any insight into the actual machine though? Have you used it/how do you like it?

I think its sick but part of me wonders if I'd really use it all that much outside of the house.

Man, being able to go back and forth from console to handheld would be amazing.

2 hour commute once a week would become alot better.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Sony could pull that easily with huge games like uncharted/killzone/mgs/gt, without a doubt. Hopefully though, third party's will cap it at the 80 mark. I could see it going both ways.

Any insight into the actual machine though? Have you used it/how do you like it?

I think its sick but part of me wonders if I'd really use it all that much outside of the house.
I have used it and I enjoy it very much. We don't have the exact same build as the one presented to the public. We were told the device would have 3/4g but the model we have does not have the capability. The OS we have is also different. Much more stripped down but since it's for development purposes.

I haven't seen it mentioned but we have a version with actual tactile feedback built into the device. So sort of a touch feedback rumble system on the back. I have yet to see if they spoke out that to the public. Without getting myself into trouble I would assume this feature WILL NOT be in the final version for various reasons.

Here at our studio we've been able to use the touchpad on the back to do lots of things. One interesting application we've deved is the use of macro based commands that can be mapped to the touchpad. There are a lot of uses that don't make it feel like a gimmick but you can bet you will see applications used as a gimmick.

The front of the device is made out of a product that is an animal name  (I don't want to specifically disclose the companies name because I don't know their involvement with the product or what their total future involvement will be). If anyone is familiar with the protective type of material you will be impressed. However, I have my own concerns about the durability of the touchpad on the back.

The nubs on the front feel great and the Dpad is awesome.
-------------
In clarifying what I said earlier about RAGE running on the system I want to point out that obviously the resolution was tuned down. It's not running at 1080P and Ultra level settings.

In clarifying about the back and forth with disc vs. cartridge I would assume that yes it is possible but there's certainly a long way to go to down port a 40 gig game onto a cartridge that provides a similar experience. I would not expect that kind of capability at launch but something they/we/I am looking forward to in the future.

Good looks on the info.... and 
eek.gif
smokin.gif
that theyre using that kind of glass for the face, they definitely dont seem to be cutting any corners.

If the launch lineup is strong enough I will be very tempted.

Day 1 buy for me.

I'm guessing the 3g version will have B-spec compatibility for GT5.

What a beast.

Back
Top Bottom