PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

DS2 is a good game. Took me 3 days to pass, but that was with playing it for 7-9 hours each day. Going back through a second time to get all the good weapons upgraded to the max, and searching for anything I missed.

Just picked up LBP2 & DS2 w/the Kmart deal..thanks again for heads up.

Some news courtesy of ps3trophies.org

Keep Hold Of Your Final Fantasy XIII Save For FF XIII-2

Written Friday, January 28, 2011 by Richard Walker

In an interview posted on Famitsu.com, Final Fantasy figureheads, Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama talk Final Fantasy XIII-2, dropping a few fresh details on the forthcoming Final Fantasy XIII follow-up.

First of all, the decision to make a direct sequel was due to a worldwide demand and the development team's desire to build further upon the central character of Lightning. What happened to her at the end of Final Fantasy XIII will be made clear in FF XIII-2, with a proper conclusion. Check out the promotional Lightning image at the bottom of the page for a cryptic story teaser.

There will also be new characters joining Lightning in her quest, but to say anything further regarding returning characters would be too spoilerific for those yet to finish Final Fantasy XIII. Additionally, the story will deal with a change that happens to Lightning regarding her abilities and apparently the ornate white, crystal-adorned chair shown in the trailer (pictured) will hold some significance.

What's more, there'll be no silly singing and dancing a la Yuna, Rikku and her posse in Final Fantasy X-2, as the game will adopt a much more serious tone as Lightning embarks upon a dark journey.

Finally, the development team is looking at the possibility of giving Final Fantasy XIII players something special, so it's strongly recommended that you hold on to your old FF XIII game saves. Got that? Good.

[Via Andriasang]

med_23103_RGB_1280x720.jpg

2376image%20CG_Lightning%20EN%20copy%20copy.jpg

L.A. Noire: Meet Coroner Carruthers

With the official site for Rockstar and Team Bondi's LA Noire now live, the first of what is promised to be many character dossiers has surfaced, introducing a new character in Coroner Malcolm Carruthers. As acting coroner at the LAPD for the last 25 years, Carruthers is an invaluable member of the team, providing crucial information towards solving a case.

Described on his dossier as "sharp, investigative and logical", you'll require Carruthers' help on a regular basis, as he'll help analyse vital clues and articles of evidence that could prove vital in enabling you to make an arrest to bring in an important suspect. And if you don't have the relevant evidence to hand, then you won't have much of a case otherwise. That's where Coroner Carruthers comes in.

You'll find Coroner Carruthers on the crime scenes when LA Noire ships on May 17th in North America and May 20th in Europe. Check out five screens featuring Coroner Carruthers in the gallery and why not read our preview again too?

med_98.jpg

med_100.jpg

med_99.jpg

med_97.jpg

med_101.jpg

New NGP (PSP2) Tidbits 

SCEE Boss Andrew House

"I can't put a ballpark on it in terms of figures, but what I would say is that we will shoot for an affordable price that's appropriate for the handheld gaming space,"

SCE WWS Boss Shuhei Yoshida
So none of this, then. Unless it’s actually higher than that. In which case, as you were.

SCE WWS boss Shuhei Yoshida has said it’ll avoid a repeat of its E3 2006 press conference by not pricing its next-gen PSP successor, codenamed NGP, $599.

“It’s not going to be $599,

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

In an interview posted on Famitsu.com, Final Fantasy figureheads, Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama talk Final Fantasy XIII-2, dropping a few fresh details on the forthcoming Final Fantasy XIII follow-up.

First of all, the decision to make a direct sequel was due to a worldwide demand and the development team's desire to build further upon the central character of Lightning. What happened to her at the end of Final Fantasy XIII will be made clear in FF XIII-2, with a proper conclusion. Check out the promotional Lightning image at the bottom of the page for a cryptic story teaser.

There will also be new characters joining Lightning in her quest, but to say anything further regarding returning characters would be too spoilerific for those yet to finish Final Fantasy XIII. Additionally, the story will deal with a change that happens to Lightning regarding her abilities and apparently the ornate white, crystal-adorned chair shown in the trailer (pictured) will hold some significance.

What's more, there'll be no silly singing and dancing a la Yuna, Rikku and her posse in Final Fantasy X-2, as the game will adopt a much more serious tone as Lightning embarks upon a dark journey.

Finally, the development team is looking at the possibility of giving Final Fantasy XIII players something special, so it's strongly recommended that you hold on to your old FF XIII game saves. Got that? Good.

[Via Andriasang]

med_23103_RGB_1280x720.jpg

2376image%20CG_Lightning%20EN%20copy%20copy.jpg

Have mine still. 1 trophy away from the Plat.... 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

[Via Andriasang]

Have mine still. 1 trophy away from the Plat.... 
tired.gif

Let me guess. Treasure Hunter Trophy?

That thing is a problem. My last trophy as well.

^
Yes! 
laugh.gif

It took me around 80-100 hours to get all the other trophies. A couple were difficult (5 starring every sidequest). Treasure Hunter is beyond what any trophy should entail.

It would honestly take me another 40-60 hours JUST to get this trophy. It is doable, but farming Gil for 40 hours is absolutely ridiculous. 
indifferent.gif
 I think i will eventually do it... but I just can't motivate myself to go through what is sure to be the most boring video game related task in history.

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/29/report-ps3-getting-cloud-saving-in-firmware-update-3-60/[/h2]
[h2]Report: PS3 getting cloud saving in firmware update 3.60[/h2]
500x_cloud.jpg

Kotaku has learned that earlier today, Sony informed developers of a new feature for the PlayStation 3: the ability to save games in the "cloud".
Cloud storage means that, rather than just keeping your save game data on your PlayStation 3's hard drive, users will be given the option to upload their saves remotely to a server. The advantage of this is that not only does it save the user space on their hard drive, but since it's tied to a PlayStation Network account, it can be pulled down to different consoles whenever and wherever the user desires.

First rumoured all the way back in 2009, there is of course a catch: it'll only be made available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, not the great unwashed. Actually, there are two catches: Sony bundled the announcement with the clause that, because saving games to the cloud "will allow save data with the copy prohibited attribute to be copied into the online storage", developers are able to opt out and bar their games from using it should there be a concern.

Sony will call the process "Online Saving", and it'll be made available as part of the PS3's upcoming 3.60 firmware update. We've contacted the company for further information, and will update if we hear back.

Source:

http://kotaku.com/5746393...ur-ps3-games-in-thin-air

Originally Posted by MR J 858

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/29/report-ps3-getting-cloud-saving-in-firmware-update-3-60/[/h2]
[h2]Report: PS3 getting cloud saving in firmware update 3.60[/h2]
500x_cloud.jpg

Kotaku has learned that earlier today, Sony informed developers of a new feature for the PlayStation 3: the ability to save games in the "cloud".
Cloud storage means that, rather than just keeping your save game data on your PlayStation 3's hard drive, users will be given the option to upload their saves remotely to a server. The advantage of this is that not only does it save the user space on their hard drive, but since it's tied to a PlayStation Network account, it can be pulled down to different consoles whenever and wherever the user desires.

First rumoured all the way back in 2009, there is of course a catch: it'll only be made available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, not the great unwashed. Actually, there are two catches: Sony bundled the announcement with the clause that, because saving games to the cloud "will allow save data with the copy prohibited attribute to be copied into the online storage", developers are able to opt out and bar their games from using it should there be a concern.

Sony will call the process "Online Saving", and it'll be made available as part of the PS3's upcoming 3.60 firmware update. We've contacted the company for further information, and will update if we hear back.
Source:

http://kotaku.com/5746393...ur-ps3-games-in-thin-air

Only a few of us on NT (that I'm aware of) that will be able to use cloud saving.

I meant coop online. Need more coops like re5. Was hoping kz3 would have online coop. Don't see why they can split screen it but not coop it online. There's a couple good games on psn for coop play but there too short. Anyone wanna recommend any good coop psn titles? Aside from dead nation, Lara croft , tmnt , xmen?

Uncharted 2 had online coop right? I never bothered with online I got it strictly for the story then traded it off.

Back
Top Bottom