PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

hot-icon.png

[h2]Hirai: No NGP pricing, battery life details as console still in prototype phase[/h2]
January 31st, 2011 @ 14:30
By Johnny Cullen

ngp2.jpg

SCEI boss Kaz Hirai has said that announcements on pricing andbattery life for NGP – PSP’s next-gen successor in everything bar name– will not be made yet due to the device still being in a prototypephase.

He told Impress Watch, however, that the company’s currently aiming at targets which should please consumers either way.

No pricing details were confirmed for the handheld at its unveil last week in Tokyo, although a report claimed that battery life would be somewhere in the region of 4-5 hours.

Hirai said over the weekend that Sony was in talks about bringing digital versions of games previously released on PSP over to NGP.

NGP will release this year in Japan.

[h2]Sony “still dedicated[/h2]

Originally Posted by Capo617

Uncharted 2 had online coop right? I never bothered with online I got it strictly for the story then traded it off.

I did the same but I could never get online I had that bug they patched months later
pimp.gif
just copped gt5 for 25$ from blockbuster closing had finger prints but I made it look new

SOCOM4 anyone? games looking like its gonna  steal some shine away from KZ3 MP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
....alot of good review from people that was invited to the private beta testing....

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

confrontation was a let down, not sure if want.

Confrontation wasn't made by Zipper ....can't wait, bring back classic mode (1 life no spawn) making stuff more intense
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm pumped for SOCOM after seeing that b roll footage. Has that classic SOCOM feel to it.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Uncharted 2 had online coop right? I never bothered with online I got it strictly for the story then traded it off.

I did the same but I could never get online I had that bug they patched months later
pimp.gif
just copped gt5 for 25$ from blockbuster closing had finger prints but I made it look new
$25 aint bad at all
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Wish I checked out the Blockbuster that was closing here I didnt even think of the deals they'd have.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

pimp.gif
$25 aint bad at all
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Wish I checked out the Blockbuster that was closing here I didnt even think of the deals they'd have.
yeah they have like 40 games left, the deals are 30% off games that come with case and booklet, 50% off games that just come in blockbuster box, i copped black ops for xbox and gt5 for 55$ 

sick.gif
 @ the 600 mb patch for gt5 

Via Twitter.com

Jaffe’s Tweet On The NGP is Rated X
feature-Jaffe-.png

David Jaffe, the father of both Twisted Metal and God of War, is well known for hilarious quotes regarding the gaming industry. Many have been waiting to see what he has to say on the recently announced Next Gen Portable, also known as the NGP.

Shortly after the NGP was announced Jaffe had this to say on his Twitter:

New hardware is like new %%**%. It’s exciting at first but after you’ve experienced enough fresh vagina over the years- while there’s still always a bit of excitement when something new comes along- you learn that sooner than later, the new and exciting becomes the standard and dependable and so it’s best to just stay focused and greatful on what you’ve got at the moment and if you need to make a change, it’ll just happen organically.

He then stated this about his original tweet:

It was not anti NGP at all. I’m just saying we are grateful Sony is letting us make games for the PS3 and if NGP is in our future, that will rock but it’s not something I’m thinking about cause I’m so focused, happy, and greatful 4 the hardware we’re currently using.

Via pcworld.com
3D was Considered for the NGP
NGP-Next-Generation-Portable-Sony-feature.jpg

Announced on Thursday, the NGP comes packed some pretty impressive specs, but the device is missing one thing – the addition of any kind of 3D functionality. With the 3DS on the horizon, some gamers may be wondering why this feature was missing, especially given Sony’s support for 3D with TVs, cameras, movies and the PS3. Looking to clear this up, Sony explained why the decision was made to not include 3D.

In a recent interview with PC World, SCEI head, Kaz Hirai, had this to say about 3D for the NGP:

We looked at the possibility of doing 3D on the NGP.

He then went on to add that they ultimately decided against 3D, after they had some discussions with software makers. He also had one final word on 3D.

We decided to forgo 3D, at least for the time being.

So it does look like Sony is still exploring the possibility of 3D coming to future handhelds, perhaps the PSP3.

Via playstationlifestyle.net

Portal 2 Updated More Frequently on PS3
feature-Portal-2.jpg

Valve announced at E3 that the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 would be the superior version of the game, but it’s only recently that we’ve begun to find out exactly why. Not only will there be cross platform play, custom level creation, and a free steam copy included with every purchase of the PS3 version, but it will also be updated more often than the 360 version.

Via playstationlifestyle.net

Capcom working on two new IPs for 2011
feature-CapcomLogo.jpg

Capcom, best known for well-established franchises like Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Mega Man, is typically content with releasing sequels to their existing properties. But it sounds like the developer is ready to really branch out this year, with some new IPs being planned.

Via vg247.com

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Shrugs Off 2011
feature-FFXIII-Versus-car.jpg

Since its announcement, Final Fantasy Versus XIII has hidden in the shadows with vague details and short trailers. While Square Enix did finally reveal a proper gameplay trailer, and are starting to provide more information on the game, don’t get your hopes up for a 2011 release.

Speaking to Japanese magazine Dengeki, director Tetsuya Nomura commented on a release window by saying it might be best to forget about Versus in 2011 with Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 all due this year. He added that his team is trying to do big new incredible things, and it’ll take time to make the ideas a reality.

It looks like the next big update will be E3. Back to waiting…

Well, nothing else to live for... 
939256297.gif

PSN Tuesday 02-01-11[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

THIS WEEK:[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
United States/Canada[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

[color= rgb(0, 204, 204)]Games:[/color][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via gametrailers.com

Brand New Twisted Metal Footage!

The video keeps cutting off, check it out here, http://www.gametrailers.com/video/david-jaffe-gt-tv-extended/709935

I posted it on the last page. But yeah the stream got stuck on the 10 minutes mark. So I just downloaded the video and finished watching it.

Isn't it great to see a developer put in serious work, take pride in their product and actually show excitement.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via vg247.com

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Shrugs Off 2011
feature-FFXIII-Versus-car.jpg

Since its announcement, Final Fantasy Versus XIII has hidden in the shadows with vague details and short trailers. While Square Enix did finally reveal a proper gameplay trailer, and are starting to provide more information on the game, don’t get your hopes up for a 2011 release.

Speaking to Japanese magazine Dengeki, director Tetsuya Nomura commented on a release window by saying it might be best to forget about Versus in 2011 with Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 all due this year. He added that his team is trying to do big new incredible things, and it’ll take time to make the ideas a reality.

It looks like the next big update will be E3. Back to waiting…

Well, nothing else to live for... 
939256297.gif

mad.gif
 Man come on

Story by Stephany Nunneley

Tue, Feb 01, 2011 | 14:10 GMT
[h1]Report – I Am Alive to be released digitally in 2011[/h1]
Variousoutlets are reporting that Ubisoft Shanghai’s I Am Alive will beoffered as a digital download title on Xbox Live and PlayStationNetwork later this year.

i-am-alive.jpg

The news comes via French website JeuxVideo, which has a video posted of Assassin’s Creed producer Jade Raymond announcing the digital format and release window.

However, Ubisoft has told Eurogamer it has “not recently announcedanything for I Am Alive,

Back
Top Bottom