PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Famitsu reveals brand new info on Dark Souls (Demon's Souls spiritual sequel)#1

There's a preview on the game in this week's Famitsu. The official title is now Dark Souls. Some info from the preview:

- This is the official title of what was previously Project Dark

- This time they want to increase the amount of field exploration in the game.
- All fields are seamless, so whatever you can see, you can reach andexplore. If you see a fortress or castle walls in the distance, you caneventually get there.
- There will be no map display in the game, just a position display marker.

- They aim to make the game just as challenging than Demon's Souls, butalso just as rewarding when you succeed. The sense of achievement isimportant.

- The gameplay will be similar to Demon's Souls in concept, where it'sabout trial and error and learning from your mistakes to play better.

- The game does not share the same world and story as Demon's Souls.
- The game will not use the same format as Demon's Souls in terms of having 5 worlds connected via a hub.

- Instead all maps in the game will be linked seamlessly in a connectedworld. The pace of the game will feel more about exploration anddiscovering locations, which you can then go inside into a dungeon orwhatever and explore the interior further.
- There will be more complex level designs in the game using more vertical design in areas and such.

- The world setting is based on medieval dark fantasy, and will containthemes like "high fantasy of kings and knights", "death and the depthsof the earth", and "the flames of chaos".

Edit: More details added.

- The character creation process will not be class based.
- The play style of the player character will have much more freedom this time.
- There will be many more spells and items, and the animation and uniqueness of weapons will also be increased.

- The online elements are very similar to Demon's Souls. There is cooperative and PvP.
- You can still leave messages, and see players who died at various places.
- There will be no Soul Tendency this time because they don't want to have to use dedicated servers to handle that *@%$ again.
- Instead this time there will be more features allowing players toengage in "mutual role playing" which they say are still under wraps.They'll reveal more when it's time.

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

Famitsu reveals brand new info on Dark Souls (Demon's Souls spiritual sequel)#1

There's a preview on the game in this week's Famitsu. The official title is now Dark Souls. Some info from the preview:

- This is the official title of what was previously Project Dark

- This time they want to increase the amount of field exploration in the game.
- All fields are seamless, so whatever you can see, you can reach andexplore. If you see a fortress or castle walls in the distance, you caneventually get there.
- There will be no map display in the game, just a position display marker.

- They aim to make the game just as challenging than Demon's Souls, butalso just as rewarding when you succeed. The sense of achievement isimportant.

- The gameplay will be similar to Demon's Souls in concept, where it'sabout trial and error and learning from your mistakes to play better.

- The game does not share the same world and story as Demon's Souls.
- The game will not use the same format as Demon's Souls in terms of having 5 worlds connected via a hub.

- Instead all maps in the game will be linked seamlessly in a connectedworld. The pace of the game will feel more about exploration anddiscovering locations, which you can then go inside into a dungeon orwhatever and explore the interior further.
- There will be more complex level designs in the game using more vertical design in areas and such.

- The world setting is based on medieval dark fantasy, and will containthemes like "high fantasy of kings and knights", "death and the depthsof the earth", and "the flames of chaos".

Edit: More details added.

- The character creation process will not be class based.
- The play style of the player character will have much more freedom this time.
- There will be many more spells and items, and the animation and uniqueness of weapons will also be increased.

- The online elements are very similar to Demon's Souls. There is cooperative and PvP.
- You can still leave messages, and see players who died at various places.
- There will be no Soul Tendency this time because they don't want to have to use dedicated servers to handle that *@%$ again.
- Instead this time there will be more features allowing players toengage in "mutual role playing" which they say are still under wraps.They'll reveal more when it's time.
YES!
And can it be confirmed we'll see FFXV released before FFvsXIII gets a release date?

[h1]Demon's Souls successor now called 'Dark Souls' [update][/h1]
by JC Fletcher   on Feb 1st 2011 9:45AM

http://www.blogsmithmedia...media/comment-tail.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; position: absolute; text-align: center; top: 0px; right: 0px; line-height: 23px; background-position: 50% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">56

Project Dark, the multiplatform RPG from the Demon's Souls team revealed at last year's Tokyo Game Show, has received a new name: Dark Souls. The latest Famitsu magazine provided new details about the RPG, which Siliconera translated and summarized.

From Software is planning to make Dark Souls as difficult as its predecessor, and similar in style. Players still create their own characters, though there are no longer different job classes. There are tweaks to the world design, as well: the world is no longer divided into levels, instead being one large area. 

Other players will be able to inhabit that world in some way, in both cooperative and competitive play. According to Siliconera, you'll be able to feel the "gentle presence" of other players through interactions like notes left for other players at the place of death.

Update: 1UP notes that Dark Souls will be published not only in North America, but also in Europe by Namco Bandai Games.
http://

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via vg247.com

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Shrugs Off 2011
feature-FFXIII-Versus-car.jpg

Since its announcement, Final Fantasy Versus XIII has hidden in the shadows with vague details and short trailers. While Square Enix did finally reveal a proper gameplay trailer, and are starting to provide more information on the game, don’t get your hopes up for a 2011 release.

Speaking to Japanese magazine Dengeki, director Tetsuya Nomura commented on a release window by saying it might be best to forget about Versus in 2011 with Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Type-0, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 all due this year. He added that his team is trying to do big new incredible things, and it’ll take time to make the ideas a reality.

It looks like the next big update will be E3. Back to waiting…

Well, nothing else to live for... 
939256297.gif
mad.gif
 Man come on

276850_o.gif

Seriously, though, who is surprised by this? Even remotely? 
laugh.gif

And can it be confirmed we'll see FFXV released before FFvsXIII gets a release date?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What makes you think FFXV will come out any faster? [/font]
laugh.gif

Hey

First- dont sleep on costume quest, great game for only 7.49

Second- Canadians Ebgames is selling Uncharted 2 game of the year edition for 19.99 today

and finally- how do u get sony to refund you money? i bought a game of the PSN and it wont work, i tried to install it 3 times and each time it does not appear

Hey

First- dont sleep on costume quest, great game for only 7.49

Second- Canadians Ebgames is selling Uncharted 2 game of the year edition for 19.99 today

and finally- how do u get sony to refund you money? i bought a game of the PSN and it wont work, i tried to install it 3 times and each time it does not appear

KZ3 beta got delayed until tomorrow.  I think thats better because I get to play over the weekend.

BlkOps has a double XP this weekend too.  I don't plan to prestige tho it's just too much trouble.

btw, if anyone selling any cheap older games please PM and we can make an agreement on NT.  5-15 range would be nice.

damn i gotta play demon souls, mass effect 2, play gran turismo 5, black ops for ps3 and xbox, beat sonic 4 and finish dead nation...and marvel vs capcom 3 and killzone coming out smh

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

dark souls
pimp.gif
I played Demon's Souls religiously when it first came out. I still pop it in from time to time. I cant wait to play this one too.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

More reasons to play the Killzone 3 beta which goes on PSN tomorrow at 10AM PST. Sony is giving away 60 Limited Edition Helghast Edition. These are limited to a 1000 and can't be bought in the store:

5409135684_0aab410f16.jpg

The Limited Helghast Edition contains all the same elements as the retail version of the Helghast Edition, but features a Helghast Helmet replica with illuminated LED eyes, simulating Helghasts’ glowing mask. What makes this truly “Limited

Originally Posted by MR J 858

More reasons to play the Killzone 3 beta which goes on PSN tomorrow at 10AM PST. Sony is giving away 60 Limited Edition Helghast Edition. These are limited to a 1000 and can't be bought in the store:

The Limited Helghast Edition contains all the same elements as the retail version of the Helghast Edition, but features a Helghast Helmet replica with illuminated LED eyes, simulating Helghasts’ glowing mask. What makes this truly “Limited

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Anybody have Dead Space 2? Im picking it up tommorrow
Yeah, I copped.

I like it better than the 1st one, although a lot is the same, it fixes all the control problems from the 1st one, so it is a better game.

Lots of intense moments, and I like the storyline so far.

Platinum trophy will be hard to get, I dunno if I have it in me to attempt it.

Joe Billionaire wrote:
This gran turismo update is taking so long to download...its like the third time I try too
Yeah, it's a big one, but stay with it, it'll work, and the game is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom