PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Made it to level 10

Game is good, cant wait for the 22nd

Good:
Same old Killzone with better graphics
Marksman fully unlocked is to easy ( couple games i went 14/0)

Bad:
Classes seems unbalanced
close combat kills are the worst cause as soon as u do it ur dead

Bottom line it seems like if u enjoyed KZ2, you will love KZ3

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Made it to level 10

Game is good, cant wait for the 22nd

Good:
Same old Killzone with better graphics
Marksman fully unlocked is to easy ( couple games i went 14/0)

Bad:
Classes seems unbalanced
close combat kills are the worst cause as soon as u do it ur dead

That's what all the reviews have said. The main story campaign mode sucks and multi player is where the game shines.

And that may be a deal breaker for me since I suck at multi player and I'm not really into FPS shooter games. Heck I just got KZ2 last month used for $19 bucks and I might end up doing the same with KZ3 even though I have the PS Move and was really considering buying the PS Move sharp shooter gun attachment.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bulletstorm which launches the same day as KZ3 ends up getting higher review scores from the usual major gaming sites.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

i may have to disagree with you there, i have played many, many hours of kz2 and i'm a little disappointed with kz3 (also a lot of the "vets" in the kz forums seem to dislike it as well)
they tried to fix what was not broken e.g:

the classes -they were better balanced in kz2
for the medics: you have to literally stand over their bodies to heal them now (what was wrong with the healing ray gun?) and now they seem to cut the re-spawn time in half, only 5 seconds, by the time i get there the person had already gone back to base and spawned, while i'm right where he was getting shot at
indifferent.gif

for tactician: no more spawn grenades?!
indifferent.gif
i LOVED the spawn-nades, a well placed spawn grenade could either win the game or lose it, now it seems you just have to go to where the spawn area is at and stand there for about 30 secs.

custom game matches -i loved picking the maps i wanted to play next, or at least picking the game with the maps i liked the most.
don't like playing with rpg noobs? No problem, just look at the game settings and it will tell you if the rpg's are enabled or not. BUT NOOOOO not anymore.....
tired.gif

sometimes i liked playing a 2-3 hour game, sometimes 20-30 minute ones. now we have no choice in that matter
tired.gif

you can't walk through bots anymore
running seems to end faster, and longer to replenish
oh, and mortar strikes?!
indifferent.gif

on a positive note i love the malee kills
pimp.gif
one dude snuck behind me and broke my neck, then i see one of my teammates going behind him and slitting his throat, he fell and hella blood came gushing out... i was like
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Spidermachine9- Fair points

Ive only been playing the Marksman/Engineer class in team death match (which is what i did KZ2)

I will agree with u that they need to fix the balancing issue, because the sniper rifle and shotgun are very powerful and dont require aiming.

The new class system is great for a marksman but i can see how its a disadvantage to other classes.

Do you guys think Killzone would be a bigger hit if it were set in a modern day war setting?

Say it stilled played the same but real weapons and a real world setting.

^^no, it would be the same "hit" every other fps has obtained
MAG, CoD, Socom, Medal of Honor, the list goes on; that's why GG didn't want to go that route
Killzone wouldn't have been Killzone if it was in modern day settings, there's plenty of games with the modern day settings.

Man, say what you all want, I love KZ3. 
laugh.gif

Level 20, 2.12 K/D 
pimp.gif

Sniping is WAY too easy though. I dont know how you play as any other class. 

Operations is a ton of fun. 3 different modes with cut scenes between them all. And you have to move to different areas of maps, so camping one spot is not possible for the whole match.

Gonna reserve my final judgment for the actual release of the game.

There a place to mail in complaints/issues/bugs/fixes/changes?

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Well I just beat GTA IV: The Ballad Of Gay Tony and I got to say damn the game was hella fun and is what GTA IV should have been in the first place.

I suck though on the base jumping side quest missions though
laugh.gif

Anyone on here still play multi player for this game?

Also is GTA IV: The Lost & The Damned worth playing? I heard it's not as good as the The Ballad Of Gay Tony.

But either way getting the disc version of episodes from Liberty City for $19 bucks a few months back was so worth it.

Man I still haven't beaten GTA IV.

I haven't touched the game in months. I'm on the second helicopter mission with Little Jacob where you have fly the copter so that he can shoot the other one down.

That mission aggravated me so much that I stopped playing altogether.

Bought both expansion packs too but haven't played them either because I wanted to beat the main game first.

is dark souls the true successor to demon souls? i don't believe Sony would make this a muilt-platform game or did they sell its rights to namco 

so im getting bored of my 360 and i wanna make the switch to ps3, to not only have a change but to save a little money
smile.gif
where can i get the ps3 slim for cheap? and also when does that price drop happen?

Back
Top Bottom