PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

expect to see GTA V sometime in october
pimp.gif
Doubt it.

It will be announced at E3 but won't come out until Fall 2012.

i think they are going this route San Andreas was announced march'04 and release October'04 release...plus“contracts with the three employees most instrumental in the game’s development (Les Benzies Sam and Dan Houser) expire in January 2012"

I doubt GTA comes out this year. LA Noire is coming up and I dont see R* throwing out 2 marquee games in the same year.

Via esrb.org

ESRB rates Parasite Eve for PS3 and PSP
pelogo8192010530px.jpg

It looks like the North American PSOne Classics selection will get a little closer to catching up to the Japanese store soon -- and in the category that really counts: vintage Square RPGs. An ESRB rating has popped up for a PlayStation 3 and PSP release of Parasite Eve.

Square Enix hasn't said when the action RPG will be available; however, the mitochondria in our brains are telling us that we can likely expect it around the March 29 release of The 3rd Birthday on PSP. It was released about a month in advance of that PSP game in Japan.

Via blogs.sega.com

Virtua Tennis 4 lobbed to retail May 10
virtua225.jpg

Sega is sending Virtua Tennis 4 for PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii over the net May 10. Now if don't know the release date, it's your own fault. (And with that, we're out of tennis jokes.

Somewhere Proper English is going HAM right now.

Via andriasang.com

Ono: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition won't come to consoles
sf4104.jpg

If you were looking forward to one day buying the "Arcade Edition" of Super Street Fighter IV on a PS3 or Xbox 360 disc (or even 3DS cartridge), you can go ahead and put that money toward something else. (Marvel vs. Capcom 3, maybe?) Producer Yoshinori Ono told Famitsu (via Andriasang) that Capcom has no plan to release the Arcade Edition for home consoles.

The reason lies in the game balance. The Arcade Edition includes characters who are deliberately unbalanced -- we're thinking Oni and Evil Ryu here -- in order to build "competitive spirit" among the people who hang out at arcades and play in short sessions. The home version of Super Street Fighter IV has been designed to better equalize the characters.

Of course, the absence of a standalone console release of the arcade version of the game doesn't preclude the release of Evil Ryu, Oni, Yun and Yang as Super Street Fighter IV DLC -- something Ono has proposed before.

Update: Ono has made several statements on Twitter suggesting that an Arcade Edition DLC announcement will be forthcoming after the release of Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. Thanks, Kreg.

frown.gif

Via ps3.ign.com

Sony beefing up legal team to battle pirates
ps3slim530.jpg

Sony isn't planning on letting the PS3 turn into another PSP. While Sony releases the occassional firmware update for their handheld, it's clear that little can be done to stop the piracy rampant on the platform. Perhaps the PS3 is destined for a different fate, with the help of a bulked up legal team. According to IGN, Sony is currently looking to hire a "Senior Corporate Counsel" and a "Senior Paralegal for Anti-Piracy and Brand Protection." (That should look intimidating on a business card!)

The hires will be responsible for "overseeing anti-piracy civil lawsuits and providing support to law enforcement and intellectual property agencies on behalf of SCEA." Sony has already filed lawsuits against a number of people responsible for the creation and distribution of the PS3 jailbreak. This listing suggests that the company may be looking to cast an even wider net.

"Consumers must immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from their PlayStation 3 systems," the company warned in an earlier statement.

I approve of this. 

Via Joystiq.com

Crysis 2 multiplayer demo also coming to PS3

Looks like Crytek's planning to pull a nanomechanically-engineered hat trick with its multiplayer demo for Crysis 2 -- it's out already on 360, it's coming to PC on March 1, and according to the game's latest official trailer (posted after the jump), the demo is "coming soon" to the PS3 as well.

We've contacted EA to get a more specific timeframe for the demo's arrival. For now, check out the video after the jump to see exactly how the game looks on Sony's home console. Actually, you could just go read the back-and-forth in these YouTube comments between PS3 and 360 fanboys -- it's just as entertaining as the trailer itself.

Played it on my 360, you're not missing much. KZ3 beta was WAY better.

They'll never stop it. That dude Geohot just said in an interview the other day he's planning on hacking that Xperia Play thing. And he's currently being sued by Sony. The other dudes house got raided and he still released all his current work and said for everyone to spread it around. People are playing online right now while console banned AND using 3.55
laugh.gif

Vagrant Story dropping this Tuesday of PS Store. 
pimp.gif
 Still have my OG copy.
Threads of Fate and Legend of Mana are rumored to be coming in the next couple weeks.

All well and good.... but how about some NEW RPG's? 
ohwell.gif
 I love the three listed, but I own them all and have played through them already.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Vagrant Story dropping this Tuesday of PS Store. 
pimp.gif
 Still have my OG copy.
Threads of Fate and Legend of Mana are rumored to be coming in the next couple weeks.

All well and good.... but how about some NEW RPG's? 
ohwell.gif
 I love the three listed, but I own them all and have played through them already.

Still got my Vagrant Story and Xenogears
pimp.gif

Dont know if i will download Vagrant story from PS Store since i sold my psp go

I'm waiting on Tales of Destiny 2, Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia to be on the PSN.
I loved those games.

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

I'm waiting on Tales of Destiny 2, Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia to be on the PSN.
I loved those games.

YES. Legaia is my favorite non-FF RPG of all time, of all time. Dragoon right behind it.
Never played Tales of Destiny 2 though. Possibly the first one... 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

I loved those games.

YES. Legaia is my favorite non-FF RPG of all time, of all time. Dragoon right behind it.
Never played Tales of Destiny 2 though. Possibly the first one... 
nerd.gif

Is the Uncharted 2 GOTY Edition really worth getting over the regular edition?

As many responses as possible would be appreciated.

Thanks.

are you going to play the multiplayer? if yes then yes it is if no then its not

i bought the game, beat it in a few days sold it

Back
Top Bottom