PS4 vs Xbox One vol. I can't decide!

I had a xbox 360 and ps3 and went with ps4. Although I will pick up a xbox one late next year, just to say I have both.

Yup. Overall, your getting more value and features for your dollar. You won't be disappointed. Although, i'd wait till' January to purchase. PS4 barely has any blockbuster titles out now.

You want to expand on that

For example is Remote Play such a great feature that you can't go without

1975cydwy10xfgif.gif

yqdBTdA.gif

Overall, I think Xbox One is a way better value if the media features of value to you like they are too me. I love when people use the all in one features against Xbox like it can't play kick *** games as well. Having both TV and Games on the same input has been a godsend for me. Seamlessly switching between watching a game to going straight to playing a game is amazing. That's just me though, a lot of people don't care about that ****. The better graphics thing is mostly ******** to me. Everyone claiming the PS4 has way better graphics wouldn't be able to tell the damn difference between the two unless they were side by side and had a magnifying glass. The hardware is more powerful on the PS4, but the end result is really not too much different unless you have a serious eye for that.

Like you said though, exclusives are a major factor. Whichever console has the games you want should be the main factor. If you like FPS's then it's gotta be Xbox, Halo and GOW>>>>

However, if you like RPG's and **** PS4 has it on lock.

Both consoles are great, it just comes down to what you value more.

Last edited:
You mentioned RPGs and such I'd say ps4..you also said mainly sports and both of these play sports games virtually the same..it'll come down to which controller you like best, I personally like the xbones by a large margin, but others prefer the ds4 just as much. I don't think you can go wrong either way both have cool things to offer

Last edited:
What if someone literally just wanted one of the systems for sports games only? (Madde, 2k, fifa, etc) Which console shall he pick then and why?

What if someone literally just wanted one of the systems for sports games only? (Madde, 2k, fifa, etc) Which console shall he pick then and why?
Get whatever one is cheaper( deals) and what one your friends have. Ex. You can get a madden xb1 bundle for 350. But if your friends don't use that system, what's the point

Also Sports games aren't going to deviate from system to system

Get the n64

Brb 4 controller slots
Brb rumble pack
Brb 64 bit games
Brb durable cartridges
Brb

Bringing this back from the dead.

Can anyone tell me if the XBox one Controller allows users to plug in some regular headphones to it to just listen? Or do I need to actually plug in a headset or some adapter?

Couldn't find what I was looking for on Google, so I assume I need the headset...confirmation?

PS4 allows headphones though, from what I understand?

Last edited:
Bringing this back from the dead.

Can anyone tell me if the XBox one Controller allows users to plug in some regular headphones to it to just listen? Or do I need to actually plug in a headset?

Couldn't find what I was looking for on Google, so I assume I need the headset...confirmation?

PS4 allows headphones though, from what I understand?

XB1 does not have a headphone jack on the controller, ps4 does. Comes with a set of cheap *** earbuds. I use my iPhone headset, plugs straight into the bottom of ps4 controller.

Originally Posted by iYen  

I'm console neutral. I'm getting an xb1, because it fits my needs.
Originally Posted by iYen  
Here's a thread about people who review their systems after 9 months of having them.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874718

Which game system did you have last gen? Figure out the reasons why you had that system rather than the other system.

If said reasons are still applicable to this gen, I'd recommend going off of that.

Since, you have more an idea of what to expect.

IMO, the xb1 is going to has a great fall line up exclusive wise.

But $ony has been with the players since they showed their console.

While m$ tried to enforce ridiculous policies on their customers.

TLDR: ps4
Since I got my xb1, I prefer it way more than the ps4.
This all depends on which exclusive features and games you like.

I'm one of the most unbiased gamers on this site.

My experience with the xb1 is superior to my experience with the ps4.

xb1 pros:
  • Regular updates that adds fan picked features to the console
  • multitasking
  • suspend/resume. You turn off your xb1, then turn it on the next day. You're back in the game exactly where left out.
  • non-gimmicky controller. The impulse triggers add little subtleties to games and the rubber lining on the thumbsticks adds some grip. Which enhance the experience.
  • It updates games/downloads purchases, even if the console is off.
  • smartglass app, it's basically xbox facebook
  • The OS makes everything easy to find and you can bookmark certain games/apps like the 360.
  • You can smoothly play games off of an external hdd.
xb1 cons:
  • They tried to screw their customers over. Then they did more 180s than Tony Hawk because they ps4 was whooping them in sales.
ps4 pros:
  • They didn't try to screw their customers over.
  • more single player exclusives announced
  • remote play. You can stream games to your ps vita or your vita tv
ps4 cons:
  • gimmicky controller: the light bar and speaker serve no purpose.
  • little to no regular software updates that add fan picked features.
  • The OS freezes up/lags sometimes.
  • mobile "app" that just links you to the sony site.
  • short controller battery life due to gimmicks on the controller
  • The OS is a cluttered mess. It doesn't even have alphabetized organization.
Upcoming Game Releases:

Microsoft Exclusive:
Forza Horizon 2 Sep 30
Project Spark Oct 7

Killer Instinct 2 Classic Oct 15
Fantasia Music Evolved Oct 21
Sunset Overdrive Oct 28
Halo Master Chief Collection Nov 11

Sony Exclusive:

Tales of Xillia 2 Review:
Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star Sep 23
Super Exploding Zoo Sep 30
Pavilion Sep 30
Driveclub Oct 7

Samurai Warriors 4 Oct 21
Little Big Planet 3 Nov 18
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix Dec 2
Shining Resonance Dec 11
Madden 15 http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/21/madden-nfl-15-review
Metro Redux Aug 26
Warriors Orochi 3 Sep 2
Destiny Sep 9 http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/gfn381/destiny-review
NHL 15 Sep 9
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution Sep 16
Falling Skies Sep 23
Fifa 15 Sep 23
Disney Infinity 2 Sep 23
Dynasty Warriors 8 Sep 25
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Sep 30
Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments Sep 30
Adventure Time Sep 30
Tetris Ultimate Sep 30
Middle-earth Sep 30
NBA 2K15 Oct 7
NBA Live 15 Oct 7
Alien Isolation Oct 7
MX vs ATV Supercross Oct 7
The Evil Within Oct 14
Borderlands Pre-Sequel Oct 14
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Oct 14
The Walking Dead: Season One Oct 14
F1 2014 Oct 21
WWE 2K15 Oct 28
Lords of the Fallen Oct 28
Assassin’s Creed Unity Oct 28
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Nov 4
Never Alone Nov 4
The Wolf Among Us Nov 4
Assassin’s Creed Rogue Nov 11
The Crew Nov 11
Far Cry 4 Nov 18
Grand Theft Auto V Nov 18
Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18
Here's where you can see what games will be released in 2015.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Here's a thread about your question.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874718

XB1 I think you need to buy an adapter to use regular headphones.
Yeah you need to buy a $25 adapter and a recharageable batteries for your xb1 controler.

58b11c49-6adf-4461-b5a8-8bce6073a687.jpg

The headset adapters lets you use regular earbuds or earbuds w/ mics and 2.5' headsets.

It comes with a 3.5 to 2.5' converter cord that you just plug in.

You can increase the volume from the adapter and you can change the game/chat audio ratio.

So you can mute players from the adapter or mute game audio.

Also the xb1 supports usb media playback and dlna streaming.

Yeah you need to buy a $25 adapter and a recharageable batteries for your xb1 controler.

The headset adapters lets you use regular earbuds or earbuds w/ mics and 2.5' headsets.
You can increase the volume from the adapter and you can change the game/chat audio ratio.

That's too much.

XB1 is basically like having your TV, social networks, and video games wrapped into one

for example I was watching the Broncos game last night while playing madden and browsing my social networks

everything is so user friendly and voice activated

Last edited:

That's too much.
Do you say that at Footlocker?

it really depends on what you want... do you want an all purpose do it all system that plays games and is a entertainment system which is the xbox since it can play games and take control of your tv or the ps4 which is a better gaming system that is focused just on gaming and is better on multiplatform games...for me personally i use my console specifically on gaming and just that so i pick the ps4... but you may have different preferences so its really about whats important to you... i already know which 1 is better but at the same time that choice fits me best but its all about what you want

Had the PS4 and ended up selling it for an Xbox One...Both are great consoles though. I may cop a PS4 later down the road but I'm more than happy with the One for now

Back
Top Bottom