Put Me On Some Rock Music

Im as big a hiphop fan as anyone on this board, but I've been listening to bands like metallica, nirvana, thrice, and sublime lately and its pretty damngood. I can't lie, if you give it a chance, it isn't as bad as some people make it.

Anyone else a rock fan? If so, talk about some of your favorite songs

metallica...check out enter sandman and the unforgiven.
nirvana, in utero is a good album. songs like all apologies....its pretty mellow.
sublime, garden grove, santeria and smoke two joints are dope...
also check pink floyd and the beatles....two of the greatest bands to ever make music, imo.
hope that helps
smile.gif

idk if its considered "rock" but i used to listen to limp bizkit back in the day......

based on the bands youve given try this: queens of the stone age-the bronze age that should get you hooked. oh yea and every rage against the machine song ever

Originally Posted by Unphased4

try some Red Hot Chili Peppers. Some Rufio. Old Green Day. and maybe some incubus

aint a damn thing wrong with any new Green day either...American Hero was one of the first albums i listened to when i transitioned into rock and is stillone of my favorites...the first album that really put me on to rock is Fly or Die by NERD...after that came The High Speed Scene, The Hives, Franz Ferdinand,Mando Diao, ect...and imo, Fallout Boy isnt that bad of a band as people make them out to be

Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I & II
Metallica - And Justice For All (their best work IMO)
Tool - Aenima
Radiohead - you can't go wrong with any of their albums

Originally Posted by Parallel Plane

Tool - Aenima

AEnima has some amazing songs, but "Lateralus" (My favorite album ever) and "10,000 Days" are both more completealbums.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

Brand New

Listen to Deja Entuendu, it will make the transition from hip hop to rock very easy.

Than go on to bayside

dont go to tool and all the industrial BS, stuffs garbage.

fundz4 wrote:
Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

Brand New

dont go to tool and all the industrial BS, stuffs garbage.

Erroneous. Tool simultaneously craps all over Brand New, Deja Entuendu, Bayside, and fundz4.

- Tical.

Yeah the nirvana songs I listen to are : Smells like teen spirit, Come as you are, Heart shaped box, Rape me

Metallica - enter sandman, one, seek and destroy

So in review the bands I should look into are Tool, Rage against the machine?

Politics As Usual 22 wrote:

Yeah the nirvana songs I listen to are : Smells like teen spirit, Come as you are, Heart shaped box, Rape me

Metallica - enter sandman, one, seek and destroy

So in review the bands I should look into are Tool, Rage against the machine?

Check these songs out...

Tool:
"Stinkfist"
"Parabola"
"Schism"
"Sober"
"Forty Six & 2"

Rage Against the Machine:
"Bulls On Parade"
"Freedom"
"Bombtrack"
"Snake Charmer"
"Take the Power Back"

I like all of their songs, but there's 5 each to get you started.

- Tical.

Listen to Iron Maidens Number of the Beast of Powerslave album and Megadeths peace sells. While your listening to Metallica listen to Kill em all.

Back
Top Bottom