Put me on to some rock music that slaps

Help me find some rock music with heavy bass.
I just got my system installed and this is my new�
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif

I have little to no knowledge of any rock music. �Please excuse and help remedy my ignorance-

I also just discovered Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return). �Is there a version of this with more bass? �I just have the electric ladyland one�

EDIT:

There's supposed to be a video of Lenny Kravitz - American Woman here but I can't figure out how to embed. �

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

I also just discovered Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return). �Is there a version of this with more bass? �I just have the electric ladyland one

No, but check out the 15 minute version Voodoo Chile also from Electric Ladyland anyways. Actually, check out that entire album, and Are You Experienced.

Other bass-y songs though,

The xx - Fantasy. Or for an actual song, Basic Space.
Beck's entire "Modern Guilt" album
Blouse - Into Black
Warpaint - Undertow
Funkadelic - You and Your Folks, Me and My Folks.
Bloc Party - Zephyrus
Modest Mouse - Fire it Up
Curtis Mayfield - Pusherman
TV on the Radio - New Cannonball Blues

Not sure how heavy you're expecting, but hopefully something I listed falls into what you're looking for.

TheRed Hot Chili Peppers have a bunch of songs that could be considered heavy bass for a rock group. Flea is one of the best at making those types of sounds come from a bass guitar.
Higher Ground, Give it Away and By the Way are songs off the top of my head with heavier bass parts. Also check out anything off the first three Beastie Boys albums. i know they're hip-hop but in the beginning they used a ton of rock sounds/samples.

Back
Top Bottom