Q-TIP SIGNS TO KANYE WEST’S G.O.O.D. MUSIC/DEF JAM RECORDINGS - ALBUM DUE EARLY 2013

(April 11, 2012 - New York, NY) -  Universallyregarded as one of the greatest figures in hip-hop history, New York City’s ownQ-Tip becomes the newest addition to Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music / DefJam Recordings, announced today by Barry Weiss,Chairman & CEO of Universal Republic and Island Def Jam. Details on the fourth solo album by Grammy Award[emoji]174[/emoji]-winner Q-Tip,tentatively titled THE LAST ZULU, will be announced in themonths ahead.

“I am thrilled to be working with Q-Tiponce again,â€

tip is the man in my book.

not a fan of anyone signed to good music but the sound they bring to the table should fit tip nicely...

should be a good look...

Damn, I sure hope Tip doesn't go the flossy-flossy route 'Ye seems to be going. That Mylanta or Theraflu jawn was yuck...Instead of the artwork that accompanied the track, someone should've just slapped a yuck mouth sticker on that jawn.

I like this. Tip gives GOOD a more organic hip hop feel...

For real, whatever happened to Mos on GOOD? I feel like he's been blackballed since "The Rapeover"

kanye is assembling quite the roster. Tip's not gonna bring record sales but he will bring authenticity and a sound that can't be duplicated. I'm thoroughly impressed with the manner in which Kanye assembles his team. He's approaching it like a recording GM. Everyone brings a different talent and skillset that makes the collective better, as opposed to randomly signing artists for their independent value.

It's a ZULU NATION BABY!!
pimp.gif

good maybe this will get Ye back to some of his old hip hop roots by the way is Cudi still GOOD music?

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

Oh now he can steal beats from kanye and claim he made em like he did Pete rock

Oh really...any link or background into this?

Edit:  NVM, found it http://www.complex.com/mu...te-rock-classics/.  Here's the chocolate boy wonder's view now:

Pete Rock: “Q-Tip came over one day and heard the beat playing and liked it. And I had the records sitting around because I had just made it, so the records were there and he saw what I used. I guess he liked it and went back and tried to re-create it and make it sound just like the way I did it. I had a few more elements in it. I had the same drums and the sample, and he actually did the beat the same way I did it. And he shouted me out [at the end of the song].
“At first I was a little upset when I didn’t get the credit when I looked at the album [liner notes], but I’m way over that by now. That was so long ago. I’m on to bigger and better things. I hate talking about old, wack situations that don’t mean nothing no more. But definitely, that was a classic.â€

In light of the Q-Tip to GOOD Music news, it brings me to a thought I had some days ago. I know he's working with him now but if 'Ye would've brought 2 Chainz on GOOD...we'd be talking about the most balanced mainstream hip hop roster today.

When I say 'balanced' I'm talking most sub-categories of the music (soul, street, trap, emo, etc.) being well represented.

Back
Top Bottom