QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

AR - MVP - The Prototype

Really sucks we did not get to see Burrow
but Hebert carried the rest of the szn for the rook class.

Tua had his struggles, like struggle struggles but I still believe

Deshaun is GREAT.

Russ is great too but seems kinda broken also at times. Volatile szn

Lamar is one of a kind, not near his peak yet.

Josh Allen, all respect is due. Tier 1 type year

Tom Brady still hanging around like a fruit fly

Rivers is still hanging around in a less efficient way but hey part of a playoff team.

Stafford, Cousins, Ryan. Solid season, bad overall teams. Change of scenery focus group

Almost time to welcome a new class

AR had one of the best seasons I've seen since I've been watching football at an age old enough to realize what I'm seeing, if that makes sense. it's right there with his 2011 season. it's up there with Brady in 2007 and 2010 (his best IMO). Manning 04 and 15. just unreal by AR this year.

Josh Allen made the biggest leap this year and it's been fun to watch. Tannehill up there as well. What a difference a change in scenery has made for him.

I think Pat and Lamar both didn't do as well as last year. regress or step back would be harsh to say and isn't the right word, but they both looked more human this year.

Watson clearly still has it despite the team struggles this season. he's young still and the **** Texans team is a lot for him to carry.

Russ still my guy but definitely a weird year. One minute he looks like unstoppable and then the next he makes some head scratching throws.

Tom can clearly still throw it and I'm happy to see him put up respectable numbers at 43 with actual NFL caliber pass catchers. That arm is still pretty good...he just needs to be kept upright and hang in that pocket. He's got a handful of TDs passes on the run this season that are as good of TD throws you'll see in the NFL which is cool because it's a part of his game he's worked on the last few years despite all the success he's had up until that point.

Herbo is going to be FUN to watch and hopefully he can give Mahomes some healthy competition over the next decade.

I think Brees and Rivers need to hang it up. Ben closely behind although he's benefitting from serious talent at WR.

Interested to see where Wentz and Stafford end up. Both probably will and can benefit from a change of scenery like elpablo21 elpablo21 floated up above. Wouldn't mind Stafford in NE for a couple years until we find a guy but I know he probably wants at least 3 years & $60M.

Stafford, Cousins, Ryan. Solid season, bad overall teams. Change of scenery focus group

I'll disagree with Cousins here...I'd like a bona fide upgrade, but that's not the issue...Kirk had a very good season and really...where will he go that has better offensive weapons?

The defense was the main issue and since folks like to toot the injury horn, allow me...Vikings lost Danielle Hunter, Anthony Barr, Mike Hughes before the season or week 1. Starters on each level, 2 All-Pros....They're NT replacement for Linval, Michael Pierce, opted out...Eric Kendricks was having another all-pro season and their mid-season win streak came to a halt that directly coincided with his season ending injury....young CBs showed great promise, but see above as to why they were scapegoats...

Kirk is in a good spot and the Vikings should be in the thick of it again next season.

Cook, Thielen, Jefferson...Irv Smith came on...where he gonna go that has weapons like that?

I'll disagree with Cousins here...I'd like a bona fide upgrade, but that's not the issue...Kirk had a very good season and really...where will he go that has better offensive weapons?

The defense was the main issue and since folks like to toot the injury horn, allow me...Vikings lost Danielle Hunter, Anthony Barr, Mike Hughes before the season or week 1. Starters on each level, 2 All-Pros....They're NT replacement for Linval, Michael Pierce, opted out...Eric Kendricks was having another all-pro season and their mid-season win streak came to a halt that directly coincided with his season ending injury....young CBs showed great promise, but see above as to why they were scapegoats...

Kirk is in a good spot and the Vikings should be in the thick of it again next season.

Cook, Thielen, Jefferson...Irv Smith came on...where he gonna go that has weapons like that?
Yeah I dont disagree. I mostly threw him in there as the good season, not good team success category.

He is basically already in the spot some of us/we like to put up as missing a piece of two like 9ers, Colts, ect.

Yeah I dont disagree. I mostly threw him in there as the good season, not good team success category.

He is basically already in the spot some of us/we like to put up as missing a piece of two like 9ers, Colts, ect.

Ah, I mostly responded to the change of scenery focus group part...

If Niners want him...im mostly for it, but this team needs a vet at Q and unless they can get Watson or even Stafford...might as well roll with Kirk.

Wonder if Brees and Rivers retire for real. Would be kind of ironic.

Josh Allen was incredible this year. A miracle Hail Mary from 14-2. :wow:

Kyler....... 🤔

I ask for it every year, it's so damn rare, could we get Mahomes v Rodgers? :nerd:

Alex Smith, 3 teams, 3 playoffs. Granted, never the sexiest, but he wins.

Tannehill with 40 overall touchdowns.

Playoff QB's
40+ Brady, Brees
30+ Ben, Rivers, Smith, Rodgers, Russ, Tannehill
20+ Mahomes, Lamar, Trubisky, Allen, Goff, Baker

Watson, the greatest 4-12 season in history, I'm not making that up. Close your eyes those stats are 12-4.

Darnold, Stafford, Ryan, Carr, Cousins, Cam, Wentz, Garapolo, how many of these stay/move?

Darnold has the #2, do they bookend protect him with Becton/Sewell?
Ryan has the #4, do they cut cord?
Stafford has #7.

Could add tools to their chest, or replace them.

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance look like 4 first rounders. Jax takes 1. 3 take jobs, from somebody.

Dak back next year as well. Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Minshew could all be backups highly sought as well.

If Brees and Rivers do retire, who takes Colts, and where does Jameis go?

Fun off-season comin.

Pay as in what? Nothing big, I'd say.

I feel like he deserves this shot but, I've liked him for years and he never got his chance...it's reasonable to sign him, another vet and draft someone in the mid rounds and have a competition. I think itd be wild to give him starting Q money at this point.

I definitely should have said signed rather than pay. I agree 100%. Shoot, going from XFL backup to signed and competing is gettin PAID lol.

ksf7m4z8g7v41.jpg

If the Colts don't get Stafford, you think they should try this kid rather than bringing Rivers back?

Taylor and Rivers had the Colts top 10 in Offense.

Rivers: 68.0%, 4,169, 24-11, 97.0

Allen ascending
Russ was....God level trash
Lamar different
Ben. Pack it up mane
Baker even with a head start gets his props, made the plays all game.

Tanne, Mitch, meh

Tom and Drew. Old heads handled business

Goff was? Good enough considering the thumb situation

Last edited:
Battle of the old heads. Thomas prevailed

Its really time for Brees. That was a struggle fest. Decorated career, time to go home

Thomas was a little better with the benefit of short fields/TOs but plays were available and they were made

Lamar and Allen dealt with some of the wildest winds in a game. I won't really take much from that. I think Allen will show to be better next week.

Lamar still has some untapped levels in there. We'll see if he can unveil them next szn.

Baker was ok today but proved more than I thought he would be this szn in general. Growth was there

AR is the MVP and played like one. Two more games to complete his manifesto

Hope Pat is healthy for next week. Had a average game by his standards but he's still Pat

Pretty damn good final four of QBs. New School and the Old Guard all in it

Tom gets it done again. Played well, then average, then like garbage and then good again. Regardless, did enough to make another SB, the legacy continues.

Even with having fewer turnovers than his counterpart AR left too many chances on the field today. Had stretches of MVP AR but a couple unsuccessful Redzone trips tell a decent part of the story. Great season, still well deserved MVP this year.

Allen had a tough time in his first title game but can't really blame him considering the opponent. Looking forward to seeing where he can progress (holding on to the ball too long is a key flaw rn). He made some amazing leaps this year, respect.

Idk what to say about Project Pat and his command of his offense. Everything is with ease, even in minor struggles throughout a game the repercussions fade quickly. Man has basically hit his prime the first day starting. Smooth sailing today for him

Two weeks from now we have one QB just adding cherries on top to a cemented legacy vs. One who we seriously need to examine where he places on the pantheon of QB Elites now (and not where he may end up at the end of his career)

TB12 did his thing. that 4 possession stretch in the 3rd and 4th quarter was weird. instead of the methodical and patient kill...he gave in to the excitement and started gunning and chucking. but that first half and first 3rd quarter possession was enough to put pressure on the Pack. and at the end of the game he always seems to make just enough plays to win. it's never really flashy or sexy but man it just works. he wins

AR did what he does. for most of his career. some wow plays but then just sorta fizzles. it's weird. i don't really get it. i know we've read and heard different theories on why but i really don't think he's got that assassin mentality. he just lacks it. the decision to kick v go for it with ~2 minutes left is going to get questioned and LaFleur will get dragged for it, i'm sure. i wish we could get some insight into if AR can/has the ability to wave off the kicking team. did he even try? i'd love to get insight into it

Allen had a great year. but that's a tall order. it's what an offense like KC will do. force you to play different. the trajectory of his career looks good. interested to see how he does next year (as well as the Bills). division foe or not, i just don't have the hate for him or the Bills. i enjoy watching him play and was rooting for him

Pat...there isn't much to say. his skill, ability to keep plays alive, and those weapons....it's one massive cheat code. i don't see much stopping that freight train anytime soon. it just seems so easy and going through the motions for that offense. i do look forward to seeing how he does over the years and the pieces change around him. the talent is amazing (and frustrating :lol: ) to watch

Is it really a mentality thing with AR? I mean he has one ring, and he was putting up numbers that year and in that SB against a good defense.

There is alot of variances that happen in a game where you only have one shot (not a best of series) that we're judging off of. I think he is an all time elite guy. There's only a couple guys that we put at that class that have multiple multiple rings. John Elway was a terrible loser with talent and then that narrative all changed at the very end. Idk if his mentality changed, your cards fall that way sometimes.

There are things about AR's attitude (I hate how he responded about the 4th down call) that can be annoying but Tom does similar things and since he has wins ppl will shrug their shoulders

Did Lafleur and his relationship allow that kind of discussion to happen? 651akathepaul 651akathepaul made a comment saying Tom wouldn't let that happened and he would basically pull rank but they had just talked about how Tom stays tf out of Bruce's way and let's him coach :lol:

At the end of the day, winners get to write the story so I'm not mad at it at all. He had his chances with his team today. Could have added to his legacy but wasn't enough

Brady played like ****.

But I think him and guys like Peyton or Lebron are just corporation athletes with their energy and strategic awareness. Other players love, believe and follow these guys. The organizations have won before most matchups.

Rodgers played better than Brady but the RB fumble, dropped 2 point conversion and the 2 horrible plays by King was the difference.

This was more than all you need is a quarterback. Give Brady credit for having his team ready to play.

Russ 4 INT's vs Rodgers, Win.
Brady 3 INT's vs Rodgers, Win.

"QB play is thee most important thing". 👍

Some QB's get to make multiple mistakes, others don't. Always been true.

Rodgers career gonna be fascinating to dissect in 3-4 years.

AR is gonna get excused cause Adams dropped a TD, ESB drops a 2pt conversion, etc etc. it's like he's the only one that has to overcome miscues. Brady throws a dime that Evans drops that woulda been a jog in six with the defender falling down. next play, Brady throws an INT. no one mentions it, though. those miscues and breaks always go both ways. they even out over the course of a game, season, career, etc.

Some QB's get to make multiple mistakes, others don't. Always been true.

i feel like with some guys, we always have to talk about the miscues their teams make and what they need to overcome. while with others, we don't need to bring up any of the miscues that occur

what'd AR do with the 3 Brady INTs? two FGs?
what'd Brady do with the AR INT and JW fumble? two TDs

last week...three Saint turnovers. three Bucaneers TD drives.

that type of opportunistic scoring and complimentary football are game changers, as is the lack of cashing in on those chances. killers cash in on those opportunities

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom