QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

they even out over the course of a career

Ehhh I don't think we can't say that in general. This isnt an excuse, this is the reality of sports. None of this balances out over time. You get the chances you have and you have to make the most of them, the pendulum does not always swing back to balance things out.

This isn't to take anything away from Tom or excuse AR

Ehhh I don't think we can't say that in general. This isnt an excuse, this is the reality of sports. None of this balances out over time. You get the chances you have and you have to make the most of them, the pendulum does not always swing back to balance things out.

This isn't to take anything away from Tom or excuse AR

that's fair

i was trying to point out how pretty much everyone today (NT, twitter, analysts) is calling out those events (Adams dropped TD, ESB dropped 2 pt conversion, etc) but not mentioning that same things that happen to the other offense. and i get it...it's going to go unnoticed (intentionally or unintentionally) when it happens to the winning side

i thought it was the opposite. Bruce said he gets out of the way and lets Tom coach and "just watches". i might have misread that quote tho
I thought I heard it the other way on the broadcast but I could be wrong ¯\_( ツ)_/¯

that's fair

i was trying to point out how pretty much everyone today (NT, twitter, analysts) is calling out those events (Adams dropped TD, ESB dropped 2 pt conversion, etc) but not mentioning that same things that happen to the other offense. and i get it...it's going to go unnoticed (intentionally or unintentionally) when it happens to the winning side
Can't speak for anyone else but outside of my banter I've posted about Tom I always say in here he took advantage of his opportunities when AR didn't.

I get it that we can always go down the hypothetical rabbit hole of this game and say this could have been different for even Tom but there isn't much more to write about for the side who already won

My thing is idk if we can't point to someone's mentality not being up to par (especially for a guy who won it all) is all my debate was really about

what'd AR do with the 3 Brady INTs? two FGs?
what'd Brady do with the AR INT and JW fumble? two TDs

last week...three Saint turnovers. three Bucaneers TD drives.

that type of opportunistic scoring and complimentary football are game changers, as is the lack of cashing in on those chances. killers cash in on those opportunities

You're kind of making my point for me.......

Brady gets a turnover......at like the 10 yard line. TD.

Rodgers gets a Brady pick.....inside his own 20, 80+ yards away. :lol:

Tampa's defense capitalizes, just as NE always did. We credit THE ****ING QUARTERBACK for that. :rofl:

I read a stat where Brady defenses have never allowed X number of points. (40, maybe) and Rodgers has had that happen several times. I gotta look that up later.

Also, GB went 13-3 last year and like some ****heads drafted a QB/RB with their first two picks who never touched the field. (Til Aaron Jones got hurt)
That isn't helping your QB for ****.

Tom literally left NE because of lack of weapons. I wonder if AR tries the same.

You also mentioned Evans drop and Brady pick next play.......like Atl dropping an easy Brady pick while blowing a 28-3 lead in a SB. You think I forget these details do ya? 🤔 :lol:

Oh by the way.......

14-10, Rodgers picked.......on a CLEAR DPI, not called.

Then with 6 seconds, following a dropped INT, Brady TD to Miller on a Jets level coverage call.

Some QB's get to make mistakes, multiple, others, don't. :wink:

i thought it was the opposite. Bruce said he gets out of the way and lets Tom coach and "just watches". i might have misread that quote tho

It was this, from stuff I've seen.

In a piece today, he (Arians) mentioned that he was trying to coach a receiver to do something since he got there upon deaf ears, but once Brady said it, the guy was like, "yes, sir" or something like that. I was in and out, but I heard things as like Arians let's Brady do his thing and he stays out of the way.

Oh by the way.......

14-10, Rodgers picked.......on a CLEAR DPI, not called.

Then with 6 seconds, following a dropped INT, Brady TD to Miller on a Jets level coverage call.

Some QB's get to make mistakes, multiple, others, don't. :wink:

again...we can do it all day and go back and forth on the miscues of receivers and defenders. i think that "Tom Brady is allowed to make more mistakes" is a gross overstatement or simplification

being down 11 and getting gifted 3 INTs and getting a FG is inexcusable. at home. we've (NE fans) have killed Brady when he hasn't cashed in on those opportunities. i'm gonna kill any good QB that does the same

again...we can do it all day and go back and forth on the miscues of receivers and defenders. i think that "Tom Brady is allowed to make more mistakes" is a gross overstatement or simplification

being down 11 and getting gifted 3 INTs and getting a FG is inexcusable. at home. we've (NE fans) have killed Brady when he hasn't cashed in on those opportunities. i'm gonna kill any good QB that does the same

The QB you bangin on right now had more yards, fewer turnovers, higher QB rating, same amount of touchdowns.

Mahomes had his starting RB CEH drafted in round 1 this year.
Brady had his starting Right Tackle drafted in round 1 this year.
Allen has his #1 WR acquired for their round 1 pick this year.

Aaron Rodgers had a clipboard holder in round 1.

Brady threw 3 INT's and had a 4th dropped. (right before the Miller TD no less)
Rodgers had 1 INT, on a clear DPI that wasn't called. Brady later got that exact same DPI called. :lol:

Some QB's are absolutely allowed to make more mistakes and survive than others. You literally just watched it yesterday, and are arguing against it. I literally just provided you MULTIPLE examples from multiple different angles. And remember, I am NOT one of the Brady bashers, you know for a fact I spent many years banging the drum for him over Peyton.

If it makes you feel better, Josh Allen had multiple INT's dropped yesterday as well. Had those been caught, the Chiefs win by 50+. Alas....

DSA, do you remember when Tom Brady threw a game ending INT vs Mahomes, but it was called back because Dee Ford had a size 19 shoe instead of a size 18?

In that game, Brady had more yards, but fewer TD's, more INT's, and a lower QB rating than Mahomes. Also fewer rushing yards.

Mahomes shoulda made more plays? Dee should have lined up further back? I'm making all this up?

1611605763489.png

C CP1708 yes i remember all that. and like i've told you, we can go round and round all day and pick plays out in a game. it goes both ways

the point is still the same....some guys will KILL you if you give them a gift (dropped INT, offsides call, etc etc). others will be gifted a basket a turnovers and not do jack **** with it

and again, i don't put that loss squarely on AR. but i don't think he's free of blame. i think that's the larger point. the pile of excuses for why GB lost that don't include him is ridiculous. same story every year with him

and again, i don't put that loss squarely on AR. but i don't think he's free of blame. i think that's the larger point. the pile of excuses for why GB lost that don't include him is ridiculous. same story every year with him

So what did he do, specifically, that has caused them to lose?

Turnovers? Missed throws?

What has AR done that has hurt GB in their playoff losses?

So what did he do, specifically, that has caused them to lose?

Turnovers? Missed throws?

What has AR done that has hurt GB in their playoff losses?

i don't think he played mistake free but i'll give you that for the sake of my main point. simply put...he didn't score with the game on the line. you're down one score and 3 points in the 4th quarter is all you can manage? you don't win regular season MVPs for just playing mistake free football. make a play. do something, man. if i was a packers fan, yes i would be LIVID at King, Pettine, the refs calling that hold, etc etc....but at some point i would want my guy to make a play. be the MVP. just playing mistake free isn't good enough for a guy like him

he is a STUD and i won't argue that. astronomical talent. but damn, man. i dunno. a couple bad breaks in a couple post season games, yeah i get it. it happens. but at some point, enough with the coddling. be the MVP, prototype, etc..

Last edited:
BTW, salaries this year for the 4.

Brady tied for 5th.
Rodgers at 10th
Allen at 28th
Mahomes at 30th. (Contract hasn't kicked in yet)

To your point DSA.......down 8, at the 8 yard line. 4th down. You go for the FG......you still need a TD.

If you go for the TD, and miss. Brady is backed up inside his own 10 (safer/conservative calling of course) you still have 3 TO's plus the 2 minute warning.

Rodgers coach took the ball out of his hands on 4th down. He put the onus on his defense, that had already given up 31 points, to win the game.

Aaron Rodgers does not control that. Just as Brady doesn't control a helmet catch. Or the opposing QB throwing the ball on the 1 yard line.

Rodgers coach took the ball out of his hands on 4th down. He put the onus on his defense, that had already given up 31 points, to win the game.

Aaron Rodgers does not control that.

fully agree that it was a stupid decision and it was LaFleur's call. but i've been waiting to talk more about this. did Aaron have a say in that? should he? why doesn't he? i really want insight into that

i know Brady/Peyton have had the say in those situations

also...i thought he could have ran it in easy on 3rd down for a TD. thought that was a missed oppy on his part. but that might be nitpicking

fully agree that it was a stupid decision and it was LaFleur's call. but i've been waiting to talk more about this. did Aaron have a say in that? should he? why doesn't he? i really want insight into that

i know Brady/Peyton have had the say in those situations

also...i thought he could have ran it in easy on 3rd down for a TD. thought that was a missed oppy on his part. but that might be nitpicking

He said he wasn't involved in that call. I thought he should have ran too. Had he got to the 2-3 yard line, maybe a better chance at go for it. I think he FORCED that at Adams knowing they weren't going for it on 4th, but not 100% sure on that. Just know there was no way that ball was getting thru to Adams, and he doesn't normally force throws like that.

Conceding to a coach in that situation is something I'd expect from Kirk Cousins, not Rodgers.

Not sure to what exactly y'all are debating other than the quarterly, "not all about the QB." That's fine, but at some point, 9 Super Bowl appearances has to be given its own weight in a sense. Not to mention Tampa is pretty much as close to the same team as last season that you'll get with the main cogs with the notable exception of Brady for Jameis. 7-9 to SB. There's too much smoke here...

Brady again came out with a killer instinct and started the game as classic Brady. Sure he almost let them back in, but statistics aside, the point with this one is difference in overall demeanor. Like it or not, when Brady gets pissed he always gets in your ***...Rodgers does it sometimes, but mostly mutters under his breath then keeps to himself on the sideline. Its seen too many times not to be a thing.

It's always a team thing, but it's fairly obvious to me there's also a intangible impact that Brady has that makes him great.

Back
Top Bottom