QD3 Presents: Lil Wayne "The Carter" Documentary Trailer

I swear there has been 3 different trailers over the last 2 years since Carter 2. Where the #!++ is the movie?

laugh.gif
@ him having subtitles

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I swear there has been 3 different trailers over the last 2 years since Carter 2. Where the #!++ is the movie?

laugh.gif
@ him having subtitles
I never knew that's how you spell buku.
laugh.gif

But I think it's for real this time fam, they have pre-orders on Amazon.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

looks dope...

damn syrup in the 2 liter...
tired.gif
for some reason his drug usage is so compelling to me. he's drinking enough syrup to kill the average human being 4 times over
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

looks dope...

tired.gif
for some reason his drug usage is so compelling to me. he's drinking enough syrup to kill the average human being 4 times over
smh.gif
Yea, how diluted is it and how much do it drink it within a 48hr span, prolly slowly killin him but pass thru his system within 3days

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

looks dope...

tired.gif
smh.gif

HE IS NOT THE SAME..............................
alien.gif

Im might be sleep but Tez was the dude he was pissed at that time he threw his coat at somebody? And it was because of the gun charge? Like thats why dude wason VH1 like "I swear it was my gun"
laugh.gif
And QD3 trying to be to film what his father was to music
pimp.gif
he need to be more active tho

Film director Quincy "QD3" Jones III recently discussed his initial conflict with Lil Wayne's camp earlier this year when an attempt to blocktheir The Carter film was made and explained how his documentary will help make the rapper become iconic.

According to QD3, there were no problems or concerns with the movie project during their actual filming around 2008.

"While we were making the movie, it was all love," Jones explained in an interview. "And we played him the film and he was into it. He liked itand then they found out we got it into Sundance [Film Festival], everyone was excited. And just like, maybe seven to ten days before Sundance, all of a sudden,some people from his team said 'Pull the whole movie' and that's not in our agreement, it's not part of what we signed up for, everybody'was' excited. So we're not sure what exactly the issue was, it's sort of a double edged sword but I think long-term, I believe, that thismovie will make him iconic." (Urban Spin Online)

Lil Wayne's previous request to stop the release of the QD3 Entertainment documentary was denied by a state court judge, who allowed the film's releaseearlier this year.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael S. Mink denied Wayne's request for a preliminary injunction this week. QD3 executive Quincy Jones III said theruling frees his company to seek distribution of the film. "We're very pleased with the court's decision," Jones said. "We made a greatfilm, which was incredibly well received at Sundance, and showcases Lil Wayne's extraordinary talent." (Variety)

Weezy filed the lawsuit in April regarding a "scandalous portrayal" of himself in the Sundance documentary.

The suit charges that Bernie Madoff's movie production company promised to give Lil Wayne approval over the final cut, but they didn't. And insteadthey presented an attempted scandalous "documentary" at Sundance. And to get into all of this, Wayne's lawyers decided to lead their complaintwith Bernie Madoff, drawing some bizarre connection that we now live in the age of people conning other people. Probably the most interesting thing is that oneof the defendants is Quincy Jones' son, Quincy Delight Jones III. The papers also state he uses the pseudonym QD3. (Radar Online)

While financial damages never emerged, Wayne did cite a breach of contract.

Wayne allowed Digerati Holdings and QD3 Entertainment to shoot a docu-film about him. The movie company, in turn, promised to give him approval over the finalcut. In early December last year, the companies screened the film for Lil Wayne's manager, who advised them to remove objectionable content from the film.They sent another clip in January to the manager for review and approval. The manager once more demanded that all objectionable content be removed. Instead ofdoing so, they allegedly presented a "scandalous portrayal" of the rapper at Sundance without his approval. (All Headline News)

The Carter lands in stores Tuesday, November 17th.

SOHH

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

From the first ten minutes it looks like it could be a really good documentary. Will definitely check this out, while I find Wayne's lyrics to be hit andmiss since he seems to record all the time, the film overall looks to be in-depth and I'm interested to see what footage Wayne or his people may not haveliked.

thought it was pretty whack as far as documentaries go. after reading what was posted a couple posts up about how waynes camp had removed a lot of footage, ihad a feeling it'd be weak. the stuff they took out was probably some real good footage

the studio sessions were ehh...the interviewers and their questions were TERRIBLE...his interview answers weren't any better...

basically he drank a lot of syrup, smoked a lot of weed, and recorded a lot of music...was that all the film was trying to portray? if so, i guess it did agood job of giving a behind the scenes look.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom