Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

I just mentioned Spike Lee,I wasn't comparing or trying to make anyone seem better than anyone else in doing so.

But since some of you like doing so,I'll go there.Spike Lee directed one of the best movie's ever 'Malcom X' and no one can deny that fact but what pisses me off is finding out after it was made that Hollywood cut the fund's for the movie while in the middle of actually filming it and he had to call up some friend's of his,who have money just to finish it.
That's the ******** that bother's me more than anything.

To try to knock Spike.discredit or call him a hater is making you sound foolishly stupid and you don't have to be a fan of his,personally to appreciate his movie's.Then you have those that say that he doesn't stretch the boundries enough and what I say to that is that I'm sure he would if he was given the green-light,along with the funding to do what he wan't to do but again it's a business and the powers-that-be aren't investing capital into anything that isn't going to generate money.We all know now how they generate money,they target certain group's and individual's:Teen's and white American's.once they have that established,they then decide on how,it's a comedy,drama or action.Hollywood think's so highly of you that,their remaking movie's that shouldn't be remade, atleast not until people stop watching the original first.

I would continue,but I'm done,atleast until I actually see the movie and beside's all we'er doing is promoting this movie,even by talking about it and I don't know about you but I don't get jack for promoting.Enjoy! and I hope to see some honest responce's from the people who actually went out to watch it.

But to that quote you just posted, I would tell QT to make a movie seriously depicting the trials and tribulations that slaves had to go through, not a stylized spaghetti western. I think thats the main issue
But who's going to front the millions for a movie that will make the majority of its audience feel guilty for 2 hours? Why not make a film that depicts the evils of slavery while making it entertaining for the masses? That's the genius in filmmaking. Hiding medicine in the candy.

Should catch this Wednesday evening, hopefully. Anxious to see it.

To those who saw already, how was Leo as a villain?

Last edited:
But to that quote you just posted, I would tell QT to make a movie seriously depicting the trials and tribulations that slaves had to go through, not a stylized spaghetti western. I think thats the main issue
But who's going to front the millions for a movie that will make the majority of its audience feel guilty for 2 hours? Why not make a film that depicts the evils of slavery while making it entertaining for the masses? That's the genius in filmmaking. Hiding medicine in the candy.

Steve McQueen, British director, is making 12 Years a Slave next year...it's gonna be a very serious portrayal of the time period....and it sounds like its gonna be fantastic he's a fantastic director too (Hunger, Shame) and Fassbender will be the "villiain". I don't know why we can't just take Django for what it is...I don't want to see 10 different movies where slaves are being beaten and then they try and overcome and fail, which in reality happened frequently like with Nat Turner. Django is like an action movie/dark comedy at some parts where the slave actually does get revenge on his oppressors.

Why wouldn't Spike take the umbrage to do it himself either? He certainly is more accomplished than Steve McQueen at this point, and McQueen isn't even American (fan of both directors btw) but I just don't get his critiques about it being "insulting to his ancestors".

And whoever posted about QT making an American Indian flick :wow: I actually think that would be a fantastic idea and am surprised he hasn't already...isn't he part Cherokee himself? I could see that being the possible 3rd film in the same area of Basterds, and Django....he needs to get to work on that asap...that would have more potential than the first two imo :smokin

Django Unchained is Tarantino having fun, my favorite QT film since Pulp Fiction. First half of the film is great; hilarious and sets the tone for a bloody trip through Mississippi. Starting around hour number two, the mood drastically shifts and turns Django from great film to good film. Review coming.

Last edited:
plan on cacthing the 7 oclock showing
pimp.gif

My God that was amazing! White people were so uncomfortable especially when half the audience started clapping LMAO

Lol you could tell a lot of the white people were Afraid to laugh at some of the scenes lol everyone clapped at the end though.

I can even imagine if will smith accepted the role

I agree with venom lyrix. Weinstien should've had QT cut the film into a tight 2 hour movie. It ran a little long. I loved it though, definitely one of my top 5 favorite movies this year. Loved seeing Leo as a bag guy. Samuel Jackson was good too. One thing QT can do is write dialog & great scenes with Mexican stand offs... Merry Christmas everyone...

Btw, Spile is entitled to his opinion & justified in it. I took this film as pure entertainment. Nothing more nothing less.

spike was right in his claims about Eastwood's depiction of WWII, though.

How?

At the 2008 Cannes Film Festival, Lee, who was then making Miracle at St. Anna, about an all-black U.S. division fighting in Italy during World War II, criticized director Clint Eastwood for not depicting black Marines in his own WWII film, Flags of Our Fathers. Citing historical accuracy, Eastwood responded that his film was specifically about the Marines who raised the flag on Mount Suribachi at Iwo Jima, pointing out that while black Marines did fight at Iwo Jima, the U.S. military was segregated during WWII, and none of the men who raised the flag were black. Eastwood also pointed out that his 1988 film Bird, about the Jazz musician Charlie Parker featured 90% black actors, and sarcastically said that Invictus, his then-upcoming film about post-apartheid South Africa, would not feature a white actor in the role of Nelson Mandela. He angrily said that Lee should "shut his face". Lee responded that Eastwood was acting like an "angry old man", and argued that despite making two Iwo Jima films back to back, Letters from Iwo Jima and Flags of Our Fathers, "there was not one black soldier in both of those films". He added that he and Eastwood were "not on a plantation." In fact, black Marines are seen in scenes during which the mission is outlined, as well as during the initial landings, when a wounded black Marine is carried away. During the end credits, historical photographs taken during the Battle of Iwo Jima show black Marines. Although black Marines fought in the battle, they were restricted to auxiliary roles such as ammunition supply, and were not involved in the battle's major assaults, but took part in defensive actions. Lee later claimed that the event was exaggerated by the media and that he and Eastwood had reconciled through mutual friend Steven Spielberg, culminating in his sending Eastwood a print of Miracle at St. Anna.

Will Smith on him almost playing Django -

"I came really close, it was one of the most amazing screenplays I had ever ever seen," Smith said.

"I was in the middle of Men In Black 3 and [Tarantino] was ready to go, and I just couldn't sit with him and get through the issues, so I didn't want to hold him up. That thing's going to be ridiculous. It is a genius screenplay."

Last edited:
No because as time goes on the attitude toward certain vicious events lessens. Can't possibly expect young people today to think slavery is as big of a thing as kids in the 70/80s looked at it. I mean they honestly just don't care..
Not saying it is right, just the way it is.

How do you feel about the Holocaust constantly being brought up?

I heard his character was over the top; almost too much to handle... all in a good way :lol: .

He ODed, my ribs hurt so much from laughing. :rofl:

Is it just me, or do gun shots not cause that much blood spray in real life? :rofl:

If this song doesn't win an Oscar I'll be very angry. While the film isn't perfect, the music is phenomenal. Get the soundtrack asap

so the jews got their revenge..

now african americans..

maybe we can get one with native americans, his style is unique and spike is mad he cant mess with QT's catalogue..

its disturbing that our worlds history is messed up, but it happened you cant change the fact that it happened..

i personally love tarantinos work, it gives it a raw feeling, like its just regular hitmen and drug dealers conversing..

i could see why spike would be upset, i mean i'd be pretty pissed if a white director thought about a movie empowering slaves..

Spike Lee stays salty. :smh:

"The D is silent"

Spoiler I think I just can't do it via my phone so don't read.

That one seen when he's hanging upside down, thank god my girl looked away. So she said.

Back
Top Bottom