question about bridge toll

Actually had this happen to me back in the day coming back over the Golden Gate... They made me pull over and go into the building there and they wrote down mylicense plate number and gave me a pass. At the time they told me that they let people go over it once for free every year but you had to stop and fill out theform I had to or whatever. But this was back in like 1991 so I'm sure things have changed since then, I mean the bridge toll at the time was only like$2... LOL I completely forgot about the bridge toll until after i filled up my gas tank and spent every penny on that so I could get home. LOL

I was real close to finding out one time when I gave my cousin a ride to SF. I figured he had the $4 dollars since I gave him a ride but it turned out we bothdidn't have any money between us. We ended up paying with the spare change I keep in my car right down to the nickels and pennies
laugh.gif

^^ nice. it happened to a friend once. he gave only enough for like half the toll. toll person just told him to go through and they'll bill him later...billed him for the toll violation that is.

If you have a friend that has Fast Track drive through that lane. Make sure to have your friend add you to his list on his Fast Track account and you only haveto pay him back when you have the cash.

Damn... toll is going to be crazy. And combine that with how much gas is nowadays. Makes me have second thoughts about moving back to Hercules when I get mycareer started.

just roll trough a fast track lane. the first offense they just charge you the toll, but after that they ad a fine. dont know if its the same or not, it was acouple of years ago.

Happened to me once on my way home from San Jose.
I spent like 2 minutes looking for change and came up with 75 cents....dude just said to go through.
I was expecting the bill a few weeks later, never got one. So I guess I'm home free?!

It happened to me once on the carquinez. Dude just wrote down my license plate #. Then I got a ticket in the mail for like $36.

i heard they'll give you a receipt you gotta fill out and mail with a $ amount in the mail, if you tell them you don't have cash

About two years ago I didn't have cash for toll. The person at the gate just wrote down my license plate number and gave me some info on how to pay if Idon't receive a bill in the mail. Got the bill in the mail and all they charged me was toll. No additional fees or penalties, but the again, that was thefirst and only time I had done this.

Regarding Fast Trak, my bro and I swapped cars this passed summer, so he was using his fast trak in my car. My vehicle was not registered with his FT, so Iwound up receiving tickets for "Fast Trak Evasion." I was mad p*ssed ($75 for each offense ... I received several)! However, he wound up registeringmy vehicle with his FT account, so now I don't need to pay the fines.

Back
Top Bottom