Question about Concord xi's

I was wondering how to take the soles of them. Is there a technique? i have 2 pairs and both are pretty fresh except that one has piss yellow soles cause iwore them to much.

any suggestions on how i can take the soles off to switch them with some xi lows?

Thank you !

Almost impossible. I had a super busted pair of cool greys a while back and I took the soles off, they are really glued on there good. The outsolde is gluedonto the foamy like midsole, and its really hard to get off. I had to use a box cutter and rip them off as hard as I could. Even if you do manage to get themoff, the glue is so strong it rips the midsole off with it.

Originally Posted by AJMasta

Almost impossible. I had a super busted pair of cool greys a while back and I took the soles off, they are really glued on there good. The outsolde is glued onto the foamy like midsole, and its really hard to get off. I had to use a box cutter and rip them off as hard as I could. Even if you do manage to get them off, the glue is so strong it rips the midsole off with it.
Yea ur gonna a box cutter or exacto knife to start it. Then use a glue remover and u can peel it back put more on and keep going.

i thought it would be easier..aww man.

ive seen some one on here do it..and it inspired me..now im a little worried

Originally Posted by NikesxMyFeet

from 1-10 what would be the difficulty? In doing this

9.5. I did the same to my 11 Zen lows back in the day. Its pretty hard and your almost always gonna damage the sole. Just try some sea glow. Im working onan indoor sea glow project right now with full spectrum florescent bulbs. Ill let you guys know how that turns out.

Yeah a guy did that with a pair of space jams. They turned out good but you gotta remember that the jumpman sign inside the sole is usually a different colorthat what its supposed to be (differs between colorways). Plus you risk ruining a good pair of shoes. I'd try seaglow a few times if I were you

That will be great..keep me posted on how it goes.
But i know sea glow doesn't work that good. i mean it does but i've never seen a pair sit on ice after sea glow was used.. u kno?
Like the clear clear bottom.

Maybe i'm getting greedy with icy soles. its just that they look way better on ICE u kno.

I think ima try it on a pair of fakes..my boy got some fluke ones of ebay last year and has then in his closet so ima practice on those..for the time being toget some skill working up.
The fakes are no good so why not.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Yeah a guy did that with a pair of space jams. They turned out good but you gotta remember that the jumpman sign inside the sole is usually a different color that what its supposed to be (differs between colorways). Plus you risk ruining a good pair of shoes. I'd try seaglow a few times if I were you

Wait..the jumpman on the sole is not on the CF plate?..instead on the clear sole..wow.. i didnt know that..i just learned something new

Yeah the jumpman is embedded in the sole so its impossible to change it

ap_F23_200912270404581811.jpg

Here is a link to the whole article to see what your in for if you decide to do it

http://sneakernews.com/2009/12/28/air-jordan-xi-dissected/

use sea glow on the sole....and let it creep into the soles and the sole will separate. it happened on some of my xi when i try to sea glow them. some area ofteh sole came unglued rather easily.

Originally Posted by EEntegRa

use sea glow on the sole....and let it creep into the soles and the sole will separate. it happened on some of my xi when i try to sea glow them. some area of teh sole came unglued rather easily.

^^ how long did you keep the seaglow on the soles before they started to separate? I want to use sea glow cus I heard that the only thing that'll clear outthe soles more but then you have to worry about the glue dissolving.

^^ actually its the heat from the sun that creates the sole seperation, not the sea glow

If you guys want to take apart the clear sole from the mid-sole. All you have to do is just place the shoe underneath the sun (sole facing towards the sun) forabout 30-45 mins and it'll start to come apart. start at the Carbon plate. no need for box cutters or any type of cutters.

Originally Posted by hotbutter

^^ actually its the heat from the sun that creates the sole seperation, not the sea glow
Yes but mainly on the XI remember that the cf plate absorbs heat...
grin.gif

You know there is a topic in the forum of a sole swap some guy did to his spacejams that looked pretty legit! Not an easy task but its possible. Patience iskey i believe. Ill try to find the link to that other topic and shoot it right back to you! but for now keep your hopes up! Theres still a way!!!

OG Niketalker 3thaman is a whiz at sole-swapping... ask him....

hotbutter is right the separation comes from heat moreso than the seaglow

my og concords sole was seperating by themselves so i took em off to re-glue.
they came off clean, no problems, wish i took pics of the proccess, wish i still had the shoes
frown.gif

^^^ just picked up some og concords for $200 shipped on ebay. they in nds condition but the soles are a bit yellowed. I wanna use the sea glow on them.

Originally Posted by hotbutter

Thanks man, so let me ask this then. Does it still work if I don't put the shoes in direct sunlight?

I been workin on this one shoe for a few days trying to find a technique that works best. I been using 2 full spectrum T12 size bulbs, Sea Glow, Spin Bursh(Tooth brush), and a scrubbing pad for dishes.

I think you can tell which is which. Its slower than the traditional sun method but when there's no sun, you gotta use what you can. Once I figure outwhat works best. Write a full tutorial. Feel free to ask any questions.

Back
Top Bottom