Question about how y'all afford all your shoes

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

not directed at me since i don't have kids ... save first, buy later ... allow myself to go overboard every once in a while

^^^same. I live with my girl, no kids, but I try to save as much as I can and if there are any worthy pick-ups, I'll splurge a little bit.

cause once you realize shoes are a fallacy of ones dimensional lifestyle, you realize no one gives a rats about what cha wearing... so i just rock flip flops (in the office) all day
pimp.gif

cause once you realize shoes are a fallacy of ones dimensional lifestyle, you realize no one gives a rats about what cha wearing... so i just rock flip flops (in the office) all day
pimp.gif

Man I remember if I didn't have money for a pair of kicks I would sell a pair.
To get more money I would just resell the ones I bought that were limited in stores.

Man I remember if I didn't have money for a pair of kicks I would sell a pair.
To get more money I would just resell the ones I bought that were limited in stores.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I know older people who having dress shoe habits that are twice the cost of Jordans.
hahahaha my love of sneakers has grown to encompass all types of footwear.

i dont have a dress shoe habit, but i do have several pairs of nicer dress shoes.  i can justify the purchase of $400 dress shoes more than I can a $150 pair of Nikes since I have to wear dress shoes to work everyday (cept casual fridays).  Also, I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of a couple pairs that I have.  I have one pair of Ferragamo going on 4 years now, and a pair of Bally that is 5+ year.  With the nicer quality leather, the shoes hold up fairly well, even with daily wear.  When the soles wear down, I take em to the local cobbler and have the resoled for $30-50.  $400 for a pair of shoes that last me 5 years?  Show me a pair of Nikes that will do that.

Back to OP's question.

My sneaker buying has definitely fallen off.  I have a bad habit of impulse buying, so the easiest way for me to cut back is to not look.  I stick to NT - General.  I try not to see what is releasing.  There are only a handful of retro/re-releases that I am looking for, mostly cause they remind me of my youth, or because they were an old grail that I never got.  

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I know older people who having dress shoe habits that are twice the cost of Jordans.
hahahaha my love of sneakers has grown to encompass all types of footwear.

i dont have a dress shoe habit, but i do have several pairs of nicer dress shoes.  i can justify the purchase of $400 dress shoes more than I can a $150 pair of Nikes since I have to wear dress shoes to work everyday (cept casual fridays).  Also, I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of a couple pairs that I have.  I have one pair of Ferragamo going on 4 years now, and a pair of Bally that is 5+ year.  With the nicer quality leather, the shoes hold up fairly well, even with daily wear.  When the soles wear down, I take em to the local cobbler and have the resoled for $30-50.  $400 for a pair of shoes that last me 5 years?  Show me a pair of Nikes that will do that.

Back to OP's question.

My sneaker buying has definitely fallen off.  I have a bad habit of impulse buying, so the easiest way for me to cut back is to not look.  I stick to NT - General.  I try not to see what is releasing.  There are only a handful of retro/re-releases that I am looking for, mostly cause they remind me of my youth, or because they were an old grail that I never got.  

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

op how many cars you have?

2 cars between my wife and I. Nice to know I'm not the only one who can't buy like they used to. I thought dudes here were ballin outta control. Luckily for my job I can pretty much wear whatever I want, and I hate dressing up. I only have like one pair of dress shoes. I would love to meet someone with a swoosh account, guess I'll have to hangout at my local Nike outlet a little more

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

op how many cars you have?

2 cars between my wife and I. Nice to know I'm not the only one who can't buy like they used to. I thought dudes here were ballin outta control. Luckily for my job I can pretty much wear whatever I want, and I hate dressing up. I only have like one pair of dress shoes. I would love to meet someone with a swoosh account, guess I'll have to hangout at my local Nike outlet a little more

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

the people here with their own place and kids, gave up the shoe collector lifestyle when they well.......

got their own place and kids lol.

This.  If and when I cop a pair of sneakers I'm in the Nike Outlet on 83rd and Cottage Grove nothin more nothin less. 

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

the people here with their own place and kids, gave up the shoe collector lifestyle when they well.......

got their own place and kids lol.

This.  If and when I cop a pair of sneakers I'm in the Nike Outlet on 83rd and Cottage Grove nothin more nothin less. 

i would assume that most of nt is fairly young, without families, and without many bills yet.

i would assume that most of nt is fairly young, without families, and without many bills yet.

i shop more than i should ... can't justify it even though i stay buying on sale and getting discounts ... i feel like a sucker everytime i pay retail for an item ... i thing i have noticed is you get what you pay for ... if something is cheap ... you're going to end up paying more in the long run ... but yeh ... now that i'm putting away more for a home i don't even think about jordans, etc....

i do have a dress shoe habit now though ... i get my shoes from overseas in order to save though ...

i shop more than i should ... can't justify it even though i stay buying on sale and getting discounts ... i feel like a sucker everytime i pay retail for an item ... i thing i have noticed is you get what you pay for ... if something is cheap ... you're going to end up paying more in the long run ... but yeh ... now that i'm putting away more for a home i don't even think about jordans, etc....

i do have a dress shoe habit now though ... i get my shoes from overseas in order to save though ...

well I am one of those stay with my parents cats. I also managed a foot locker so that made it way easy to cop.
It got a little out of hand when I was just buying random sneaks instead of release date shoes. I stopped when I focused more on my responsibilities (bills and savings).

Quiting also helped a lot cause it got me away from the shoes. I was like Pookie at the Carter....they would just call me!

I still got connects tho
devil.gif

well I am one of those stay with my parents cats. I also managed a foot locker so that made it way easy to cop.
It got a little out of hand when I was just buying random sneaks instead of release date shoes. I stopped when I focused more on my responsibilities (bills and savings).

Quiting also helped a lot cause it got me away from the shoes. I was like Pookie at the Carter....they would just call me!

I still got connects tho
devil.gif

I have my own place (no kids), but the reason I stopped buying as many shoes is not necessarily a money thing.  It's just a maturity thing and also that Nike just doesn't put out much that interests me anymore.

For instance.  If I was still in college, I would have been all over the neon green foams that just came out.  Now that I'm 28 years old, I could never see myself wearing them.

I have my own place (no kids), but the reason I stopped buying as many shoes is not necessarily a money thing.  It's just a maturity thing and also that Nike just doesn't put out much that interests me anymore.

For instance.  If I was still in college, I would have been all over the neon green foams that just came out.  Now that I'm 28 years old, I could never see myself wearing them.

Back
Top Bottom