Question about how y'all afford all your shoes

i buy more than i should...i am trying to save for a car, then eventually a condo...i moved back home and have a FT job that pays pretty decent, so at times i buy more than i really should...2 pairs of playoffs, penny foams, entourages, cement iiis...but im becoming more picky with what i get, and dont just buy anymore just because a new shoe is out...im trying to stay to finishing up getting my grails, then i think ill be done with the shoe game...too much money invested for nothing really...

i buy more than i should...i am trying to save for a car, then eventually a condo...i moved back home and have a FT job that pays pretty decent, so at times i buy more than i really should...2 pairs of playoffs, penny foams, entourages, cement iiis...but im becoming more picky with what i get, and dont just buy anymore just because a new shoe is out...im trying to stay to finishing up getting my grails, then i think ill be done with the shoe game...too much money invested for nothing really...

killa couch wrote:
And some people on here just have really good jobs...I for one invest and have a pretty good paying job ...but i not married nor do i have kids

im in the same boat but the only thing is that i have a wife, three kids 11,8 and 6 plus a house payment, bills, car payment and i was the only one working until recently my wife got a job. i buy myself shoes all the time but only the ones i like. 

killa couch wrote:
And some people on here just have really good jobs...I for one invest and have a pretty good paying job ...but i not married nor do i have kids

im in the same boat but the only thing is that i have a wife, three kids 11,8 and 6 plus a house payment, bills, car payment and i was the only one working until recently my wife got a job. i buy myself shoes all the time but only the ones i like. 

Each person's situation is different. 
As a parent it's just more rewarding for me put new sneakers on my kids feet, instead of buying them for myself.

Each person's situation is different. 
As a parent it's just more rewarding for me put new sneakers on my kids feet, instead of buying them for myself.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i shop more than i should ... can't justify it even though i stay buying on sale and getting discounts ... i feel like a sucker everytime i pay retail for an item ... i thing i have noticed is you get what you pay for ... if something is cheap ... you're going to end up paying more in the long run ... but yeh ... now that i'm putting away more for a home i don't even think about jordans, etc....

i do have a dress shoe habit now though ... i get my shoes from overseas in order to save though ...

overseas?  care to point me in the right direction?

the wife and i were in Florence, IT shopping at the Ferragamo outlet thinking we were gettin DEALS.  Problem is, after the currency conversion rate, the hassle of going through VAT reimbursement, and having to physically lug back an extra case bag full of purchased goods, it turns out that we wouldnt have saved much (if any at all) compared to waiting for the annual sale at Nordstroms.  SMH.

Where you getting good buys on legit reputable designer dress shoes at cut prices?  Hook an NT brother up.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i shop more than i should ... can't justify it even though i stay buying on sale and getting discounts ... i feel like a sucker everytime i pay retail for an item ... i thing i have noticed is you get what you pay for ... if something is cheap ... you're going to end up paying more in the long run ... but yeh ... now that i'm putting away more for a home i don't even think about jordans, etc....

i do have a dress shoe habit now though ... i get my shoes from overseas in order to save though ...

overseas?  care to point me in the right direction?

the wife and i were in Florence, IT shopping at the Ferragamo outlet thinking we were gettin DEALS.  Problem is, after the currency conversion rate, the hassle of going through VAT reimbursement, and having to physically lug back an extra case bag full of purchased goods, it turns out that we wouldnt have saved much (if any at all) compared to waiting for the annual sale at Nordstroms.  SMH.

Where you getting good buys on legit reputable designer dress shoes at cut prices?  Hook an NT brother up.
happy.gif

Yea u pretty much stop once the babies come, but like everyone said I only did it when I had NO bills no I got car insurance cc and all this other stuff smh I wish I was still 19

Yea u pretty much stop once the babies come, but like everyone said I only did it when I had NO bills no I got car insurance cc and all this other stuff smh I wish I was still 19

Many fall into the hype. i seen a dude on another shoe forum that had every hot release......yeezy's, foams, j's, ect.... but in the background it looked like he lived in a dirty shack. Im thinkin...... "How you gonna take a female back to this shack and be like but i got all the new kicks though" ? Get the eff outta here son!! PPL just step back and re-evaluate things sometimes

Many fall into the hype. i seen a dude on another shoe forum that had every hot release......yeezy's, foams, j's, ect.... but in the background it looked like he lived in a dirty shack. Im thinkin...... "How you gonna take a female back to this shack and be like but i got all the new kicks though" ? Get the eff outta here son!! PPL just step back and re-evaluate things sometimes

I thought senior computer programmers make lots of $. I'm a programmer as well and I only buy kicks that I like. So far this year I bought only 2 (WC IIIs and Playoff XIIIs). Only looking forward to the True blue IIIs, Black cement IIs, and Concord XI. My wife and I are saving $ for our childs education and eventually our own place.

I thought senior computer programmers make lots of $. I'm a programmer as well and I only buy kicks that I like. So far this year I bought only 2 (WC IIIs and Playoff XIIIs). Only looking forward to the True blue IIIs, Black cement IIs, and Concord XI. My wife and I are saving $ for our childs education and eventually our own place.

I gotta a good payin job.....and a kid
Wat I get he gets.
Whoever says that "once u have kids u stop coppin" or the age old "maturity" excuse is wrong. Its all about priorities, and mines are in check. I only have so many more kicks to cop, then I'm done.........I think

I gotta a good payin job.....and a kid
Wat I get he gets.
Whoever says that "once u have kids u stop coppin" or the age old "maturity" excuse is wrong. Its all about priorities, and mines are in check. I only have so many more kicks to cop, then I'm done.........I think

my boy says his brother will ALWAYS find some minor flaw like stitching or something when he cops jays at champs or the like and the manager will give him a discount cuz of it

my boy says his brother will ALWAYS find some minor flaw like stitching or something when he cops jays at champs or the like and the manager will give him a discount cuz of it

My first job out of college I was making 50K while paying $500 a month for rent. Needless to say I had a lot of shoe money.

Now I got a lot more expenses but once I rent out my house, I'll have plenty of disposable income. I'll stack most of it but yeah I probably could pick up a new pair of kicks each month.

My first job out of college I was making 50K while paying $500 a month for rent. Needless to say I had a lot of shoe money.

Now I got a lot more expenses but once I rent out my house, I'll have plenty of disposable income. I'll stack most of it but yeah I probably could pick up a new pair of kicks each month.

I still like Jordans and Nikes like I always have. The only thing that changed is I have more important things to pay for at the moment atm and my style is a bit more casual which doesn't match athletic shoes very well.

Back
Top Bottom