Question about how y'all afford all your shoes

This is mostly aimed at the ladies and gentleman that have their own place and kids. I used to be deep off in the shoe game coming up. When I was livin with moms and working I had all kinds of disposable income to buy shoes with. Once I got married, bought a house, and had my lil girl, everything got real...real fast. I buy a pair here and there but nothing like I used to. Then I got look around the "pickup" thread and y'all be goin in on the buying. Im just curious as to how y'all fit all the kicks in your budget. I have a pretty good job (senior computer programmer). But after the mortgage, cars, and other bills my money gets straight munched up. So enlighten me, because I see so much stuff I want and constantly have to pass. It gets frustrating.

This is mostly aimed at the ladies and gentleman that have their own place and kids. I used to be deep off in the shoe game coming up. When I was livin with moms and working I had all kinds of disposable income to buy shoes with. Once I got married, bought a house, and had my lil girl, everything got real...real fast. I buy a pair here and there but nothing like I used to. Then I got look around the "pickup" thread and y'all be goin in on the buying. Im just curious as to how y'all fit all the kicks in your budget. I have a pretty good job (senior computer programmer). But after the mortgage, cars, and other bills my money gets straight munched up. So enlighten me, because I see so much stuff I want and constantly have to pass. It gets frustrating.

the people here with their own place and kids, gave up the shoe collector lifestyle when they well.......

got their own place and kids lol.

the people here with their own place and kids, gave up the shoe collector lifestyle when they well.......

right...

its alot of "still live at home" "student" and "credit card baller" dudes on here...

don't believe the hype.

right...

its alot of "still live at home" "student" and "credit card baller" dudes on here...

don't believe the hype.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Truth. I'm out the shoe game and saving for a house for me and my soon to be wife, don't even have kids yet. Priorities.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Truth. I'm out the shoe game and saving for a house for me and my soon to be wife, don't even have kids yet. Priorities.

And some people on here just have really good jobs...I for one invest and have a pretty good paying job ...but i not married nor do i have kids

And some people on here just have really good jobs...I for one invest and have a pretty good paying job ...but i not married nor do i have kids

Originally Posted by MisterMidnite

Chances are that most of them are living in an emerald city and trying to keep up with the Jones'.

Originally Posted by MisterMidnite

Chances are that most of them are living in an emerald city and trying to keep up with the Jones'.

I'm a college student and I get a set amount of money from my parents a month for food gas and other expenses. I ride the bus to avoid paying gas and I cut back on eating out at restaurants. That saved money + I got a job reffing intramural basketball games at the rec center = shoe money

I'm a college student and I get a set amount of money from my parents a month for food gas and other expenses. I ride the bus to avoid paying gas and I cut back on eating out at restaurants. That saved money + I got a job reffing intramural basketball games at the rec center = shoe money

not directed at me since i don't have kids ... save first, buy later ... allow myself to go overboard every once in a while

not directed at me since i don't have kids ... save first, buy later ... allow myself to go overboard every once in a while

I GOT A HOUSE, WIFE, 2 KIDS, 2 CARS, AND A CRAZY SNEAKER FIX...AND MY DAUGHTERS ARE GETTING INTO THE GAME NOW...

HERE'S MY ADVICE...GOT TO A FOOTLOCKER AND/OR NIKETOWN OR OUTLET...TROLL AROUND MAKE FRIENDS WHO BECOME CONNECTIONS...THEN ASK THEM FOR A DISCOUNT HERE OR THERE...OFFER SOME CHANGE...DONT BE STINGY...IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL SAVE EVEN THOUGH YOU SPEND..

AS OF NOW I ONLY BUY STUFF ON THE 50...OR IF SWOOSH GOT THAT CLEARANCE SALE...IF I GOTTA GET SOMETHING ON THE 30 THEN THAT IS FINE...BUT IF I GOTTA DO RETAIL I'LL PASS...

A LIL FLIRTING ISN'T GONNA HURT AND IF WIFEY COMPLAINS BUY HER A PAIR OF KICKS...

I GOT A HOUSE, WIFE, 2 KIDS, 2 CARS, AND A CRAZY SNEAKER FIX...AND MY DAUGHTERS ARE GETTING INTO THE GAME NOW...

HERE'S MY ADVICE...GOT TO A FOOTLOCKER AND/OR NIKETOWN OR OUTLET...TROLL AROUND MAKE FRIENDS WHO BECOME CONNECTIONS...THEN ASK THEM FOR A DISCOUNT HERE OR THERE...OFFER SOME CHANGE...DONT BE STINGY...IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL SAVE EVEN THOUGH YOU SPEND..

AS OF NOW I ONLY BUY STUFF ON THE 50...OR IF SWOOSH GOT THAT CLEARANCE SALE...IF I GOTTA GET SOMETHING ON THE 30 THEN THAT IS FINE...BUT IF I GOTTA DO RETAIL I'LL PASS...

A LIL FLIRTING ISN'T GONNA HURT AND IF WIFEY COMPLAINS BUY HER A PAIR OF KICKS...

i get it in like omar

PAUSE

im a student moochin off my parents atm
in between jobs. hopefully

i get it in like omar

PAUSE

im a student moochin off my parents atm
in between jobs. hopefully

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

^^^same. I live with my girl, no kids, but I try to save as much as I can and if there are any worthy pick-ups, I'll splurge a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom