Question for my dudes in Texas

So I'm here visiting some friends and have been going out everyday this week. Then last night, some doughboy at a bar wouldn't let me in because hesaid the state of Texas doesn't allow people in with out of state ID's. It wasn't a big deal but the dude really pissed me off and I said somethings I probably shouldn't have. Anyways, is there any validity to what he said?

ive just heard of it being like that at gas stations, never at a bar. like if u try to buy beer at the gas station they say that $*!@, which is ridiculousbecause what if ur not form here, or your in the military (which is like 30%) of the population in this state. its all because of TABC, theyre the biggest%@+%+ about alcohol consumption

i used to work as a bouncer at a club the only way the can not let you in is if the id you show is from mexico or out of the states ..as long as its frm thestates it shouldve been all good.

The most I've seen any place in Austin do is have to get approval from a manager for out-of-state IDs. (at Plucker's, a restaurant). All the clubs/barsI've been to have no problem.

most bars/clubs in austin will let in with one unless they just really dont know. some id's different from texas ones look really off and there is reallyno way to tell. Alot of places protect themselves by not letting these people in, becuase yes TABC is really stupid in downtown austin.... better safe thansorry

bullshhhhhh%%% dat dnt mke any sense at all to me.... but !!!!!!
never knew dat

Back
Top Bottom