question for "The Wire" heads...

I swear I hated Bubbles. I feel like the Omar situation could've carried on for a little longer.

I was hurt when Bodies boy Little Man got put in the back of the truck. I know dude aint have a major role but the look on his face when he knew what was gon happen
30t6p3b.gif

I swear I hated Bubbles. I feel like the Omar situation could've carried on for a little longer.

I was hurt when Bodies boy Little Man got put in the back of the truck. I know dude aint have a major role but the look on his face when he knew what was gon happen
30t6p3b.gif

lol... i aint gonna front it was some wack parts, like how they tried to make omar batman
laugh.gif

little dude did push his wig back tho

lol... i aint gonna front it was some wack parts, like how they tried to make omar batman
laugh.gif

little dude did push his wig back tho

Since this thread popped up I've started watching the series again. Only on season 1. Got my girl turned onto it now. I have to say Mike and probably Chris is my favorite characters.

Since this thread popped up I've started watching the series again. Only on season 1. Got my girl turned onto it now. I have to say Mike and probably Chris is my favorite characters.

Originally Posted by BIG JUGG SHAWTY

laugh.gif

- *sighs* shut up......

- the character Omar Little was based off a few different stick up boys (one actually was gay). the most prominent was Donnie Andrews who made that jump from the sixth floor and not just the fourth floor as portrayed on the show.

....from an interview with David Simon:

So out of all these people, did you pick and choose traits and stories from their realities for Omar? For instance, Omar carries a shotgun. He’s gay. He’s got all these really great characterizations.
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Listen, when he jumps out the window during that shootout, that was something Donnie Andrews actually did. He jumped out of the sixth floor of the Murphy Homes when he was caught in an ambush and out of ammunition. Did he think about it? No, but he did it and he survived and he was able to limp away. It happened. He also jumped off the Poplar Grove rail bridge another time. It’s legend. There are people who will tell you about it in West Baltimore other than Donnie. It’s not just something he’s making up. If you make that jump, you’re dead. If I make that jump, I’m a puddle on the ground.[/color]

But he did it.
He needed to make the jump and he wasn’t gonna die that time.

I love that Omar’s jump was based on a real story, because that was one of the things in the series where people were like, “Ah, that would never happen. He’d be dead.

laugh.gif

- *sighs* shut up......

- the character Omar Little was based off a few different stick up boys (one actually was gay). the most prominent was Donnie Andrews who made that jump from the sixth floor and not just the fourth floor as portrayed on the show.

....from an interview with David Simon:

So out of all these people, did you pick and choose traits and stories from their realities for Omar? For instance, Omar carries a shotgun. He’s gay. He’s got all these really great characterizations.
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Listen, when he jumps out the window during that shootout, that was something Donnie Andrews actually did. He jumped out of the sixth floor of the Murphy Homes when he was caught in an ambush and out of ammunition. Did he think about it? No, but he did it and he survived and he was able to limp away. It happened. He also jumped off the Poplar Grove rail bridge another time. It’s legend. There are people who will tell you about it in West Baltimore other than Donnie. It’s not just something he’s making up. If you make that jump, you’re dead. If I make that jump, I’m a puddle on the ground.[/color]

But he did it.
He needed to make the jump and he wasn’t gonna die that time.

I love that Omar’s jump was based on a real story, because that was one of the things in the series where people were like, “Ah, that would never happen. He’d be dead.

Originally Posted by CreekShow

Yo what the hell is wrong with you eight2one? We got ppl in here saying the are watching the sopranos and you come and say some dumb %@%+ like that in a thread about the wire? I wish I knew who you were so I could slap your dumb %$%.

And ya im mad im on the last season of the sopranos as we speak. SMH

laugh.gif
U mad?? and you wouldnt do a damn thing if you knew me.....

Its not like the season ended last week, the show been off the air for years, soo thats YOUR problem
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CreekShow

Yo what the hell is wrong with you eight2one? We got ppl in here saying the are watching the sopranos and you come and say some dumb %@%+ like that in a thread about the wire? I wish I knew who you were so I could slap your dumb %$%.

And ya im mad im on the last season of the sopranos as we speak. SMH

laugh.gif
U mad?? and you wouldnt do a damn thing if you knew me.....

Its not like the season ended last week, the show been off the air for years, soo thats YOUR problem
grin.gif

I've been rewatching the season since I made this thread.
I could hardly stand to watch the %**% unfold with Herc and how he messed up things for Randy 
mad.gif

I realized that what hit me hardest throughout the series was not the deaths of the beloved characters

but the ones that are still stuck in it, Randy, Dookie, Bug, Donut, Bubs, even Naymond's pitiful mother

I find myself wondering or worrying what they're up to as if they were real people, but in a sense they are

because situations like this are happening as we speak.
frown.gif

I've been rewatching the season since I made this thread.
I could hardly stand to watch the %**% unfold with Herc and how he messed up things for Randy 
mad.gif

I realized that what hit me hardest throughout the series was not the deaths of the beloved characters

but the ones that are still stuck in it, Randy, Dookie, Bug, Donut, Bubs, even Naymond's pitiful mother

I find myself wondering or worrying what they're up to as if they were real people, but in a sense they are

frown.gif

The 101 is on the fourth episode of season 3(my favorite).

Marlo- "I wan't you to go back and tell your boys to pack up and leave. I'm being a gentlemen about it. For now.

The 101 is on the fourth episode of season 3(my favorite).

Marlo- "I wan't you to go back and tell your boys to pack up and leave. I'm being a gentlemen about it. For now.

Sometimes I couldnt stand Marlo and some of them moves he pulled off
30t6p3b.gif
but I think it's because I liked Avon so much and was used to seeing how he carried his business, plus Avon was already established so we didnt get to see how he did things when he was trying to make a name for himself.

Randy, Dookie, Bug, Donut, Bubs, even Naymond's pitiful mother

frown.gif

Truth, it's a sad cycle
tired.gif

Miss Duquette...lookin' like Roxy Reynolds
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Sometimes I couldnt stand Marlo and some of them moves he pulled off
30t6p3b.gif
but I think it's because I liked Avon so much and was used to seeing how he carried his business, plus Avon was already established so we didnt get to see how he did things when he was trying to make a name for himself.

Randy, Dookie, Bug, Donut, Bubs, even Naymond's pitiful mother

frown.gif

Truth, it's a sad cycle
tired.gif

Miss Duquette...lookin' like Roxy Reynolds
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

i loved season 2 it was all about the connect, import and transport,  f  the circus the wire was the best show on earth
pimp.gif

season 1 intro
season 2 the connect
season 3 the bust
season 4 the new breed
season 5 the heart break/end
season 1 The Streets / Drugs
season 2 The Connect / Baltimore Port / Smuggling Operation / Greeks / Stevedoers
season 3 The Politics / Big drug bust / Money Trail
season 4 School System / New Kids / New king of Baltimore Drug trade
season 5 The Newspaper / All good things must come to an end

i loved season 2 it was all about the connect, import and transport,  f  the circus the wire was the best show on earth
pimp.gif

season 1 intro
season 2 the connect
season 3 the bust
season 4 the new breed
season 5 the heart break/end
season 1 The Streets / Drugs
season 2 The Connect / Baltimore Port / Smuggling Operation / Greeks / Stevedoers
season 3 The Politics / Big drug bust / Money Trail
season 4 School System / New Kids / New king of Baltimore Drug trade
season 5 The Newspaper / All good things must come to an end

Originally Posted by Chrisb9393

Originally Posted by Squalie413

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Dukie= Bubbles
Michael= Omar
Nay= D'angelo (but he was lucky by meeting Bunny)
Randy= that fat guy that had the connect wit the drugs

Prop joe.
I could see Randy being a Stringer also.  After re watching, seems like Stringer might have had a pretty fair upbringing similar to Randy.
He was more into the business of it all rather than the power and a name like Avon. I could see Randy being easily drawn to the lifestyle even though he seems to know better he was very naive.

I also had to re-evalute my opinion of Naymond.  Most people view him as soft, which for the most part he was, but with how powerful his father was, he was most likely shielded from that whole environment until Weebay went away and his mother started pushing him out there out of tradition and her own greed, when it was never his nature to begin with...

Back
Top Bottom