quick ebay question thanks

mandown91

Banned
ok when selling an item on ebay i know they take out fees, but what im asking is that if you set the shipping at a high price do,  do you get like the whole $205 wired to your paypal account... if the item was $5 plus 200 shipping, just asking and thanks

okay so if i sell some foams on ebay then i should go ahead and set the shipping high right?? to maximize profit??

I don't think you can set the shipping high anymore, I know they were talking about getting rid of that option.  You can edit the invoice after the auction is over and add however much in the shipping box.  

Yes you will get the full amount wired to your paypal.  I know sometime next year they will start charging fees on the total amount including the shipping cost so save money while you still can. 

ebay charges fees on the item and on the shipping price now, so setting the shipping extra high and the item low wont save you anything

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

ebay charges fees on the item and on the shipping price now, so setting the shipping extra high and the item low wont save you anything
Op- what you stated used to be the trick but eBay found out so it doesn't make a difference how much you set shipping as anymore.

are you sure about that?? i think you might be right because if you select "other" categories, you can set the shipping high.... but not in "mens shoes" category???....  so anyone know?

Originally Posted by mandown91

are you sure about that?? i think you might be right because if you select "other" categories, you can set the shipping high.... but not in "mens shoes" category???....  so anyone know?
It doesn't matter WHICH category you list the item in... Ebay final value fees are assessed based on the total sale price of the item (which includes shipping fees).

You can set the shipping high if you want (if it will actually let you)... but you will still get charged for the whole sale price.  So, you might as well list it a "normal" price with "normal" shipping to get the most views/possible customers/bidders.

Back
Top Bottom