Quitting Cigarettes Vol: Ecigs?

Not sure how many NTers smoke on here, but I'm sure from past threads that it was fairly looked down on upon here.

Anywho, I've been cigarette free for about 38 days now.. but I feel like I'm cheating a bit because I'm using an Ecig which still gives me a small fix of nicotine, but does not have the added carcinogens or toxins that regular cigarettes do.

Has anyone tried to quit like this? if so, how was your experience? Or am I just wasting my time only to still be addicted to this damn habit.

I'm using the Logic Platinum Menthol brand and haven't had a 'real' cig in that span, so I kind of feel elated in that sense.. but still can't fight the urge to not pick up the ecig and do the whole hand to mouth motion.

If anyone has some feedback on ecigs or quitting in general, it would be greatly appreciated!

#vapelife

been seeing people get into 'vapes' lately in socal.

i've never smoked cigs but these vapes are like portable hookahs. i'm not entirely sure how it works, but my friends say its flavored nicotine? look into it, OP.

Last edited:
I use an ecig because I used to take way too many smoke breaks at work. I now take two smoke breaks instead of like five (I can "smoke" the ecig inside at my cubicle). I've noticed that it doesn't really replace a stoge for me, but I have been smoking less due to using it. I went from about a half pack a day to maybe 6 or so per day. The ecigs are really nice for places like airports where I'm waiting around for a few hours and not able to have a cig.

Last edited:
I usually don't get flavored because I always smoked Newports and was trying to kick the habit but still get the fix... so I haven't ventured into different flavors. I slowly wanna ween off, I'm at 24mgs and have been since I started, want to cut down to 16, then hopefully 0mgs and just get water vapor with no nic.

I use an ecig because I used to take way too many smoke breaks at work. I now take two smoke breaks instead of like five (I can "smoke" the ecig inside at my cubicle). I've noticed that it doesn't really replace a stoge for me, but I have been smoking less due to using it. I went from about a half pack a day to maybe 6 or so per day. The ecigs are really nice for places like airports where I'm waiting around for a few hours and not able to have a cig.

I definitely think it's a better alternative, the only thing is I'm not sure if it's really replacing the actual cig for me or not. I don't know if it's really a good way to quit or if when I'll stop, I'll be urged to smoke again and I'm just prolonging the nicotine withdrawal since I'm getting nicotine from the Ecig.

#vapelife

been seeing people get into 'vapes' lately in socal.

i've never smoked cigs but these vapes are like portable hookahs. i'm not entirely sure how it works, but my friends say its flavored nicotine? look into it, OP.

All my friends are getting into this now. Like you said it's portable hookah. Most of them stopped buying cigarettes.

I definitely think it's a better alternative, the only thing is I'm not sure if it's really replacing the actual cig for me or not. I don't know if it's really a good way to quit or if when I'll stop, I'll be urged to smoke again and I'm just prolonging the nicotine withdrawal since I'm getting nicotine from the Ecig.
Yeah, that's my issue. It definitely curbs the craving for nicotine for me, but I love everything about smoking a cig so much that they haven't been able to make me completely quit smoking real cigs. I don't really know the ratio of nicotine between an ecig and a regular cig, though.

I compare it to Suboxone for opiate addicts. It's not gonna make you completely want to stop using, but it's a much safer way to get off them when ready to kick for good. Baby steps when kicking something as addictive as smoking.

Last edited:
Definitely agree... I really liked your comparison to the Suboxone, it's very much true in point. I've been on that as well, but when I was ready to let Ops go for good, I didn't look back and sub's really helped with that.

Haven't touched a cigarette since being introduced to "Vaping" You just gonna get the right flavor to satisfy your needs. I was a pack of Reds a day so that flavor juice would have no effect. Im using 36mgs Tobacco Flavor.

Props!!!

Sorry for the derail, but Suboxone really is a miracle drug. Subs helped me so much, man. It's really encouraging to hear people kicking opiates and staying clean (I'm a recovering OC/ h addict). Most of us don't make it, bro.

But I do really think the ecigs help in a similar way to Subs. You still wanna use, but you don't feel like you have to use. Such a big difference to me.

Last edited:
Been Tryna quit for a minute now. Longest I went was 20 days in December then right back smh. A pack usually lasts me 3-4 days. I tried the e cig but got a cheap one. It died in 2 days. Smh

I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey last August and I haven't had a cigarette since. I could no longer ignore the negative health effects and smoking really made me feel awful. 

^ I feel you man. I been breathing hard walking across campus smh. It's just so satisfying early in the am and after a meal. When I can't spark up what I really wanna smoke lol

For me, it's been more of the habit of smoking rather than the nicotine addiction. Smoked for about 6 years and in July I just decided to go cold turkey. The vapes definitely do help in my opinion but I don't want to start with vapes because I think I'll just get addicted to those too. I smoke the vape here and there whenever my friend brings his but I feel so much healthier and it just feels good to not smoke anymore. The cigarette urge when drinking still hits me though :/

tired.gif
 like everyone else, i'm in love with the routine, I  want to try e-cigs though

Yeah, drinking is the toughest part for me as well.. out at night or at home just having a few cold ones... i really get the urge to. I mean, i've already come a month and some change, so I always hold back whenever I drink just to not get derailed on it.

Definitely look into it Serve, it's working for me and I'm sure if you want it to work for you, as cliche as it sounds.. you have to want to stop for it to help.

an dee -- definitely man, thanks for kind words. it definitely wasn't easy and I relapsed a few times.. but in the end it really was a miracle drug. subs gave me a bit of *that* feeling, nowhere close to as powerful as 80's were.. but it did it's job for whenever I needed them. Slowly got off them and I'm glad, that **** caused such a downward spiral, I'm just glad I got out before it was too late. I think we've had this convo before as well, I'm glad you're still on track :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom