R.I.P. Jose Lima (1972-2010)

Damn really?

I'll always remember the dude because he showed so much emotion on the mound.

Lima Time
pimp.gif

RIP.

wow cant believe it....it was fun seeing here on the dodgers..he always had so much energy and emotion.

Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaattttt.

Noooo, my dude Lima. Always had fun out there.

R.I.P.

sad, i used to hate the dude and all the lima time stuff, R.I.P to the man regardless. way to young to die ......

Last I had heard of him was his wife asked Deadspin to look for him so he could pay his child support or something.

RIP. 
frown.gif

I found an old pic from 2005, when I went to visit LA...Dodgers were playing Kansas City that night and Jose Lima, as a member of the Royals, sung the National Anthem
pimp.gif

2hgv2tf.jpg

Damn! I had the pleasure to meet the guy in Miami. One of the most down to earth person you would ever meet.

R.I.P JOSE
frown.gif

[h1]Lima, 37, died of heart attack, wife says[/h1]
By Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com

NEW YORK -- Former All-Star right-hander Jose Lima died Sunday morning at his home in Los Angeles at the age of 37.

The cause of death was ruled a heart attack, according to his wife, Dorca Astacio.

"Jose was complaining while sleeping and I just thought he was having a nightmare," Astacio told ESPNdeportes.com. "I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him."

Lima was 89-102 in 13 seasons with the Detroit Tigers, Houston Astros, Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Mets.

He was selected to the All-Star Game with Houston in 1999, when he won a career-high 21 games.

Lima didn't return to the major leagues after being released by the Mets in 2006, when he went 0-4 in four games pitched.

Last winter, Lima played for the Aguilas Cibaenas in the Dominican Republic and had announced plans to do the same in the upcoming season

Back
Top Bottom