R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

s
nah man they got no respect... TMZ broke the story first before kobe family even know he passed.... they found out like everyone else he died smh...talk about disrespect
seriously it was disgusting the way it leaked. people just sending random twitter and ig posts. shouldve been confidential and consent from officials before Kobe's passing. the way he passed away was the absurd part especially when he's been taking the helicopter for decades around LA to and from games / practice.

let the bryant family know the news first.... then break it out for the public... its kinda like a player being traded to another team... he aint know he was traded he found out on espn just like everyone else... but this is someones death which made it worse... this is my opinion that is all
I def understand the emotion around this, been tearing up all day, but i'm not going to dig into TMZ for doing exactly what they do. If what they do is really an issue outside of just this then people need to speak up more than just now.

**** is too surreal, just a reminder to live life to the fullest. Hug your children and dont take anything for granted. Moments like this make you think internally. He was 41, gianna 13. I'm 39 and my daughter is 11. Better believe I'll be holding my hugging my daughter a little longer before bed tonight

Never knew how much this could hurt but I don’t think I cried this much when my own grandma passed. When that happened I had to be strong to support my family, and I took solace in knowing her story was complete. Kobe was just getting started on book 2.

We all lost someone to look up to, for excellence in our own crafts and a model for personal growth, change, and fatherhood. Let’s let his example live on through us.
I swear i thought the same thing. When my grandma passed i got the news at work and i was shook but made myself stay at work. I legit thought about taking the rest of the day off today but i didn't bc i didn't go home after y Grandma passed. Crazy bc i know Kobe never knew i existed but i had so much energy invested into him over the years.

Thought I could never be saddened or emotionally devastated by the passing of a celebrity I've never met or knew on a personal level. Damn I was wrong!

The impact this has and will have on his family, friends and the sports community definitely makes this one sting.

I'm glad Kobe did his whole farewell tour. At the time it seemed rather self-indulgent for him to me an entire season of basketball about him I remember him catching some flack for it. In retrospect it was a great move. Fans from around the country got to see him play one last time and those who knew him got the opportunity to pay tribute to him in person.

We can cherish all those tribute videos and jersey swaps. people say it all the time but people don't do a very good job of giving others flowers while they're alive. We always wait until they died to show the outpouring of love. I'm glad it Kobe got to experience that before he died.

I think it's easy to assume you're going to have a lot of time to spend with your loved ones. As an adult, life can become a mundane routine and it's easy to put things off for later because you assume you'll have time later. Events like this show that nothing is guaranteed. I spoke with my mom today and just told her I loved her, did the same thing with my brothers. Those of you guys with kids, hug them until damn you love them. You never know when it's your time. Cherish every moment

What? Who did this?
I’m seriously considering taking a break from social media. People are just too much sometimes man.

I'm not letting that video get any legs. Not sharing the link, not even gonna say that clown's name.

He doesn't deserve any notoriety.

I def understand the emotion around this, been tearing up all day, but i'm not going to dig into TMZ for doing exactly what they do. If what they do is really an issue outside of just this then people need to speak up more than just now.

I think it was also TMZ who mugged Lauren London at the hospital as she was walking in to see Nip :smh:

2BE4D94D-C31E-4A10-9006-0E2BDAD40508.jpeg

Evan Rachel Wood, the actress, tweeted some BS right after he passed too.

Recommend staying away from that side of twitter. They want attention bad.

He's taken that same helicopter for years. I genuinely wonder what caused it to crash.

I’ve been at a loss for words today. Like this is too hard to accept and comprehend and take in right now.

I was 11 when he got drafted. I remember his rookie season going hard begging my pops to get me his topps finest rookie card for Christmas in 96. Watching the 3 peat team, and just growing up as a kid with him being my favorite NBA player. Watching 09 and 2010, and seeing him still ball out. Seeing him get hurt in 2013 after damn near willing that 12-13 team to the playoffs to watching his last games as a 30 year old. I flew out to Utah in late March 2016 to catch them in Salt Lake City because ticket to the last few games at Staples were far too expensive for me, I watched that last game at some bar in NYC and the place went absolutely nuts as 40 turned into 50, and 50 turned into 60. This dude was a huge part of my life from an 11 year old middle school kid up until a grown man in my 30’s. I took my oldest son to see him play and we watched those Laker teams together. Like this legit hurts on so many levels man. I’m sure anyone else like me who grew up in Los Angeles or Southern California thats in or around my age group has a similar sentiment.

His daughter being on that helicopter. I can’t imagine how his family is feeling right now. His wife lost her husband and daughter. His other daughters lost their father and sister. The other people on that helicopter as well. It’s so tragic man. Any of us, we can be here, living life one day and the next it’s gone. It puts a lot of **** into perspective. I know kobe and his family didn’t have the best of relationship. But I hope they patched things up or improved things because I know his parents and sister have to be going through it right now too.

This one is going to hurt for a while. It’s going to feel weird going to Staples Center next weekend for me. Had LA Kings tickets for saturdays game. But seeing those numbers retired and knowing how much of his career and prime of his life was at Staples Center. It’s going to hit hard.

Back
Top Bottom