R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

sigh, I remembered that I had a handful of Kobe t-shirts still at my desk from when he hung them up, the Mamba Out t-shirt hits a little too hard to deal with, forgot I had picked up this one though
image_from_ios.jpg

was sad yesterday cuz of the Kobe news so was drinking last night.... ended up oversleeping and came in to work late 2 hours lol... a day later still upset about Kobe passing

It was a super weird energy around my house and others yesterday also. We usually go to church, have sex in the afternoon and watch some of our favorite shows on Sundays but we weren’t in the mood for anything.

We cooked dinner and didn’t even touch it, Just were in a haze. Not even thinking about Super Bowl plans, just no juice right now

I went out for lunch with my parents and my best friend. My parents are now in their 60's and we're both in our early 30's. Anyways, we were just talking about how life comes at you so fast and you just don't know what might happen but to be a good person and leave a good legacy for the people who will come across your life.

While we were eating, Kobe was gone. RIP

Had a rough day yesterday. My only aunt ended up in the ICU yesterday. We waited for hours while they were tending to her, and before we were allowed to see her to essentially say our goodbyes, the the Kobe news popped up on Twitter... that was punch in the gut in the middle of everything.

I got the call from my cousin early last night that she had passed.

I am just 100% sad right now.

Usually lift on weekdays before work but I was on the court at my 24 getting some shots up!!!! Can only imagine everyone that is going to come out for pick up this weekend

Still don’t know how to process all this. Still had tears this morning

Everybody is down at work. Sitting here at my desk watching highlights with sweaty eyeballs.

I fell asleep mad early with my 11 year old daughter laying with me last night. Woke up thinking I dreamed everything.

**** hurts man :smh: we love you Bean

Yesterday was tough. I coach High School Basketball as well as my fourth grade son's team. You wouldn't believe how kids 15-17 years old viewed Kobe. They'd hear me talk about him but talking to them yesterday tore me up.

Then to coach my son last night was tough, he's a basketball junkie! Literally all he wants to do. He can play a bit in my opinion, before we tip yesterday he comes over to me and says, "I'm going to shot fake, reverse pivot and shoot it like Kobe first time down the floor." I literally started to get emotional. The kid goes and does it!!! Somehow he banks it in.

At the half, the coach and I from the other team are at the scoreers table and he says. "I don't know if that kid knows that's a kobe move but I thought that was pretty sweet." Made my night.

Yesterday was tough. I coach High School Basketball as well as my fourth grade son's team. You wouldn't believe how kids 15-17 years old viewed Kobe. They'd hear me talk about him but talking to them yesterday tore me up.

Then to coach my son last night was tough, he's a basketball junkie! Literally all he wants to do. He can play a bit in my opinion, before we tip yesterday he comes over to me and says, "I'm going to shot fake, reverse pivot and shoot it like Kobe first time down the floor." I literally started to get emotional. The kid goes and does it!!! Somehow he banks it in.

At the half, the coach and I from the other team are at the scoreers table and he says. "I don't know if that kid knows that's a kobe move but I thought that was pretty sweet." Made my night.

Nah I woulda lost it

😞

this is a great story man. Thanks for sharing

Nah I woulda lost it

😞

He's only 10 years old and one of his favorite players is Kobe. Blew his mind a couple summers ago when I showed him clips of him first coming into the league. We're in Milwaukee so it's not like it's a hot bed for Laker fans. Then when Giannis started working with Kobe it just confirmed it to my son.

Yesterday was a tough one for sure.

Back
Top Bottom