R.I.P Trayvon

Bill Cosby has played positive black roles, so yes I would turn my head to see what he is saying.
But not this dude bashing rappers , but playing a dope dealer on a show.

I am already aware BC has spoken about this
bill cosby is such a hypocrite its crazy....he so call is some big black activist etc... yet career in large part came to by throwing black actors/comedians under the bus. dude str8 tap danced, shucked and jive to get where he is, now he all pro black...dude is a joke.

My point is Bill Cosby and many other civil rights leaders (ya know the black folks who actually went through ****) have said most of the same things the Romany dude said about how this generation carries themselves and dont take advantage of the advancements that they actually fought for.

I've agreed with Bill Cosby on occasionally and other times I have disagreed.

I think right now Bill Cosby is out of touch and has been for the past 30 years, so naturally someone seventy something would look down on what young people are doing. That goes for any race. In the process he's turned off, so many black people that his voice is gone.

And comparing Bill to this dude? Bill was actually involved in the Civil Rights movement, first black man to co-star on TV, had the Cosby show...yada yada

Also he actually is educated...has a doctorate, and more importantly he's been consistent. At the end of the day I know he's doing it out of love or because he cares.

We have a problem when you aren't in the trenches trying to better our people, saying what we should be doing. We have a problem when you have a little bit of success, I did it, why can't you. That's why my first person when someone says what someone should be doing...what are you doing that's helping?

This cat, I bet if a studio offered him a role as a drug dealer or gang banger, he would take it in a minute. He would justify it with it's a job and I need to pay the bills to survive. That's no different than how a lot of criminals justify what they do.

It was funny to me how he started it off, like people just couldn't wait to hear his opinion on Trayvon Martin. I didn't even know dudes name, just he was on Weeds and Think Like A Man.

Last edited:
My point is Bill Cosby and many other civil rights leaders (ya know the black folks who actually went through ****) have said most of the same things the Romany dude said about how this generation carries themselves and dont take advantage of the advancements that they actually fought for.

I get that this is a great time to bring up black issues because the window is open and everyone is open but its so disrespectful to trayvons family to bring the issues of image up at this time.

Trayvon didnt do anything "wrong", his pants weren't baggy, didn't have dread, he didn't have on his gold fronts.
He is not to blame for the way GZ perceived him.

Instead of them saying hey lets try to help people be more open minded to different people cultures and stop stereotyping,they say we need to improve ourselves so people will not fear us.

What happens when we "improve" ourselves and they still fear us?

bill cosby is such a hypocrite its crazy....he so call is some big black activist etc... yet career in large part came to by throwing black actors/comedians under the bus. dude str8 tap danced, shucked and jive to get where he is, now he all pro black...dude is a joke.
When Redd Foxx had his club in LA...he said Bill Cosby came through and posted up a bunch of black militant pictures throughout the club, and Redd said he had to take them down. Redd wanted pictures of people smiling he said, and at the time he and Bill were like co owners of the club or something like that.

Where did you get he tap danced, shucked, and jived to get where he is?

In the Redd Foxx autobiography Black and Blue it mentions all of this. 

I get that this is a great time to bring up black issues because the window is open and everyone is open but its so disrespectful to trayvons family to bring the issues of image up at this time.

Trayvon didnt do anything "wrong", his pants weren't baggy, didn't have dread, he didn't have on his gold fronts.

Instead of them saying hey lets try to help people be more open minded to different people cultures and stop stereotyping,they say we need to improve ourselves so people will not fear us.

but the thing is blacks in general wasn't always this way.....so the whole improve/change image argument is null and void. Even when blacks so called had their acts together systematic slavery, white supremacy, racial bias, and overall disconnections with blacks by other races (mainly whites) still existed.

Problem is the representation blacks have (especially males) in our society. Nothing of positivity is ever really promoted, and always the negatives are plastered front page, main headlines.

Bill is a old head, so if your pants aren't tucked in and you dont have a tapered cut he is not messing with you.
Same way old white men dont like that cali boy long hair steeze.

In Bill's era it was about blending and fitting in, most would say conforming.

That's the funny thing. We have improved ourselves.

The black middle class is strong. Black people are going to college.

But we only hear about the criminals and out of wedlock kids.

That's why it's crazy to see his negative *** article, because he only adds to it.

It's easy to blame ourselves. They're no repercussions. If he posted an article really blaming the media or stereotypes, he might hurt his career. So instead he blames the victim and thought he was kicking knowledge.

And cats keep kickin this Chicago crap. Chicago has been a war zone for decades. They were getting 200 and 300 more murders a year. How did it improve?

When Redd Foxx had his club in LA...he said Bill Cosby came through and posted up a bunch of black militant pictures throughout the club, and Redd said he had to take them down. Redd wanted pictures of people smiling he said, and at the time he and Bill were like co owners of the club or something like that.

Where did you get he tap danced, shucked, and jived to get where he is?

In the Redd Foxx autobiography Black and Blue it mentions all of this. 
So many others have stated this, especially once he got on nbc....lets face it he slept his way into that gig...by knocking up the execs daughter I mean I respect what he has done on film etc.... tv, but dude has that vibe like oprah does, or like Obama, And seems like he only touches issues like this when its convenient... This is the same dude who said eddie murphy was being to black and his comedy was a detriment to blacks.

Same dude who ridiculed Chappelle as well. Its like all he does is bash and rarely says anything positive. From his morehouse speeches. Not to mention his rants about black men/fathers etc...yet doesn't look in the mirror and talk about his illegitimate child he had, and basically has slept under the rug.  

Bill is a old head, so if your pants aren't tucked in and you dont have a tapered cut he is not messing with you.

and that's my biggest issue, how you gonna be some advocate of change...like he some modern day Malcolm or Marcus...yet soon as the money came, dude switched up and became Byron Gumble...

Dude reminds me of the black militant from im gon gitchu sucka....

and that's my biggest issue, how you gonna be some advocate of change...like he some modern day Malcolm or Marcus...yet soon as the money came, dude switched up and became Byron Gumble...

Dude reminds me of the black militant from im gon gitchu sucka....
Since you put it like that I see what you're saying...

He was in Uptown Saturday Night with a whole different aura.

I see your point shoe. 

Since you put it like that I see what you're saying...

He was in Uptown Saturday Night with a whole different aura.

I see your point shoe. 
it be like oprah talking about the state of black men.... where in most part she hasn't done anything to promote or help black men...with the exception of the ones that are accepted in mainstream. And half of them especially if their performers ie, rappers/singers she is basically bashing them.

That's the funny thing. We have improved ourselves.

The black middle class is strong. Black people are going to college.

But we only hear about the criminals and out of wedlock kids.

That's why it's crazy to see his negative *** article, because he only adds to it.

It's easy to blame ourselves. They're no repercussions. If he posted an article really blaming the media or stereotypes, he might hurt his career. So instead he blames the victim and thought he was kicking knowledge.

And cats keep kickin this Chicago crap. Chicago has been a war zone for decades. They were getting 200 and 300 more murders a year. How did it improve?

He cant blame the media for the stereotypes he plays those very stereotypes :lol:
He'd be blaming himself.

No one asked, wanted or was waiting for him to speak.
Like someone just said I didnt even know his name.

He got some nice eyes though :pimp:

Last edited:
So many others have stated this, especially once he got on nbc....lets face it he slept his way into that gig...by knocking up the execs daughter I mean I respect what he has done on film etc.... tv, but dude has that vibe like oprah does, or like Obama, And seems like he only touches issues like this when its convenient... This is the same dude who said eddie murphy was being to black and his comedy was a detriment to blacks.

Same dude who ridiculed Chappelle as well. Its like all he does is bash and rarely says anything positive. From his morehouse speeches. Not to mention his rants about black men/fathers etc...yet doesn't look in the mirror and talk about his illegitimate child he had, and basically has slept under the rug.  

Bill is pretty consistent in most aspects. Give him a college graduation or a auditorium full of teenagers and he will say the same thing. He speaks to young high school kids off camera. Not sure if he does it as much at his age.

I always took that he wanted to portray a certain image, because he knew it wasn't just him, but it would be for those that came after him. Dude was more of a father than a lot kids own biological on Thursday nights.

I always thought he saw the long term effects of certain things and images.

Was the chick who tried to extort him ever proven to be his daughter? I thought he just had the affair.

My problem is he should speak on certain things in general. It's not a black thing, it's a poverty thing. Middle class black people aren't doing drive bys or killing each other. He's rich, his son was killed by a white dude. His son had dyslexia, but he had the money to send him to a special school for help. If you're in poverty you would have been discarded, written off and you'd drop out of high school.

but the thing is blacks in general wasn't always this way.....so the whole improve/change image argument is null and void. Even when blacks so called had their acts together systematic slavery, white supremacy, racial bias, and overall disconnections with blacks by other races (mainly whites) still existed.

Problem is the representation blacks have (especially males) in our society. Nothing of positivity is ever really promoted, and always the negatives are plastered front page, main headlines.

That's one of the main problems.

You have people who don't even want to be black or distance themselves from their blackness.

That's just a copout..... Their are plenty of black activist...being john amos, paul mooney, fred Williamson, **** Gregory, so on and so forth who are just as old if not older...yet are more in tune with the current state of affairs of the black community etc...

Plus all of the above mentioned stayed true to who they were, still promoted their ideologies, and never let them fall to the waist side for a check. Plus they speak on issues etc...on a regular basis, throughout their careers, and not just stand up and speak out when a major headline hits mainstream. Plus they speak on the good/bad/happy/sad of the issues, not just rant and rave and lowkey bash their own ppl. Same cant be said about bill

shoe posting some real **** 

pimp.gif

Bill is pretty consistent in most aspects. Give him a college graduation or a auditorium full of teenagers and he will say the same thing. He speaks to young high school kids off camera. Not sure if he does it as much at his age.

I always took that he wanted to portray a certain image, because he knew it wasn't just him, but it would be for those that came after him. Dude was more of a father than a lot kids own biological on Thursday nights.

Was the chick who tried to extort him ever proven to be his daughter? I thought he just had the affair.

My problem is he should speak on certain things in general. It's not a black thing, it's a poverty thing. Middle class black people aren't doing drive bys or killing each other. He's rich, his son was killed by a white dude. His son had dyslexia, but he had the money to send him to a special school for help. If you're in poverty you would have been discarded, written off and you'd drop out of high school.

You have people who don't even want to be black or distance themselves from their blackness.
can you provide some examples of this? (what is being black/blackness?)

it be like oprah talking about the state of black men.... where in most part she hasn't done anything to promote or help black men...with the exception of the ones that are accepted in mainstream. And half of them especially if their performers ie, rappers/singers she is basically bashing them.

I think Oprah has issues with black men from her background.

And she's also of that older generation who doesn't understand young people.

She's been rich for almost half her life now.

Oh, a robbery. He's good though. 

Left the hospital the same night what...got my *** back, trying to back track...

Yea he scheduled to do the paternity test then backed out on 2 separate occasions because he thought it would taint his "image" so instead he started paying the mother and daughter off to keep quiet. Plus the fact he lied about it for years, got caught up then admits it was just a one time fling, which ended up when the smoked cleared being atleast 4 other times.

Im not saying ppl should be perfect etc...but to have this pompous/arrogance sort of self righteous do know wrong demeanor especially in the issue of the black family/marriage etc...and you cheated and lied about it for several decades, and backed out of taking a dna test, and opted to pay the family off...you are the last one to give a lecture on the sanctity of marriage etc... and the state of the black family.

I think Oprah has issues with black men from her background.

And she's also of that older generation who doesn't understand young people.

She's been rich for almost half her life now.
because she chooses to be ignorant....arguable the richest/most influential women in the world....yet dodges and evade any race issues, especially in reference to black men, unless again they are "one of the good ones", gay or to lowkey bash them aka Ludacris etc....so on and so forth.

because she chooses to be ignorant....arguable the richest/most influential women in the world....yet dodges and evade any race issues, especially in reference to black men, unless again they are "one of the good ones", gay or to lowkey bash them aka Ludacris etc....so on and so forth.
Had Luda looking foolish on that hip hop panel...
mean.gif

Put the edit to dudes response and everything. 

That was foul. 

Back
Top Bottom