Racial Stereotypes Again vol. washcloths/kissing dogs (Tyra Banks does it again, Mike Epps clownin')

They go at everyone in this video so there's�no need for the mud slinging or "If a ___ person said it then so and so"

I saw the one with the Native American sisters. I was a bit let down by it, it was evident they didn't have a lot of knowledge of what it was they wereexperiencing.

This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong.
laugh.gif

LOL these are pretty funny though they don't really answer the stereotypes, as most of them are impossible to address.

I kinda of like it, everyone is embracing these stereotypes. This is how you get pass things, im black and ive never used wash cloth. Ive always had that puffyround joint. loofa of something.
Its a big coming together laugh session.

But one person speaking for every different color situation. ahhaa

I kinda of like it, everyone is embracing these stereotypes. This is how you get pass things
Not really.

You said it yourself. One person does not represent an entire race.

We will evolve when people are recognized as individuals.

Whether we embrace them or not, stereotypes are not positive. Whenever somebody does one of these things, people look at them and think, "Oh, look,they're (insert race) and they're (insert stereotype) because of it."

No, they're doing "that" that way because that is the way that person chooses to do "it."

call me an old fart...but racial jokes just don't do it for me...
basically all they did was reinforce stereotypes without doing anything to dispel them

I'm mad I watched that entire thing.

LOL @ the hispanics dressing up their daughters for no reason. That bit was true.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I kinda of like it, everyone is embracing these stereotypes. This is how you get pass things
Not really.

Whether we embrace them or not, stereotypes are not positive. Whenever somebody does one of these things, people look at them and think, "Oh, look, they're (insert race) and they're (insert stereotype) because of it."

No, they're doing "that" that way because that is the way that person chooses to do "it."

I agree 100% with what you said. I dont eat fried chicken so every time some offers me fried chicken, and i decline they get super weird like"why are you denying chicken?" So i hate that stereotype that all black people like fried chicken, but i know a good amount of black people likefried chicken. My dad kills fried chicken like everyday, so it wasnt me saying "oh lets bond with these stereotypes". it was kinf of like addressingthem and just staying cool with it and laughing. Because we all know the whole world loves chiken.

Video wise we all know that this episode wasnt suppose to be serious, because this is a very touchy subject. If we truly discussed this subject, it would belike world war 3 between all races and their perceptions of the different races.

I saw this the other day, Mike Epps is a funny character. Peep the 31:10 mark when the white woman gets the soda and says "I love diabetes" Mike Eppsgave her the mean stoneface lol.

Tyra has theeeeeee worst 'social experiments'...i really don't know why i still watch that show...i'm a lil mad i missed it yesterday...had todrive down to my brothers school and fix his phone...

Enh, regardless of the intent, I don't subscribe to these kinds of "experiments" 'cause in the end you're still portraying certain peoplein limited ways based on your own individual experience. Does nothing for me

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Not really.

Whether we embrace them or not, stereotypes are not positive. Whenever somebody does one of these things, people look at them and think, "Oh, look, they're (insert race) and they're (insert stereotype) because of it."

Couldn't have put it better myself.

SMH @ Tyra making stereotypes "funny".

really. none of it was funny. they just re-stated a gang of stereotypes....

eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom