RACISM IN SPORTS

So how was Izzy supposed to respond to a white man that kept claiming he was the only Real African champ in UFC history?

Dricus being African wasn't even THE point of debate here. Him saying the others WEREN'T was. So I'm not sure why you decided to focus on the legitimacy of his African heritage vs. What all of this was really about.

Dricus gaslight.
Drocus trolled.
Dricus ended up playing the victim after constantly taking shots at other African UFC champs.

That is why I said you seem to not know what was going on seeing how you responded.

And yes, that included me previously seeing your full response.

So how was Izzy supposed to respond to a white man that kept claiming he was the only Real African champ in UFC history?

Dricus being African wasn't even THE point of debate here. Him saying the others WEREN'T was. So I'm not sure why you decided to focus on the legitimacy of his African heritage vs. What all of this was really about.

Dricus gaslight.
Drocus trolled.
Dricus ended up playing the victim after constantly taking shots at other African UFC champs.

That is why I said you seem to not know what was going on seeing how you responded.

And yes, that included me previously seeing your full response.
I just looked up Usman, Adesanya, and Ngannou nationalities: New Zealander, American, and French. I don't know about Nigeria, but Cameroon doesn't allow dual citizenship.

Was the statement from Dricus over the top? Yes. Did it rise to the level of racism? Not really, considering that I could see a black African contender living and training on the continent say the exact same thing about these three former UFC champions. In fact, it isn't uncommon to see the same opinion expressed when discussing African-born soccer players who decide to represent a non-African country.

Unless there's reason to believe otherwise, this is just regular banter to me.

Not surprising.

This country is very strange. One thing I peeped when I came here and as I got older realized wasn't a coincidence was the players on the field/court being black and the majority of the spectators in the stands were white

Ish is all by design

Back
Top Bottom