Racist Fraternity at the University of Oklahoma caught on tape.

(CNN)A fraternity fraught with scandal quickly shut down a chapter in Oklahoma when a video surfaced that showed members singing a racist chant that used the n-word.

The video shows a group of young white students chanting the n-word loudly and boisterously while riding on a bus.

Sigma Alpha Epsilon's national chapter shut down the chapter Sunday night, suspended all of the chapter's members and threatened to remove those responsible from the fraternity for life.

In the video, the students are heard chanting, "There will never be a ni**** in SAE. You can hang him from a tree, but he can never sign with me."

"SAE" stands for Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. "Sign with" means join the fraternity.

"I was not only shocked and disappointed but disgusted by the outright display of racism displayed in the video," SAE National President Bradley Cohen said in a statement.

'Racism is alive'
A black student organization, Unheard, posted the video online Sunday with the comment, "Racism is alive at The University of Oklahoma." It was addressed @President_Boren.

That's the University of Oklahoma's president, David Boren.

He took less than an hour to tweet back his disgust.

"If the video is indeed of OU students, this behavior will not be tolerated and is contrary to all of our values. We are investigating." He threatened to throw the fraternity off the campus, if the allegations were true."

Full article - http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/09/us/oklahoma-fraternity-chant

a blinkin a blinkin whats good Nupe?

It's pretty well known that some of these "white" frats have racist undertones.

It's funny to me that this is getting national coverage and their National Chapter hasn't even removed the members for life.

A piece of me wishes a black dude would have tried to get down, sees the story and goes for a discrimination/ hazing suit.

a blinkin a blinkin whats good Nupe?

It's pretty well known that some of these "white" frats have racist undertones.

It's funny to me that this is getting national coverage and their National Chapter hasn't even removed the members for life.

A piece of me wishes a black dude would have tried to get down, sees the story and goes for a discrimination/ hazing suit.

From what I've heard, Nationals has decharted and disbanded the fraternity at the school. The school is more than likely going to be punishing them too by not recognizing them as an organization if they decide to stay together as a group.

Again... I keep reiterating this...

People think racist people are white skinheads and 70+ year old men...

Like... Come on, famb... You think parents didn't pass down the ****** mindset to their kids and their kids?

Jim crow ended in the 60s... Which means ALL of these kids' parents were at least born in the decade where black people couldn't use the same bathroom...

Let that sink in, man... Its getting better, no doubt... But you'd be a fool to think the bigoted and viscous behavior is ending with the baby boomers...

Just like they're teaching kids ABCs and 123s... They're teaching them other stuff too.

:frown:

Repped fontaine for the cold truth. People think its only old white people in the country, those people reproduced and their offspring had offspring

sneakaprince sneakaprince chillin Phi.

Those organizations operate on a different wavelength, man. Much more leniency to be afforded on their end I suppose. yhe world is a funny place.

:rolleyes 3stheluckynumbe 3stheluckynumbe yeah, racism is still alive and here I was off in a dream world thinking it had ran its course. Beat it, fam.

Pretty sure their secret motto involves the word obscurity

I guess they didn't get the memo.

I'm not positive but im pretty sure there's some diversity in their western chapters, so that's just ignorant. But SAE always gets bad press

Like... Come on, famb... You think parents didn't pass down the ****** mindset to their kids and their kids?

Jim crow ended in the 60s... Which means ALL of these kids' parents were at least born in the decade where black people couldn't use the same bathroom...

Let that sink in, man... Its getting better, no doubt... But you'd be a fool to think the bigoted and viscous behavior is ending with the baby boomers...

Just like they're teaching kids ABCs and 123s... They're teaching them other stuff too.

Not only that, but they are spreading it to their peers.

From what I've heard, Nationals has decharted and disbanded the fraternity at the school. The school is more than likely going to be punishing them too by not recognizing them as an organization if they decide to stay together as a group.

Sorry, my dude. But in the grand scheme of things, doing away with the charter doesn't do much and will hardly change things. The school won't take the ultimate stance against racism and kick the students out.

I accept this to be true. I know the racist mentality is being passed down. For that reason alone, it's silly to think things will ever truly change. There will forever be some that accept those teaching to be true. :smh:

Saw this yesterday.

These are America's future managers, professors, politicians and pundits.

The older I get, the less I trust white folks. Ain't ee'm gone lie.

**** is scary to thing about. :smh:

Waits for certain NTer to enter with "But Black fraternity members always refer to each other as 'N word' "

This story is sad, but I'm not surprised...a lot of these white frats are built on racism. And a lot of these white folks have racism in their hearts no matter how many Black "friends" they may have. **** em.

Students of OU protested this morning. The head of the fraternity at the national level called an emergency board meeting Sunday night and they have closed the entire frat at OU. The president of OU said all students at that frat have to leave campus by midnight tonight.

The statement

TO: All Students, Faculty, and Staff

To those who have misused their free speech in such a reprehensible way, I have a message for you. You are disgraceful. You have violated all that we stand for. You should not have the privilege of calling yourselves "Sooners." Real Sooners are not racist. Real Sooners are not bigots. Real Sooners believe in equal opportunity. Real Sooners treat all people with respect. Real Sooners love each other and take care of each other like family members.

Effective immediately, all ties and affiliations between this University and the local SAE chapter are hereby severed. I direct that the house be closed and that members will remove their personal belongings from the house by midnight tomorrow. Those needing to make special arrangements for positions shall contact the Dean of Students.

All of us will redouble our efforts to create the strongest sense of family and community. We vow that we will be an example to the entire country of how to deal with this issue. There must be zero tolerance for racism everywhere in our nation.

David L. Boren
President
University of Oklahoma

The statement

TO: All Students, Faculty, and Staff

To those who have misused their free speech in such a reprehensible way, I have a message for you. You are disgraceful. You have violated all that we stand for. You should not have the privilege of calling yourselves "Sooners." Real Sooners are not racist. Real Sooners are not bigots. Real Sooners believe in equal opportunity. Real Sooners treat all people with respect. Real Sooners love each other and take care of each other like family members.

Effective immediately, all ties and affiliations between this University and the local SAE chapter are hereby severed. I direct that the house be closed and that members will remove their personal belongings from the house by midnight tomorrow. Those needing to make special arrangements for positions shall contact the Dean of Students.

All of us will redouble our efforts to create the strongest sense of family and community. We vow that we will be an example to the entire country of how to deal with this issue. There must be zero tolerance for racism everywhere in our nation.

David L. Boren
President
University of Oklahoma
rekt

Sorry, my dude. But in the grand scheme of things, doing away with the charter doesn't do much and will hardly change things. The school won't take the ultimate stance against racism and kick the students out.
I accept this to be true. I know the racist mentality is being passed down. For that reason alone, it's silly to think things will ever truly change. There will forever be some that accept those teaching to be true. :smh:
**** is scary to thing about. :smh:

Although that may be true, this is definitely going to hurt them. These guys are heavily invested in their fraternities with both time and money. I'm not sure what the rest of OSU Greek like is like but this definitely sets a pretty damn good precedent going forward. Frats in southern/fly over states are known to be racist.

Man this is crazy.. OU know these are just the first to get caught.. My girl goes to A&M and she says the SAE's there say the same chant..

Man this is crazy.. OU know these are just the first to get caught.. My girl goes to A&M and she says the SAE's there say the same chant..
got a yamb at A&M...

She told me that they made a life sized costume of new black dean and hung it in the courtyard...

So glad the dean reacted accordingly...

There's no place for that, especially amongst young kids who are "supposed" to be progressive in society.

It sucks because in college, you're exposed to different races and cultures. That alone trumps a lot of people ignorant ways because they just don't know.

I do not want these dude's lives ruined... I just want them to realize their mistake, learn from it, and develop some sensitivity...

I would be VERY hesitant to put them in any position of power or influence though...

What if these guys become HR managers at a job? Or law makers? Or judges.

:x :x

Back
Top Bottom