-Racist moment or am I overreacting? (Even though I didn't react at all)- Vol: You dont know me fam'

Originally Posted by INS

But Currency if you walk in there with your Jays on he is just gonna assume...

I didnt have on ANY basketball gear fam'

Nice fitting denims and a black fitted shirt...

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Write a letter to corporate. Don't let this go unchecked.

As a matter of fact, give me the store phone # and I will call and speak on your behalf.
this.
DC's sarcasm flew over your head.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Fam' I think you're reaching a bit... 
Dude probably assumed that you were wondering where were the basketball shoes. 

I mean, it's a Sport Authority yet they don't carry shoes you use for sports? 
grin.gif

Mehhh! 
laugh.gif

The "Elite" store is a branch of  "Sports Authority" I mean, I knew what the deal was when I seen all of the ski gear and running clothes... The wall wasn't that damn big fam'... I can see that there wasn't any basketball shoes at first glance.

Hmmmm... 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by StonedFace

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

As a matter of fact, give me the store phone # and I will call and speak on your behalf.
this.
DC's sarcasm flew over your head.
Not being sarcastic Stones. Dead serious man.

Originally Posted by StonedFace

honestly I think the employee HIMSELF was disappointed the sports store he works at didn't sell basketball shoes because he's a baller himself. When he saw you near the shoe department with a sad look on your face he automatically knew it was because there were no bball shoes for sale.. It sounds like you just want Niketalk to back up your thoughts of that situation being racist when in reality it was nothing more than..nothing. Does it matter that the lady at the door was "white"? Was it even necessary to include that in your post, since she caused you no troubles..

Just sayin..

I Said she was White to give yall a visual of what I was going through, And who the hell said I looked sad?... It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that its a runner/outdoor store within 2 minutes of being there.

You're being a bit too sensative, B. Tell this story to your grandparents or anyone else that experienced TRUE racism and they'll probably agree with me. if you knew me then you'd know I'm DEFINITELY not the type to tolerate any racist nonsense, so coming from me this means a lot.
I'm thinking several african americans may have come in before you and asked similar questions so he may have considered himself staying ahead of the game. And all in all, there's nothing offensive about playing basketball
laugh.gif
he didn't imply that you were poor and its not like you walked into a book store and he said "foot locker is down the hall homie".

He probably should've just said "we only sale running shoes" before making an assumption... but that's in a perfect world.

But just because his grandfather went through things more severe doesn't mean what he just experienced should be ignored and shoved aside. It is that attitude that allows people to think they can say whatever the hell they want to say to anybody they chose.

And why, why, does someone who feels victimized have to be told to shutup and take it. Stop being sensitive. Why not look at the person that spoke words they shouldn't have said.

Dude, don't let this go by man.Dude KNEW what he was saying.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

That's lighthearted judgement/ observation. I'm sure he meant no harm by it, especially if he was polite. You could probably tell by his tone if he meant something negative.

Now if he would've said something like "sir, the clearance section is that way" THEN we would have an issue.
Oh yea because the tone is the only thing that matters. It doesn't matter if he didn't INTEND on it being harmful, he make a racially motivated stereotype out of THIN AIR.

It wasn't harmless at all man. We have to stop letting folks "pop slick" without speaking up.

Dude saw a black dude lookng on the wall and said something about basketball shoes. I mean what more needs to be said man?

OK fam. Do you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

You're being a bit too sensative, B. Tell this story to your grandparents or anyone else that experienced TRUE racism and they'll probably agree with me. if you knew me then you'd know I'm DEFINITELY not the type to tolerate any racist nonsense, so coming from me this means a lot.
I'm thinking several african americans may have come in before you and asked similar questions so he may have considered himself staying ahead of the game. And all in all, there's nothing offensive about playing basketball
laugh.gif
he didn't imply that you were poor and its not like you walked into a book store and he said "foot locker is down the hall homie".

He probably should've just said "we only sale running shoes" before making an assumption... but that's in a perfect world.

I not crying over the matter. Its spilled milk...

I was just shocked when it happened...Like, I can't be looking for running shoes?... Why didn't he include baseball, golf, football or skateboard shoes in his list of what they "dont have"...?

Better call Al Sharpton, Quanell X, Jesse Jackson, Cousin Jeff, Soledad O'Brien, and contact the local NCAA chapter so we can march on the store and initiate a nationwide boycott. Such injustice has been suffered, I would even recommend legal action

But just because his grandfather went through things more severe doesn't mean what he just experienced should be ignored and shoved aside. It is that attitude that allows people to think they can say whatever the hell they want to say to anybody they chose.

And why, why, does someone who feels victimized have to be told to shutup and take it. Stop being sensitive. Why not look at the person that spoke words they shouldn't have said.

it's okay to log off and get some fresh air; it's not your fight to sit on Niketalk and crusade to a Sports Authority store and OP is sensitive I wasn't serious when I quoted his Prada Casuals  
laugh.gif
 who the hell cares what shoes he was wearing; he is ovbs. needs labels in his life for lack of something

Originally Posted by StillIn729

it's okay to log off and get some fresh air; it's not your fight to sit on Niketalk and crusade to a Sports Authority store and OP is sensitive I wasn't serious when I quoted his Prada Casuals  
laugh.gif
 who the hell cares what shoes he was wearing; he is ovbs. needs labels in his life for lack of something
Fresh air? It is raining and 11:18 PM. Where the hell can I find fresh air at this time of night?
glasses.gif

It's hard to tell based off of the tone, but based off the words said, I don't think there was any bad intent or even any racism at all. I think you're overreacting.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Better call Al Sharpton, Quanell X, Jesse Jackson, Cousin Jeff, Soledad O'Brien, and contact the local NCAA chapter so we can march on the store and initiate a nationwide boycott. Such injustice has been suffered, I would even recommend legal action

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Son....

That's that leave a bad taste in your mouth racism. Like "Oh %+@++$ can't run for fun now? I gotta be a ball player" first thing I would've replied with was "WHO THE !#%+ SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL?!!"

Originally Posted by prymone

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
We dont carry basketball shoes. Even outside a race thats a TERRIBLE sales approach

Shoulda told him you were lookin for some hockey skates

Look at him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

It's hard to tell based off of the tone, but based off the words said, I don't think there was any bad intent or even any racism at all. I think you're overreacting.

He didnt say it in a mean "why are you even here" tone... He Said it as if he was saving me some time by telling me that they dont sell basketball shoes

Back
Top Bottom