Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think this same argument was had when they included singles purchases as album sales (10 singles purchased = an album sale)

1500 streams equal 1 album sold, that includes youtube too
not 1500 streams of the album in it's entirety either just one song
that's why you have artist putting out 20+ track albums more and more now. More tracks under the album title more chances to add #'s to streaming total for that title
also 10 downloads of any 1 song count as 1 album sold

imagine if youtube and streaming was around when Thriller came out

This doesn’t make sense to me , so doesn’t it make sense to put less songs on your album. If you Put 7 songs , it’s likely that those all will get played over and over 1500 times?

For example , I’ve listened to each song on Push album wayyy more than each/any song on Travis, Wayne, etc.

You said that with Tupac as your avatar?

Please change your avatar, Tupac wouldn't approve

Mmm no I’ll pass on that :ohwell:

Lol at the Shakespearean poet turned thug life gangster wouldn’t approve though. Haaa

Either way, you on the wrong side of history with this one. Both Pac and Drake are goats. I know how y’all get with drake in here though so I’m leaving it at that. You got it champ.

This doesn’t make sense to me , so doesn’t it make sense to put less songs on your album. If you Put 7 songs , it’s likely that those all will get played over and over 1500 times?

For example , I’ve listened to each song on Push album wayyy more than each/any song on Travis, Wayne, etc.

Yeah but what if you put out 7 songs and _’s only like 2 :lol: vs 20 songs and they like 5

Roughly same percentage of songs but more potential for streams

Edit: I think both approaches could be valid tho

The sweet spot is prolly 20+ 2 min songs :lol:

Tierra Whack did 15 song/15 min album

Last edited:
Both Pac and Drake are goats.

giphy.gif

That's you. Drake has more fans and more diehards. So they're going to listen to his album multiple times.

I'm in that same boat. I will listen to Pusha. But that's ten people.

A hundred people are streaming Drake over and over.

And each time you stream Drake he's getting three times the credit Push is getting. Not every artist can pull that off. It failed for Chris Brown. Maybe through time it might work for him, because it is continuous. But he needed more visuals also with his project in an attempt to work it and make it last more.

That's you. Drake has more fans and more diehards. So they're going to listen to his album multiple times.

I'm in that same boat. I will listen to Pusha. But that's ten people.

A hundred people are streaming Drake over and over.

And each time you stream Drake he's getting three times the credit Push is getting. Not every artist can pull that off. It failed for Chris Brown. Maybe through time it might work for him, because it is continuous. But he needed more visuals also with his project in an attempt to work it and make it last more.

I’m a “die hard drake fan” lol but Was more so just an example . I was just saying if 1200 streams of one song (or whatever number was said) = platinum then it seems there’s a benefit of having a shorter album too....

It’s kind of hard for me to convey what I’m trying to say right now cause I’m dead tired but it makes sense in my head lol

I’m a “die hard drake fan” lol but Was more so just an example . I was just saying if 1200 streams of one song (or whatever number was said) = platinum then it seems there’s a benefit of having a shorter album too....

It’s kind of hard for me to convey what I’m trying to say right now cause I’m dead tired but it makes sense in my head lol

I get what you mean. Short high quality album = many streams of few songs so your numbers get boosted in a way.

It's outweighed by huge global hits though :lol:

That “more tracks = higher streams” logic stopped making sense after Chris put out 57 songs and went nowhere :lol:

Back
Top Bottom