Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That “more tracks = higher streams” logic stopped making sense after Chris put out 57 songs and went nowhere :lol:
Went Gold the following week

The more songs = more streams argument should take into account features.
Most of these projects have a bunch of features so even if you not fan you got that constant stream. Even w/o features with more tracks it's just more ground to cover unless you pull a Yatchy and just release a tape with alot of trash

Mmm no I’ll pass on that :ohwell:

Lol at the Shakespearean poet turned thug life gangster wouldn’t approve though. Haaa

Either way, you on the wrong side of history with this one. Both Pac and Drake are goats. I know how y’all get with drake in here though so I’m leaving it at that. You got it champ.
A biter and a non writer will never be my goat

artists have no one but themselves to blame
people buy albums that are worth having
and stream ones that aren't
if they put out quality material
and not just material good by todays standards
which imo is like say kendrick or cole
then sales would still be good imo

who still “buys” albums

stores are phasing them out regardless of quality of music

unless ur talking about paying 9.99 per album instead of per month for AM which is just silly

That Skrillex remix put it over the edge

Bruh is working the **** out of this album tho.

He released a another string of merch bundles on Cyber Monday and got the album back to No.1 , 3 months after it dropped :lol:

I copped that black shirt with the skull on it and the tie dye sicko mode joint for my cuzzo

This mf got two album sales out of me on top of all the streams lol

Bro's hands are clearly cuffed, the dragging his shirt and posting this pic is unnecessary. Yet they wonder why folks keep them at arms length.

Exactly “Happy Thanksgiving!”

dudes in the comments cheering it on. :smh:

like **** a sport or a game and thats not a real human life. he did dirt ofc but all that **** is extra.

That's what I'm saying. Streaming an album isn't committing to it.

Go buy an album from the store. Spend your gas. Spend your time. And spend your money.

y’all ****** be saying this as the corporations themselves are killing these sections of the store off

youre advocating for something that you probably havent done in the past 30-45 days (just off of stores slowly abandoning CD’s prolly just getting rid of old stock at this point) just to not accept the new way music is consumed :lol:

everytime i go to the CD section in Walmart its classics from the past 30 years, not albums that came out recently.

You can buy albums in iTunes store, you really don't gotta do all that :lol:

Last album I bought was DS2 I think.

right before AM came out :lol:

why pay 9.99 per project when u can get unlimited access to everything that drops for that same price.

these ****** in here ****ting on streaming and got AM accounts themselves :lol:

y’all *****s be saying this as the corporations themselves are killing these sections of the store off

youre advocating for something that you probably havent done in the past 30-45 days (just off of stores slowly abandoning CD’s prolly just getting rid of old stock at this point) just to not accept the new way music is consumed :lol:

everytime i go to the CD section in Walmart its classics from the past 30 years, not albums that came out recently.

I buy CD's from Amazon I like

No legitimate reason for me to buy a cd. Even if I try to force myself to think of some. There's literally no reason. I'd rather buy vinyl. I know people always want to be negative about ****, but streaming >>>

Speaking of Florida, I heard NBA and Kodak is beefin. Them ***** both got demonic vibes so it could get serious.

wavycrocket wavycrocket break it down breh.

Speaking of Florida, I heard NBA and Kodak is beefin. Them ***** both got demonic vibes so it could get serious.

wavycrocket wavycrocket break it down breh.

hqdefault.jpg

kodak spoke on it

No legitimate reason for me to buy a cd. Even if I try to force myself to think of some. There's literally no reason. I'd rather buy vinyl. I know people always want to be negative about ****, but streaming >>>

Streaming is more convenient for us. But it also isn't designed for the artist. It's designed for the labels to win.

But I see more movies with A List/Moviepass than I would if I had to actually pay to individual tickets. You can't compare what I would go see at the movies this year with what I actually had to spend money on last year.

I still buy music to support the artist.

I don’t rap about no coke. He ain’t talking about me. I don’t rap about no coke. I’ve been rich since I was 14 years old—off of selling records. I do not rap about no damn coke. If I say anything about coke, I speak the truth about it. I don’t go talking about I got none.

I DON’T SEE NO ****IN’ CLIPSE. COME ON MAN. WEEZY, MAN. THEY HAD TO DO A SONG WITH US TO GET HOT, B. “WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BOY?” C’MON B. DON’T DO THAT, DOG. THIS IS A ****ING LEGEND YOU’RE TALKING TO RIGHT HERE.

Who the **** is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That ***** wore BAPEs and y’all thought he was weird. I wore it and y’all thought it was hot. C’mon man. C’mon now. The ***** walked around with *****s that looked like you, y’all thought he was crazy. If I did it, y’all gonna think these *****s are killers.

Ya dig? I did it four times again after that, just on the charts. I ain’t gotta talk about no coke nor no ****ing BAPEs. I got my own shoe out *****, that OG collection Reebok *****. I got my own jeans out *****, W. Two Us, I’ve got my name—the W is gonna be on your ***** ***. Aight?

https://www.complex.com/music/2012/01/interview-lil-wayne-2006-cover-story-uncut

This was dope as **** to look through.

This the same guy copying everything Dipset and Clipse was doing? Then Clipse was sending shots and he never responded. Yeah, real ****in legend right there. What a pile of ****. Bum *** *****.

Pusha been a step ahead in this back and forth for years. :lol:

Funniest thing about that whole situation is them dudes weren't even referring to Wayne, he let the fans hype him up and his own insecurities made him connect the song to himself like it was a diss. Star Trak wasn't even thinking about him (Although their are rumors that Baby didn't pay for the "What Happened To That Boy" beat), also apparently Curren$y was the one who put him onto Bape which makes the whole situation hilarious in hindsight since he openly admitted to ******* with N.E.R.D and the Clipse heavy

Back
Top Bottom