Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Drake with the look, crazy to see it come full circle with him helping Travis get a #1, arguably song of the year (popularity wise)
That’s an interesting discussion. Does anyone think Drake helped him get a #1? Is a Drake verse worth what it used to be?

I think Travis was going #1 with or without Sicko Mode. Kylie plus the merch bundles had it outta there.

That’s an interesting discussion. Does anyone think Drake helped him get a #1? Is a Drake verse worth what it used to be?

I think Travis was going #1 with or without Sicko Mode. Kylie plus the merch bundles had it outta there.

Absolutely. On power 106 they literally jump straight to the Tay Keith part sometimes. And given what he's done with Bloccboy giving him a top 10 record this year, along w/what he did on his own, Drake helped for sure. Record doesn't go 1 w/o him. (And Tay Keith)

As w/most things though, it's a combination of things. The bundles, Kylie and the baby, Drake, they all helped.

Absolutely. On power 106 they literally jump straight to the Tay Keith part sometimes. And given what he's done with Bloccboy giving him a top 10 record this year, along w/what he did on his own, Drake helped for sure. Record doesn't go 1 w/o him. (And Tay Keith)

As w/most things though, it's a combination of things. The bundles, Kylie and the baby, Drake, they all helped.
Travis and Blocboy two completely different situations though. Blocboy didn’t really have any fans.
And you’re saying 1 song was the reason the whole album went #1? I’m genuinely curious.

I was talking about the song going #1

Travis worked the album rollout well enough to guarantee it’d hit #1

No other song has “popped” from the album like Sicko Mode

Travis and Blocboy two completely different situations though. Blocboy didn’t really have any fans.
And you’re saying 1 song was the reason the whole album went #1? I’m genuinely curious.

The album? Oh hell no :lol: I think Travis' momentum was coming. He would of had a #1 if he wasn't w/Kylie or Sicko Mode. If you (not literally you) were paying attention, he was gaining momentum and buzz fast, Birds did a lot for him. Goosebumps did a lot for him. The Kylie **** just pushed him into another stratosphere but this moment has been building for years for Travis Scott.

All I'm saying is that A lot of people rock with sicko mode because of the Tay Keith / Drake portion of it along with Travis. The Out like a light **** is a hit. I don't think the song goes #1 w/o it.

Listened to this earlier.

The answer is no.

Nas was the only one worth any sort of argument, but ultimately he’s not as multifaceted as Hov.

I **** with Em, but he damn sure doesn’t check off all the boxes that Hov does.

Tekashi 69 was the only one mentioned who realistically could give Hov a run for his money if we’re assessing all angles.

The answer is No right now, but maybe in 3 to 5 years the answer may change. I heard Rosenberg mention kendrick and Drake, and those are the two I'd bet the money on.

The question is greater than hov, not better. So you have to take into account skill, hits, appeal, touring, etc. Better? Nah. The man is too good. He's 49 and still A1 as hell.

I mean obviously You could say Em'. And that's probably the right answer. But Em hasn't been a relevant Rapper is so long. Like his impact on culture has been light and it's been the case for over a decade.

I am NOT endorsing Drake or Dot on this post. I am not saying that they will be better than Hov. My opinion on Drake is known lol but this isn't that. I'm simply saying that their resumes may make the answer a conversation in 3 to 5 years.

If Dot doesn't slow down, in a few years he'll have the grammy's, multiple arena tours, stadiums, critical acclaim, He's going to have an argument.

Drake right now already has multiple arena tours, has like 8 or 9 consecutive #1 albums, hundreds of top 10 records literally, yadaydayada, club records, rap records, the star power, at 32...it'll be a conversation.

Last edited:
I dont see how you a celebrity and get married. Its like a .5% success rate. Did Offset and Cardi even make it a yr?

Im ready for soundcloud rap/post trap ye though.

looking back the beat selection for this caught me hella off guard.

Its like Ye version of soundcloud rap. i like it with no lyrics better than him saying some fake deep ****. TLOP was full of lines like that ***** was talking bout making sandwiches and Jesus and ****.

Just in time for the holidays. Make sure y’all get y’all side chicks a Soulja Watch.
395C234E-7825-45F6-872C-667211B3207C.jpeg

FB21FDFF-67A5-4F8C-B92C-353FD1CBC059.jpeg
this moron is about to get copyright infringement from Apple

( my cousin started a line of cheap smartwatches in his electronic store in the Bronx, it was like $75 but the moron exactly mimicked the Apple Watch, he made $10k out of them in like 4 months, than Apple caught on and he had to pay Apple $20k since he lost the lawsuit or something like that.

Soulja a dummy

The answer is No right now, but maybe in 3 to 5 years the answer may change. I heard Rosenberg mention kendrick and Drake, and those are the two I'd bet the money on.

The question is greater than hov, not better. So you have to take into account skill, hits, appeal, touring, etc. Better? Nah. The man is too good. He's 49 and still A1 as hell.

I mean obviously You could say Em'. And that's probably the right answer. But Em hasn't been a relevant Rapper is so long. Like his impact on culture has been light and it's been the case for over a decade.

I am NOT endorsing Drake or Dot on this post. I am not saying that they will be better than Hov. My opinion on Drake is known lol but this isn't that. I'm simply saying that their resumes may make the answer a conversation in 3 to 5 years.

If Dot doesn't slow down, in a few years he'll have the grammy's, multiple arena tours, stadiums, critical acclaim, He's going to have an argument.

Drake right now already has multiple arena tours, has like 8 or 9 consecutive #1 albums, hundreds of top 10 records literally, yadaydayada, club records, rap records, the star power, at 32...it'll be a conversation.
Can’t put drake in any category on the road to be like HOV,

True mcs don’t got ghostwriters IMO
Kendrick and jcole yes, drizzy, nah

post-blueface era

told u

not sure why they doing this dance all close with no *****es but aye...do what u gotta do. lmao.

Back
Top Bottom