Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

We need a doc on How's 92 bricks
IMG_20181203_001906.jpg

The album? Oh hell no :lol: I think Travis' momentum was coming. He would of had a #1 if he wasn't w/Kylie or Sicko Mode. If you (not literally you) were paying attention, he was gaining momentum and buzz fast, Birds did a lot for him. Goosebumps did a lot for him. The Kylie **** just pushed him into another stratosphere but this moment has been building for years for Travis Scott.

All I'm saying is that A lot of people rock with sicko mode because of the Tay Keith / Drake portion of it along with Travis. The Out like a light **** is a hit. I don't think the song goes #1 w/o it.
Oh I get what you meant now. My bad. You’re absolutely right about that second beat drop.

Can’t put drake in any category on the road to be like HOV,

True mcs don’t got ghostwriters IMO
Kendrick and jcole yes, drizzy, nah

far as your sentiments on drake, i agree. but the fact of the matter is, if he was actually writing his own rhymes, it wouldnt make a difference.

kendrick n jcole aint closing the gap either. truth be told, those 2 are really able to benefit from the fact that young lyricist are so scarce these days. the bar has been lowered so they look like gods amongst the rest.

im not the most well versed on either of their music but i have def heard enough to kno that neither of them are boutta fill jay shoes. not sayin that it cant be done, but i honestly dont think we've seen the 'next 1' yet.

crown that man n leave it alone.

far as your sentiments on drake, i agree. but the fact of the matter is, if he was actually writing his own rhymes, it wouldnt make a difference.

kendrick n jcole aint closing the gap either. truth be told, those 2 are really able to benefit from the fact that young lyricist are so scarce these days. the bar has been lowered so they look like gods amongst the rest.

im not the most well versed on either of their music but i have def heard enough to kno that neither of them are boutta fill jay shoes. not sayin that it cant be done, but i honestly dont think we've seen the 'next 1' yet.

crown that man n leave it alone.
Kendrick tape Section.80 is better than most of that rats disco and that **** is like 6 years old now

jay drop one decent verse and guys lose their minds

Actually enjoyed his verse on Meeks album sad it took Kendrick and for him to be damn near 50 for him to step into the lane he should’ve BEEN in but hey at least we got “****** in Paris”

Ya'll really consider J Cole a top tier rapper? I just see him as a Nipsey/Wale/Rocky level rapper with more forgettable songs on worse production. I guess a better personality carries him. Along with coming in as "The first artist signed to RocNation" marketing.

Kendrick is light years ahead of him as a rapper.

Ya'll really consider J Cole a top tier rapper? I just see him as a Nipsey/Wale/Rocky level rapper with more forgettable songs on worse production. I guess a better personality carries him. Along with coming in as "The first artist signed to RocNation" marketing.

Ugghhhhh... yea he’s top tier. He’s. Better lyricist than Drake. As far as mainstream, lyrically on K.Dot and Wale are on his level.

Nipsey ain’t that great of a lyricist. He’s a “game spitter” rapper. I’m still a HUGE fan. Nip ain’t on his level.

Who do you consider to be a top tier rapper?

Yes. Cole is CLEARLY a top tier rapper. He’s rapping circles around Nipsey, don’t get me started on Rocky. As far as mainstream rap, Cole and Kendrick are the top tier (some will add Drake but that’s a different argument).

Yes. Cole is CLEARLY a top tier rapper. He’s rapping circles around Nipsey, don’t get me started on Rocky. As far as mainstream rap, Cole and Kendrick are the top tier (some will add Drake but that’s a different argument).

Cole doesn't consistently deliver top tier material. ***** can drop verse of the year candidates but then make **** like Foldin Clothes.

Ehhhh, Youngboy’s grinding and comeup >>> his actual rapping. He has some good songs, but I never feel like I’ve missed anything if I didn’t peep his stuff
Kodak lost his potential lyrically.
YB still goin strong or at least better than him
Dude released like 4 tapes this year alone you could listen front to back

**** I just wanted to link this vid but couldn't help to listen before doin so

Zeze is wack asf to me too.

Rip to the no flockin kodack

Back
Top Bottom