Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

****** still front on Drake but we never seen an impact or run like his

It all comes down to preference but Cole/KDot/Drake still the big 3, for at least the next 10 years

Ugghhhhh... yea he’s top tier. He’s. Better lyricist than Drake. As far as mainstream, lyrically on K.Dot and Wale are on his level.

Nipsey ain’t that great of a lyricist. He’s a “game spitter” rapper. I’m still a HUGE fan. Nip ain’t on his level.

Who do you consider to be a top tier rapper?
Like I stated in my prior post, Kendrick.

*****s still front on Drake but we never seen an impact or run like his

It all comes down to preference but Cole/KDot/Drake still the big 3, for at least the next 10 years

His run is like Ohio State beating a cupcake opponent 80-7...

Mainstream music is watered down. The competition level is nonexistent. He’s not better than K. Dot or J.cole.

You’re bragging about him, in a completely watered down era of music, like c’mon bro :lol::lol::rofl::rofl:

Drake is a habitual pest. I can tell he’s the type that persistently harasses people. He wants to be involved so much. He just pesters the hell out of people, until they give in. That’s his career and music , in a nutshell

Last edited:

7B1277DA-7016-4002-B987-EE3A392A7C2F.gif

No, but thats the level of quality rapping I consider top tier.

Please list yours.

I’m 30 years old bro, you ain’t on my musical level but, I’ll just keep it modern day for you.

J. Cole, Kendrick, Mick Jenkins, G herb, Denzel Curry, Joey Badass, Joey Purp, ASAP Twelvvy, Koly P, Mozzy, OMB Peezy,

That’s just modern rappers. I have more but, I’ll keep it to a minimum

I’m 30 years old bro, you ain’t on my musical level but, I’ll just keep it modern day for you.

J. Cole, Kendrick, Mick Jenkins, G herb, Denzel Curry, Joey Badass, Joey Purp, ASAP Twelvvy, Koly P, Mozzy, OMB Peezy,

That’s just modern rappers. I have more but, I’ll keep it to a minimum
We're the same age. Your list is trash, as expected.

He's definitely still in jail. And what lane? They don't sound alike.

Eh I can feel that. They're doing different takes of the same idea in a way, to me. Frosty and Almighty both been playing around with their intonation, exaggerating their voices and ****. Blueface kinda ran off with some of their adlibs too

I think the main and biggest difference is they ride the beat in a more traditional way whereas Blueface colors outside the lines and gets more bizarre with it

Blueface be wearing tru religion like 2012 keef :lol:

LA _'s love Tru's :lol:

Last edited:
I like more Nas albums than Jay albums.

I like more Jay features than Nas features.

I skip way more Jay songs than Nas songs on an album level.

They both in my top 5 and 444 was impressive cause Jay’s previous albums weren’t good.

jay drop one decent verse and guys lose their minds

Actually enjoyed his verse on Meeks album sad it took Kendrick and for him to be damn near 50 for him to step into the lane he should’ve BEEN in but hey at least we got “*****s in Paris”

Were you in jail for 4:44?

You sound dumb as hell

Ya'll really consider J Cole a top tier rapper? I just see him as a Nipsey/Wale/Rocky level rapper with more forgettable songs on worse production. I guess a better personality carries him. Along with coming in as "The first artist signed to RocNation" marketing.

Kendrick is light years ahead of him as a rapper.

I think both Kendrick and Cole can rap. Kendrick is just entertaining while doing it. And he has good production.

*****s still front on Drake but we never seen an impact or run like his

I think son is a cornball, crybaby, wanna be, and a ho.

But I'm never gonna front on what he does. Son is a hit maker.

98% of the singing **** don't appeal to me but when it hits
167CD161-9CAC-4556-9107-B50C40469FDE.png

IYRT in general

Can't call him goat cuz the writing **** but god damn

The answer is No right now, but maybe in 3 to 5 years the answer may change. I heard Rosenberg mention kendrick and Drake, and those are the two I'd bet the money on.

The question is greater than hov, not better. So you have to take into account skill, hits, appeal, touring, etc. Better? Nah. The man is too good. He's 49 and still A1 as hell.

I mean obviously You could say Em'. And that's probably the right answer. But Em hasn't been a relevant Rapper is so long. Like his impact on culture has been light and it's been the case for over a decade.

I am NOT endorsing Drake or Dot on this post. I am not saying that they will be better than Hov. My opinion on Drake is known lol but this isn't that. I'm simply saying that their resumes may make the answer a conversation in 3 to 5 years.

If Dot doesn't slow down, in a few years he'll have the grammy's, multiple arena tours, stadiums, critical acclaim, He's going to have an argument.

Drake right now already has multiple arena tours, has like 8 or 9 consecutive #1 albums, hundreds of top 10 records literally, yadaydayada, club records, rap records, the star power, at 32...it'll be a conversation.

Kendrick has a great body of work, but it’s still too early to see where he takes his star power. That’s the only part I’d concede to.

But in terms of Drake, or Em, or Kenny, etc., being able to sell out an arena and having a ton of hits under their belt... that’s not enough.

Hov is the bar for all of that. And the fact remains that his impact and influence transcends rap. No one else has motivated cats to get their business minds together. Hov just covers tooooooo much ground for anyone else to be in that conversation of who’s better or greater.

The *****’s a unicorn, b.

Last edited:
Drake is having a great run in music period but when comparing him to rappers it's different. He makes a lot of Pop radio friendly music and he has whole team of people writing for him and looking for what's the next sound and new trend. His fans hate hearing that but it is what it is. Drake is a more talented Puff.

Kodak lost his potential lyrically.
YB still goin strong or at least better than him
Dude released like 4 tapes this year alone you could listen front to back

**** I just wanted to link this vid but couldn't help to listen before doin so

Zeze is wack asf to me too.

Rip to the no flockin kodack

Youngboy been more consistent the last year but Kodak locked in again. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom