Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I know this isnt hiphop related..but this **** is hilarious

Screenshot_2018-12-04-16-44-161.jpg

Last edited:
I like more Nas albums than Jay albums.

I like more Jay features than Nas features.

I skip way more Jay songs than Nas songs on an album level.

They both in my top 5 and 444 was impressive cause Jay’s previous albums weren’t good.

I would say

Jay albums > Nas albums
Jay features >
I skip a lot more Nas songs
Life Is Good is Nas only good album in the past ten years

but Illmatic >

I think both Kendrick and Cole can rap. Kendrick is just entertaining while doing it. And he has good production.
You can be a bad rapper and a great entertainer, so I'm not going to use that as a differential between the two.

Along those lines, I personally can't say there is a standout verse from Cole I can recite off the top of my head. Maybe others can. I can acknowledge the verse or song as great, but I would have to actually play the song to remember what he even said. "Cole's verse on A Star is Born was dope. Remember when he said, um, hold up, let me pull this joint up".

Cole doesn't consistently deliver top tier material. ***** can drop verse of the year candidates but then make **** like Foldin Clothes.
The end of that song though>

****** from the hood is the best actors
We the ones that got to wear our face backwards
Put your frown on before they think you soft
Never smile long or take your defense off
Acting tough so much we start to feel hard
Live from the city where they pull cards
I got a Glock 40 and a little nine
Ready for the day a ***** pull mine
****** from the hood is the best actors
Got learn to speak in ways that's unnatural
Just to make it through the job interviews
If my ****** heard me, they'd say "Damn what’s gotten into you?"

Blueprint 3 was too commercial, it ain't bad but it ain't great. Probably like about half of it.

Facts

Cash me outside girl is living proof that you can have ZERO musical talent, but as long as you can find some basic beat with loud drums, rhyme the last word of every line, and create some kind of buzz off social media you can have a career in rap, short lived maybe but you can still get some money.

There’s always been bozos in rap though. It just seems worse to me now. The clutter at the bottom doesn’t a even balanced by quality at the top anymore.

There are more good songs on BP3 than there are bad songs on BP3.

the goods:
What we talkin about
Thank You
DOA
Run this Town
(On to the Next)
Empire State of Mind
Real as it Gets
Already Home
Hate
So Ambitious
Reminder

the bads:
(On to the Next)
Off that
A star is born
Venus vs. Mars
Young Forever

On to the Next is a toss up so it’s mentioned in both.

Outside of that, I stand by what I said. BP3 is not a bad album like folks make it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom