Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You like Yachty so I'm not surprised. That's no shade, rock with what you like but a lot of these _'s now are flat out garbage at making music.

Y'all gotta stop jumping to "super wordy, lyricism" every time somebody says they don't like some of these dudes. I listen to a gang of **** that's not super lyrical. A lot of rap music is about a feeling and vibe but some of these dudes have little to no talent. Rap has always been about feeling and energy, that's not new.

we prolly last had a convo bout yachty 2 years ago when he was first out :lol:

i like a few of his songs but i really cant make it thru his full projects all the way thru lol.

as a matter of fact i really just fw the songs he got w other people :lol:

any type of triplet fast post migo flow kinda getting old to me and yachty stay on that to try and prove he can really rap lol

we prolly last had a convo bout yachty 2 years ago when he was first out :lol:

i like a few of his songs but i really cant make it thru his full projects all the way thru lol.

as a matter of fact i really just fw the songs he got w other people :lol:

any type of triplet fast post migo flow kinda getting old to me and yachty stay on that to try and prove he can really rap lol
What changed in 2 years? :lol: You used to post a bunch of his songs telling us he was good.

Some of the stuff you post it's dudes I listen to but I'm 30, we came up on 2 totally different era's of hip hop.

Yella Beezy’s tape has more replay value than Drip Harder or Street Gossip.

Baby cool, but keeping it a buck, there’s very little differentiation between him, Thug, or Gunna imo. Thug got both of them beat because he’s melodic or whatever it is that we call it these days, but that’s about it.

Baby cool, but keeping it a buck, there’s very little differentiation between him, Thug, or Gunna imo. Thug got both of them beat because he’s melodic or whatever it is that we call it these days, but that’s about it.

To me Baby and Gunna don't know how to choose the right flow for the beat. They go melodic more than necessary. Thug know switch his flow up fluidly and he's clever so he stands above em to me. Beezy also knows how to switch up his flow appropriately

What? Y’all obviously not listening to baby. He sounds nothing like gunna at all or thug besides the harmonizing esque voice. Beezy is average and can never make crush a lot.

They all three most certainly sounds alike.

Reactions: OTG
Meh. Agree to disagree.

I’m not bashing Baby. I fw his music for the most part.

But you sleep. Crush a lot isn’t even seeing So Much Gucci. Let alone Why They Mad or Safe To Say. :smokin

Baby’s from the home team, so I root for him naturally. But son got one flow, and is a reiteration of Thug and Gunna.

031314-music-animal-album-cover-ludacris-Word-of-Mouf.jpg

I like Lil baby and all but that **** he did wit Gunna gets zero plays from me. There was like 1 good song

Baby’s from the home team, so I root for him naturally. But son got one flow, and is a reiteration of Thug and Gunna.

Same, although I think he has more than one flow he just depends on that one way too much

Out of the new generation kodak and youngboy are going to be the ones to carry the next generation..i just hope youngboy can get 100% out the streets and continue to drop good music

I really grew to like Youngboy. He gotta clean himself up, I always feel bad after I enjoy a track or two of his and remember him beating his girl

Interestingly enough, Kodak's antics started making me shift focus away from him. I try to disassociate the art from the person making it, but when the person's bs starts to bleed over into the music, I can only ignore it for so long. Think I wrote him off after he dropped that bull**** No Flockin 2. You could tell son was zooted out of his mind... on a beat where he originally chastised folks for being zooted out of their minds. :lol: :smh:

Youngboy has more talent from a rapping standpoint imo, but he got a lot of bs that follows him as well.

With the newer generation, you gotta take a firm stance on only giving attention to the music. These young ****** out here lost, man.

My mom didn't care... Cuz of her I know all the songs off juveniles 400 degree :lol:

****ttt. I vividly remember my mom turning the station when "Ha" played. I still play that track to this day. She wasn't going for none of that back then tho. Younger me couldn't even listen to the damn radio edit version of tracks. Then she'd hit me with the classic "You better know your school work the way you know those songs' :rofl: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom