Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Lil Baby got bars. IDK what more y’all dudes want.

I feel like Baby could flourish on any type of production. Any type of content, street/club, whatever. He’s got a plethora of dimensions. That’s how I see Kodak and NBA, too. Their versality sets them all apart

Idk if I'd go bars but Baby, Gunna, & Beezy are good storytellers.

Baby "suffers" the same way Weeknd does. He has a sound that works and will practically always sound good but the lack of variety makes his music kinda boring

****ttt. I vividly remember my mom turning the station when "Ha" played. I still play that track to this day. She wasn't going for none of that back then tho. Younger me couldn't even listen to the damn radio edit version of tracks. Then she'd hit me with the classic "You better know your school work the way you know those songs' :rofl: :smh:

Fam, my mom used to tell me that **** daily!!

I remember my mom making me get the edited CDs. Which was wild cause my whole family curse like crazy.

I'm form Atlanta I disagree.
I'm basing what I'm saying mainly on flow. They are all relatively same level lyrically and tell stories with the same level of creativity

I'm from Dallas, Beezy flow not seeing Gunna's in any capacity

Even when Gunna not talkin about nothing he skate so effortless..

Of the ones who are saying Beezy is on the lower end of the totem pole, how many of you have actually listened to Ain’t Going Back? >D

I don’t see how this can be the prevailing logic:

Lil Baby got bars. IDK what more y’all dudes want.

I feel like Baby could flourish on any type of production. Any type of content, street/club, whatever. He’s got a plethora of dimensions. That’s how I see Kodak and NBA, too. Their versality sets them all apart

and you count Beezy out, if you’ve heard his project. Son hit on all those marks. :lol:

Wayne is Carmelo

Never really great and one dimensional

Overrated and then got exposed at the end of his career

but will still be a Hall of Famer and recognized as a great

This is probably the perfect comparison, though no one ever put Carmelo over guys clearly better than him like people have with Birdman’s son

They all three most certainly sounds alike.

You can barely tell Gunna and Baby apart on the same tracks. Their differences are extremely marginal. But they are better than Young Thug simply by just focusing on music and not reaching for every gimmick in the book.

Yela Beezy sounds nothing like Bankroll Fresh though, that’s almost insulting

Last edited:
Thug still gets the edge over them. His voice is an instrument. Gunna and Baby have the exact same flow, tone, and cadence on their tracks.

And agreed. Beezy doesn’t sound like Bankroll. At all. :lol:

Peep Game Peep Game

Yella Beezy def sounds like Bankroll. In fact, on his song that blew up...he used Fresh’s “poppin ****” flow and even distinctly shouted him out in the line.

I rock with Yella Beezy. But he ain’t seeing Lil Baby (and they aren’t similar). Baby discography already crazy. And it’s just a year and change in.

Baby isn’t a “thug clone” either. What he does is pretty different from what Thug does. Although they can go into similar pockets and sound alike on tracks. Lil Baby has his own distinct flows, pockets and melodies. His rollercoaster melody and stop and pop flow are all his.

Even Kodak playing with it now.

You can barely tell Gunna and Baby apart on the same tracks. Their differences are extremely marginal. But they are better than Young Thug simply by just focusing on music and not reaching for every gimmick in the book.

Yela Beezy sounds nothing like Bankroll Fresh though, that’s almost insulting

Even if you count Thug using gimmicks he still outdoes Baby & Gunna. Musically nothing Baby nor Gunna has done has impressed me the way Thug has.

It's hard for me to compare the three because I just got on to all of them so I'm not deep in the research on em but at the depth that I'm at, I'm def preferring Beezy. Mostly because Gunna and Baby use the same flow far too often and Beezy has a better ratio for knowing with flow to use on a track. On that Up One Remix, Baby flow didn't match as well as Beezy's because Baby stuck with the tried and true flow

Even if you count Thug using gimmicks he still outdoes Baby & Gunna. Musically nothing Baby nor Gunna has done has impressed me the way Thug has.

It's hard for me to compare the three because I just got on to all of them so I'm not deep in the research on em but at the depth that I'm at, I'm def preferring Beezy. Mostly because Gunna and Baby use the same flow far too often and Beezy has a better ratio for knowing with flow to use on a track. On that Up One Remix, Baby flow didn't match as well as Beezy's because Baby stuck with the tried and true flow

Up one was a “jump on feature” for lil baby. That ***** mailed it in on there. He literally has like 100 features with bubbling rappers where you can tell it’s a cash grab :lol:. Go actually listen to TOO Hard and Harder then Hard. That’s where he showcases his range on those projects. Harder than Ever too.

I wish Gunna was on QC, he bout to let Thug **** his career up. With the buzz since DS3 he should’ve been dropped another project

Up one was a “jump on feature” for lil baby. That ***** mailed it in on there. He literally has like 100 features with bubbling rappers where you can tell it’s a cash grab :lol:. Go actually listen to TOO Hard and Harder then Hard. That’s where he showcases his range on those projects. Harder than Ever too.

Too Hard was the first project I listened to for Lil Baby and I'll run it back but I do remember there was a string of songs if not all of them had the same flow and sounded like one long song that was ruined the mood. To be clear, the music sounds nice, but to hear that same flow over and over wore me out

Too Hard was the first project I listened to for Lil Baby and I'll run it back but I do remember there was a string of songs if not all of them had the same flow and sounded like one long song that was ruined the mood. To be clear, the music sounds nice, but to hear that same flow over and over wore me out

You gotta peep Harder than hard :pimp:

Bonus :pimp:

But I know the flow you’re talking about. It CAN get repetitive. But it works and is kinda his “signature”. He leans on it too much sometimes. But I rock with it.

That's what I got when I checked him out. He got boring, ok to listen to but nothing different about him.

I was literally just thinking this the other day. He's lost a lot of momentum.

Huh? Gunna on fire right now :lol:. What y’all talking bout. His momentum going up. The ***** Touring with Travis Scott right now. Had a #1 album a month ago, a top 5 record...and reintroducing the masses to Drip season 3 that they missed earlier in the year.

His Colors joint doing numbers. They doubling back now and just getting on his old ****.

Back
Top Bottom