Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I was just watching the greatest battle rap backfires and there were some funny *** moments in there. dudes should have melted from the embarassment. i remember this dude telling someone he’ll jump their “muva” :lol:

i wanna get into it

38 tracks?
tenor.gif

I1B7x.gif

Lil Keed

YSL

this dude another Thug clone who doing it better

I maybe imagining this but i feel like one of yall called Thug getting what he did to Wayne pulled on him...so far Thug intelligently scooping up all his clone competition

this been my **** the past few weeks.

yung mal another young ***** who slept on. idk what it is homie be sliding. lowkey gon be the MVP of that 1017 roster under Pablo. watch.

babygirlwushannnin!

Lowkey mal and pablo gotta be related they look alike and mal flow like a pokemon evolution of pablo’s flow :lol:

Rapper Troy Ave. is confident the rule of law will topple the code of the street he once lived by when he goes on trial Jan. 11 on attempted murder and gun possession charges.

“The streets are a myth,” he told the Daily News at a quiet restaurant in the Flatiron District, just blocks from the concert venue where he was shot twice and a childhood friend was killed in a May 2016 bloodbath. “All the ignorant ways we were taught, they’re not right.”

Troy Ave, born Roland Collins, said he stayed quiet when he was arrested following the violence at an Irving Plaza performance headlined by rapper TI, where he was shot twice and his friend Ronald McPhatter was killed.

According to the “Streets Is a Myth” performer, he also remained silent at NYU Langone Medical hospital while investigators found four guns in his car, including the murder weapon.
After sitting in jail for two months, he came to realize the people he once called his friends — whom Troy Ave said abandoned him and McPhatter when the violence began — were looking out for themselves and he needed to do the same thing.

“I didn’t tell everything that happened, I held up to the street code like an idiot,” Troy Ave claimed. “If I’d said in the hospital, ‘here’s what happened, here’s who shot me,’ (the case against him would) be over.”

Rapper Daryl Campbell, aka Taxstone, was arrested in connection with McPhatter’s killing in July 2017. Troy Ave said he was briefly in possession of the murder weapon because he took it away during the melee.

“You come from the ‘hood and you get a ‘hood mentality of things that don’t matter in real life,” he said. “They say ‘don’t talk to the cops.’ Alright, but if someone breaks into your house, you’re calling the cops. It’s a fact. You’re at a handicap. It’s usually unsuccessful people who will tell you that and you can’t take the advice of unsuccessful people if you want to become successful. Its all about perspective. People who have nothing to lose will tell you to do this, do that, do this that way — and you think wait a minute, (those advisors don’t) have s—t.”

Troy Ave said he thinks about his upcoming trial every day, but is confident he’ll beat the rap.

“If I was guilty I’d be scared as s—t. I’d have all the fear in the world, like ‘I’m caught! Now I need to make up lies to get out of this,’” the rapper said. “I told my lawyer, when he came to see me in the hospital, we don’t have to do anything but tell the truth. The truth gets us out of this.”

The rapper’s 2- and 3-year-old sons are too young to understand their dad’s situation, but he vows they won’t grow-up knowing life on the streets.

“F—k no!’ he said. “Why would they?”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-tory-ave-shooting-20181212-story.html

if he didnt alienate most of raps tastemaking fanbase by going on that “**** weirdo rappers” press run a few years ago more people would stand behind this actually correct and intelligent stance

even if people “forget” that type of stuff is the intangibles of why people dont root for you...

i always liked his rapping voice he did too much these past 5 years tho

Man, football and basketball on tonight. Y’all nagras posting about Kanye though....

Mf you can't use an iPhone and watch TV at the same time? :lol:

This is all Ye lmao, ***** such a broad going online spilling all the details

Nothing you bout to say is gonna convince me Drake ain't a BAN so you can cut it right here :lol:

Back
Top Bottom